V.2015 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

TT will say the amount he will received if he doesnt have any debts.. he probably owed on a student loan or something,Irs will send him a letter shorty

If its a student loan debt if you call the loan people they will give you your money back if you claim hardship

also you cancheck for debts by calling irs offset number 1-800-304-3107

Yeah it was a student loan from 09. It's cool i thought I was done paying but I guess not. I am now tho so that's good.

Hitting up my CPA tomorrow to drop off the paperwork. Hoping she stretches the legal limit as far as she can to get the max back. First year owning my own home so hoping for a decent return off federal and state.

$$$

View media item 1397419

dang lot of good advice on here.

i hate tax season. the second i get any refund back, i just scratch a check back out to pay my 2nd half prop taxes. sucks.

Yeah it was a student loan from 09. It's cool i thought I was done paying but I guess not. I am now tho so that's good.
YOOO

You can actually get that money back. Call the student loan holder and explain to them what happen and tell them you want to file an hardship. By law they have to give the amount taken back to you. Takes about 1 month and you have to go on a rehab of the loans

YOOO

You can actually get that money back. Call the student loan holder and explain to them what happen and tell them you want to file an hardship. By law they have to give the amount taken back to you. Takes about 1 month and you have to go on a rehab of the loans

Na it was only $700. it's cool I'm completely done paying my student loans off now so it was worth it.

My wife makes triple what I make. Still don't know if we should file together or separately.

My wife makes triple what I make. Still don't know if we should file together or separately.

consider using an online product like turbo tax to run through both scenarios. you can do one for each of you separately, then do one as joint and see if the total amount of refund is bigger than you would get separately.

I believe you can file for a few years(3-4) after the tax year as long as you don't have to pay back

Someone correct me if I'm wrong
yes you are correct.. Might of fact if he didnt file last year and was suppose to , they will hold his refund this year until he file all of previous year refunds

I filed on Feb 1st using turbotax and got my state refund back in about 5 days but still havent received my federal yet. Tried to pull up my transcript and it said my info didnt match. I work overseas and im supposed to be getting a nice refund back. Turbotax said i should receive it before the 23rd. I wonder since its my first time getting this amount back if they may be looking deep into my return?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom