Verizon: Waiving the Early Termination Fee?

I think I remember I saw a thread this past year about someone being able to get the early termination fee waived. How do I go upon doing that?

I thought the government were trying to get a law passed that allows that but I haven't heard much from it.
I need to get a new phone but still have a year with Verizon so I hope we get some good responses here.

Same here. My phone is barely keeping charge(last about 4-6 hours if Im lucky, I'm an avid texter so battery life is important...It's ghetto enoughthat I have to bring my charger with me everywhere I go)., and I have to smack it a couple of times in order for it to start charging.

How long have you had your phone? If it is less than a year, you should be able to get a new (refurbished) of the same phone.
You have to use the same battery though so if the same problem persist, then you simply need to buy a new battery.

I've used up my insurance replacements, and not eligible for a new upgrade until march next year:/

sprint needs to do this
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by vdubsta

Same here. My phone is barely keeping charge(last about 4-6 hours if Im lucky, I'm an avid texter so battery life is important...It's ghetto enough that I have to bring my charger with me everywhere I go)., and I have to smack it a couple of times in order for it to start charging.
Do you charge your phone over night? If you do then thats the problem. Try charging your phone for about an hour to hour and a half. I startchargiung my phone as soon as my alarm goes off. My batterie last the whole day. till the next morning.

Originally Posted by djaward

Same here. My phone is barely keeping charge(last about 4-6 hours if Im lucky, I'm an avid texter so battery life is important...It's ghetto enough that I have to bring my charger with me everywhere I go)., and I have to smack it a couple of times in order for it to start charging.
Do you charge your phone over night? If you do then thats the problem. Try charging your phone for about an hour to hour and a half. I start charging my phone as soon as my alarm goes off. My batterie last the whole day. till the next morning.
Are you saying that the over-charging leads to a short battery life for the day? I didn't know that... I might have to stop charging overnight.

I've used up my insurance replacements, and not eligible for a new upgrade until march next year:/

You can use up your insurance replacements? I thought it was unlimited for the year as a manufacturers warranty? I was also told that if you get your phoneexchanged 3 times within the 90 day period, you are eligible to get a different phone, probably also refurbished but at least it's a different workingphone.

I don't know. I know is that I've lost it while snowboarding and then simply fell on it. So its not neccessarily a manufacturers deffect?

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Do you charge your phone over night? If you do then thats the problem. Try charging your phone for about an hour to hour and a half. I start charging my phone as soon as my alarm goes off. My batterie last the whole day. till the next morning.
Are you saying that the over-charging leads to a short battery life for the day? I didn't know that... I might have to stop charging over night.

Yeah, I used to charge my phone overnight everyday and within the year, it had a battery life of 12 hours. Battery should be charge only when needed and itshould also be run dead at times. Supposedly.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Are you saying that the over-charging leads to a short battery life for the day? I didn't know that... I might have to stop charging over night.

Yeah, I used to charge my phone overnight everyday and within the year, it had a battery life of 12 hours. Battery should be charge only when needed and it should also be run dead at times. Supposedly.

I've heard the same...
I charge my phone over night 3 days a week, and let it run dry once in a while...

I get about 19 hours of battery while texting all day.

Yeah but can they prove that it is your fault? Is there physical damage on the phone?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Yeah, I used to charge my phone overnight everyday and within the year, it had a battery life of 12 hours. Battery should be charge only when needed and it should also be run dead at times. Supposedly.
Truth.

If the phone isn't wet or you didn't break you should still be to get a manufacture's warranty replacement.

Tell them you've moved to an area thats a dead zone. I told T-Mobile this about 2-3 years ago and they waved my fee. Or you can ask them for proof of thecontract you signed and chances are they wont have it, and they'll have to waive your fee.

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Tell them you've moved to an area that is a dead zone. I told T-Mobile this about 2-3 years ago and they waved my fee. Or you can ask them for proof of the contract you signed and chances are they wont have it, and they'll have to waive your fee.
laugh.gif
the good old days-

i told someone to try this and they did- the rep was like cool...give me the address of the dead zone and call us when your around there and we will check thesignal and try to fix it OTA ....they dont just take your word for it anymore
laugh.gif
also now when you reup contracts they do that voice record confirmation thing so im sure they keep those on record...worth a try i guess

Tell them you've moved to an area thats a dead zone. I told T-Mobile this about 2-3 years ago and they waved my fee. Or you can ask them for proof of the contract you signed and chances are they wont have it, and they'll have to waive your fee.

Naw they have a map, where they can look addresses and see if you have coverage and I as far as I know all the signatures at Verizon are electronic so theycould pull it up.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

Tell them you've moved to an area that is a dead zone. I told T-Mobile this about 2-3 years ago and they waved my fee. Or you can ask them for proof of the contract you signed and chances are they wont have it, and they'll have to waive your fee.
laugh.gif
the good old days-

i told someone to try this and they did- the rep was like cool...give me the address of the dead zone and call us when your around there and we will check the signal and try to fix it OTA ....they dont just take your word for it anymore
laugh.gif
also now when you reup contracts they do that voice record confirmation thing so im sure they keep those on record...worth a try i guess

...? You can't really fix a dead zone, certain areas just don't get signal. You can go on your carriers website and find areas that are dead zones, atleast you used to be able to with T-Mobile.

Originally Posted by Kingtre

laugh.gif
the good old days-

i told someone to try this and they did- the rep was like cool...give me the address of the dead zone and call us when your around there and we will check the signal and try to fix it OTA ....they dont just take your word for it anymore
laugh.gif

...? You can't really fix a dead zone, certain areas just don't get signal. You can go on your carriers website and find areas that are dead zones, at least you used to be able to with T-Mobile.
i aint saying its true or that they could have fixed it im just saying they were tryna take it that extra step -

they don't take your word for too much now days.

They go a lil further to make you prove your point

That is true. I always get into fights with tech support because they do not believe anything I say.
They give me a solution and when I say it didn't work, they have the nerve to tell me that I am not liking any of their solutions.

Back
Top Bottom