V Jade Horizon Apr 9, 2022

Which of these is the AJ 5 release of the year?

• Jade Horizon

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Green Bean

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Easter SE

• Racer Blue

• Girls that Hoop (Low)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clot (Low)

• PSG (Low)

• Concord

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Doernbecher (Low)

• Total voters
Part of the charm for me. I dunno if I'll snag a pair but I do like the idea of a pre-yellowed sole in the sense that I wouldn't have to baby them. The colorway itself is alright too but I'm definitely biased because I like muted and earth tones.
I think they're super cool. My only concern would be what are they going to look like when the upper begins to rub off or "patina" or whatever it's supposed to do, according to the Nike product description. The only reason I'm not going to actually buy a pair is that I have sworn to myself to take it as easy as possible on shoe purchases this year. I have three pairs of silver tongue Fire Reds and have been wearing the first one quite a bit, but it's still practically brand new. I have the black OW Vs. I'd wear these after work for the first week I got them, and then they'd wind up mostly collecting dust in my closet. I am done buying stuff just to have it--I'm skipping the carbon Zoom Flight 95s for the same reason, even though I had the OGs as my intramural game shoe back in college. Only shoes I know of so far that I need this year are: Penny 1 Orlando, Fire Red III, AM97 Silver Bullet (if it actually happens), Lebron 2 black/red (if it actually happens), and AT1 Chlorophylls (if it actually happens). Something else major from my personal lifetime must-have list is going to have to pup up on the release calendar for me to budge from this :lol:

I think they're super cool. My only concern would be what are they going to look like when the upper begins to rub off or "patina" or whatever it's supposed to do, according to the Nike product description. The only reason I'm not going to actually buy a pair is that I have sworn to myself to take it as easy as possible on shoe purchases this year. I have three pairs of silver tongue Fire Reds and have been wearing the first one quite a bit, but it's still practically brand new. I have the black OW Vs. I'd wear these after work for the first week I got them, and then they'd wind up mostly collecting dust in my closet. I am done buying stuff just to have it--I'm skipping the carbon Zoom Flight 95s for the same reason, even though I had the OGs as my intramural game shoe back in college. Only shoes I know of so far that I need this year are: Penny 1 Orlando, Fire Red III, AM97 Silver Bullet (if it actually happens), Lebron 2 black/red (if it actually happens), and AT1 Chlorophylls (if it actually happens). Something else major from my personal lifetime must-have list is going to have to pup up on the release calendar for me to budge from this :lol:
Wait what? These have an upper like that?? I had no idea honestly. Also I understand completely with trying to cut back on sneaker purchases and all. For the last few years I've stuck to OG colorways only with Jordan's. If MJ didn't wear them or play in them, I can live without them. While my humble little collection is likely a dwarf compared to yours, I've got quite a few pairs that have yet to touch pavement. Playoff 11, Fire Red 5, Carmine 6, Neutral Grey 1, and both pairs of my command forces from the '14 retro. The only non og sneaker I picked up in recent years were the Top 3 5's and that was because of the Nike Air and OG 23 as well as me wanting a nice replacement for my '16 Black Metallics. They're still in fairly good condition but they are indeed showing their age and I refuse to drop the kinda cash people have been asking for em since the Last Dance a couple years back. But I digress, it sounds like you've got your year cut out for you, sneaker wise. Unless JB drops a welcome surprise for Black Friday like a proper retro of the Playoff 8s or Black Tongue 5s or somethin, then depending on how they look I may try to swing at the Fire Red 3s, but if those are not up to par then I'll shoot for the Georgetown 1s in April. If I take an L on them that's cool too since MJ never wore or played in them, so they aren't really a must have. Simple year for me. I hope you're able to get all you're looking forward to with ease though.

Wait what? These have an upper like that?? I had no idea honestly. Also I understand completely with trying to cut back on sneaker purchases and all. For the last few years I've stuck to OG colorways only with Jordan's. If MJ didn't wear them or play in them, I can live without them. While my humble little collection is likely a dwarf compared to yours, I've got quite a few pairs that have yet to touch pavement. Playoff 11, Fire Red 5, Carmine 6, Neutral Grey 1, and both pairs of my command forces from the '14 retro. The only non og sneaker I picked up in recent years were the Top 3 5's and that was because of the Nike Air and OG 23 as well as me wanting a nice replacement for my '16 Black Metallics. They're still in fairly good condition but they are indeed showing their age and I refuse to drop the kinda cash people have been asking for em since the Last Dance a couple years back. But I digress, it sounds like you've got your year cut out for you, sneaker wise. Unless JB drops a welcome surprise for Black Friday like a proper retro of the Playoff 8s or Black Tongue 5s or somethin, then depending on how they look I may try to swing at the Fire Red 3s, but if those are not up to par then I'll shoot for the Georgetown 1s in April. If I take an L on them that's cool too since MJ never wore or played in them, so they aren't really a must have. Simple year for me. I hope you're able to get all you're looking forward to with ease though.

Patina? That sounds cool and all, but looks like a nubuck upper.

I can't find it quickly now but in the original announcement about the Jades, it mentioned the upper "develops a patina over time," or something to that effect. No idea what that means it will look like when it does.
forest hills forest hills Yeah I've pretty much stuck to OG colorways only (when it comes to Jordans, anyway) for my entire sneaker "career" LOL. I've always been more restrained with my purchases than some other people over the years. I was in the middle of moving the other day and counted ... I presently have 91 pairs of sneakers, including double ups and a couple triple ups. While I realize that to a "normal" person this is an unfathomable number of shoes, I feel like it really isn't much for someone who's been doing this as long as I have LOL. Granted, I've also gotten rid of a lot of stuff in the past couple/few years. I'm trying to keep it in this ballpark now, or even get rid of some more stuff.

Last edited:
I can't find it quickly now but in the original announcement about the Jades, it mentioned the upper "develops a patina over time," or something to that effect. No idea what that means it will look like when it does.
forest hills forest hills Yeah I've pretty much stuck to OG colorways only (when it comes to Jordans, anyway) for my entire sneaker "career" LOL. I've always been more restrained with my purchases than some other people over the years. I was in the middle of moving the other day and counted ... I presently have 91 pairs of sneakers, including double ups and a couple triple ups. While I realize that to a "normal" person this is an unfathomable number or shoes, I feel like it really isn't much for someone who's been doing this as long as I have LOL. Granted, I've also gotten rid of a lot of stuff in the past couple/few years. I'm trying to keep it in this ballpark now, or even get rid of some more stuff.
91 pairs?! Man I have like I dunno, 18 pairs at best so far if I'm including my doubles of the recent Black Infrareds and Fire Red 5s. :lol: I'm grateful though. I never would have imagined having so many sneakers during my childhood. But yeah, when you factor in your years of experience in this hobby/passion, 91 pairs isn't too bad. Far more manageable than like 200 pairs or something. Personally my goal Jordan wise is to get all the OG colorways that I truly need, and after that move on to dunks, new balances, stuff like that. I don't think I'll ever not love sneakers and all that make them special to me, but I do see myself slowing down quite a bit when I'm out of college and likely unable to wear most pairs as often due to workplace dress codes.

91 pairs?! Man I have like I dunno, 18 pairs at best so far if I'm including my doubles of the recent Black Infrareds and Fire Red 5s. :lol: I'm grateful though. I never would have imagined having so many sneakers during my childhood. But yeah, when you factor in your years of experience in this hobby/passion, 91 pairs isn't too bad. Far more manageable than like 200 pairs or something. Personally my goal Jordan wise is to get all the OG colorways that I truly need, and after that move on to dunks, new balances, stuff like that. I don't think I'll ever not love sneakers and all that make them special to me, but I do see myself slowing down quite a bit when I'm out of college and likely unable to wear most pairs as often due to workplace dress codes.
Yeah, I don’t know what people do who you see these pics or vids of just hundreds of pairs stacked behind them. I get frustrated enough having 90 or whatever. But I’ve got bad news for ya: I’ve bought more shoes during the last seven years going from 30s into my 40s than ever before. Don’t assume you’re going to be able to just slow down that easily if you truly love sneakers 🤣

Yeah, I don’t know what people do who you see these pics or vids of just hundreds of pairs stacked behind them. I get frustrated enough having 90 or whatever. But I’ve got bad news for ya: I’ve bought more shoes during the last seven years going from 30s into my 40s than ever before. Don’t assume you’re going to be able to just slow down that easily if you truly love sneakers 🤣
Man, so much truth here-especially if you don’t have kids, it’s so easy to get into stacking sneaker boxes with the latest releases and, before you know it, you have an entire room filled up with them.

That "patina" description is definitely interesting. I can see the eyelets possibly.......but, that leather upper is already a light green. How that patinas is definitely fascinating.

I think a lot of people on these forums have that many lol. I comfortably have 200 right now. I'm about to downsize big time. I just have to at this point haha.
Yeah I’d be well past 150 if I didn’t start seriously unloading stuff about three years ago. It was becoming unmanageable 🤣

What’s one more? :lol:

You know you want these Jades.
LOL
They’ll just end up sitting in the end. I’m still trying to cut down my inventory. Just sold my 2015 Fab Five Flight Huaraches today for $225. They’d been sitting in my local consignment shop for the past eight months. Had almost given up hope ever getting rid of them 🤣
I’m trying to stick now to stuff I know I will truly wear. I need Air Trainer 1s, Penny 1s, Silver Bullet 97s, Fire Red 3s, LeBron 2s and now Jordan 2 Chicagos this year. And some other random ish will probably appear, as always. These will just get lost in there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom