V.2015 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

two questions I'm curious about...

1.) Anyone ever been audited?

2.) single guys, the year after you bought your 1st condo, house, etc. how much extra did you get?

thanks!

two questions I'm curious about...

1.) Anyone ever been audited?

2.) single guys, the year after you bought your 1st condo, house, etc. how much extra did you get?

thanks!
I have
In 2009
For the 2007 tax year
After me and my kids mom broke up
She never worked so she had her friend claim our kids
Even though they lived with me
Had to provide all this proof that they lived with me
And I provided more than 50% for them
It was a lil hard because my kids werent in school yet so I didn't have school records
And me and their mom didn't have a custody arraignment with the courts
But I keep all my recipts for everything
So I got proof of address from our medical insurance company
Bills with my address on it and various other stuff
It was all good in the end
But I was nervous as hell
I have never played with the irs
Cause man they be serious bout the money

thanks!

that answer will change for everybody; there are so many factors that go into that. the most relevant thing is the amount of mortgage interest you pay during the year. if you know that, or can estimate it, you can reconfigure your withholdings with your employer. the normal w-4 assumes an individual will employ the standard deduction. as your mortgage interest paid may allow you to itemize deductions, you can fill out a worksheet that will give you an approximation of your itemized deduction's value in terms of exemptions.

I filed on the 25 and got accepted same day, but my taxes still are being processed, also theyre saying that i cant get my transcript because my information foesnt match on my moat recently filed tax return , which it does. Am i in trouble, have they froze my return or what? Im still in the dark and ive been filed these returns man.

and for anybody else who is interested, here's a guide for adjusting your exemptions with your EMPLOYER:

WITH YOUR EMPLOYER:
claim more exemptions = bigger paycheck now, less taxes withheld, smaller refund or owe more next year
claim less exemptions = smaller paycheck now, more taxes withheld, bigger refund or owe less next year

you also have the ability to direct your employer to withhold a specific amount more than they are currently holding... can't tell them to withhold a specific amount less, but you can claim more exemptions and then ask them to withhold more (two steps forward, one step back sort of...)

remember, your employer does not know what the "correct" number of exemptions will be for you when you go to file your tax return forms the following year... your employer will do what you tell them to do. they do not care or notice, it is merely a table/formula for them to consult before cutting your check. (if you attempt to claim exempt (or 99 exemptions) your employer may be obligated to report that information to the IRS who may ask you to substantiate why you are tax exempt or prove that you have 99 exemptions to claim.)

Great , I'm about to go on my employee intranet and switch to 3 and see how it goes :lol: wish me luck

Edit: was able to switch to 3 for federal but for state I have to fax in some form.

Last edited:
What should I do with my refund? I'm thinking pit 20% to my credit card balance, then save the rest..trying to build my savings account, I'm not comfortable with where I am right now financially.

But at the same time, that Tito Jesus looking real nice right now
Got my state today
Supposed to be getting my federal tomorrow

I didn't read through the whole thread. Between work and a whole bunch of other things in between.

But can I change my exemptions to more than one without them looking for proof? Like if I wanna switch to 3 do I need to prove that?

You can change it to 10 and nobody wontvaak or say anything. 2 is perfect if your single, 3 you will owe a little but not much

Is it safe for me to claim 2 on my w4 or will i end up owing? Im not married, no kids, home ownee

2 will be perfect! Actually you can do 3 but you will owe a little unless you have some deductions or credits such as the school credit etc

went on here and was able to view my transcript but i dont see a deposit date

It Wil not say the date outright. Look for the cycle number which is in a date format and look and see if you see a code 846 at the bottom along the other codes . All the codes at the bottom will tell you if your being reviewed audited etc

Last edited:
So I checked my transcript and I saw this, am I getting the refund on 2/23?
View media item 1387383

Your refund is issued. You will get it on or before Wednesday. If you tell me the cycle code which is above them codes I can tell you the exact day.

But it will be before Wed. They already issued your refund. It's going through the banks now. If your bank does early deposits you will get it a day early

Your refund is issued. You will get it on or before Wednesday. If you tell me the cycle code which is above them codes I can tell you the exact day.

But it will be before Wed. They already issued your refund. It's going through the banks now. If your bank does early deposits you will get it a day early

cycle is 20150504

or is it code 150?

Last edited:
cycle is 20150504

or is it code 150?

It was processed and approved today.

Your deposit date is tuesday. If your bank does deposit a day early you will get it monday.

This is 100% correct

I posted a video a few pages back how to read the code

Looks like you had a simple return. Claimed your self

Last edited:
Filed my taxes 1/29 using taxact.com. Got my state taxes back on Wednesday and Federal today.

We eating :smokin

I filed my State and Fed on 2/1...State cleared on 2/4 Fed still processing. Guess I got caught up in the post 1/31 wave smh

interesting...

minnesota has decided to stop accepting state level tax returns from turbo tax due to fraud in past years...

It was processed and approved today.

Your deposit date is wedsnday. If your bank does deposit a day early you will get it Tuesday.

This is 100% correct

I posted a video a few pages back how to read the code

Looks like you had a simple return. Claimed your self

Cycle code is 20150505 and issue date is 2-23-14. Same as the other guy Wednesday/Thursday? Hope I get it before I head out to Portland after the asg next weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom