V.2014 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

I dont even know where to start with mine :smh:

the beginning is usually a good place.

start by thinking about everything that happened to you financially over the past year, and then make a list of documents that you're expecting to receive. working for a legitimate employer as an employee usually means they'll send you a w-2. call them and ask to find out. having interest in a savings account usually involves getting a 1099-INT. call your bank to find out. contributing to retirement plans usually involves some additional documentation also, and you can count on getting paperwork regarding any stock transactions or higher education payments.

think you're missing something from a company? call them and ask. the rest of the documents you'll want are usually receipts or your proof that certain things happened, or records of specific dollar amounts and dates. things like auto/mileage records, or inventory tracking for a small business. maybe even expenses if you're self employed, or medical expenses.

when you've got all of that, then sit down at a computer and start using tax prep software. it really is easy! it asks you questions about your financial situation and you answer them honestly, and voila! your taxes are completed. (you may not like the outcome, but that provides you an opportunity to learn about your situation and make adjustments for next year).

if you don't want to use online software, you can try downloading and printing out the forms from the IRS website. (same for state usually). be forewarned, most call centers (especially IRS) had their helpline staff reduced over the past few years and you may experience difficulty getting in touch with a human being to answer your question over the phone. you can always consider VITA as a resource: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Free-Tax-Return-Preparation-for-You-by-Volunteers .

unsure about what you've started on? take your findings to a tax preparer and see if they come up with the same thing. ask them to explain any differences or changes compared to what you did yourself, and then keep both copies so that you'll know how to do what the preparer did for yourself in the future.

Fed came.

state was rejected. :stoneface:

were you provided any information regarding why your state submission was rejected? usually there's something called a reject code. if you can't determine why, consider contacting the entity that helped you file electronically (usually the software company), and ask them to assist you.

So I paid a little over $4G for school last year (not including books) (I go to a CC) how much of that should I expect to get back
nerd.gif

So I paid a little over $4G for school last year (not including books) (I go to a CC) how much of that should I expect to get back
nerd.gif
You paid cash or grant or loan?

But you will get a good amount of that back

Yeah I got the form the other day. Just curious how much I'll get back from it. Textbooks right now are killing my pockets.
use turbotax and find out

Hard to tell without knowing your income and fed taxes taken out etc

Last edited:
Should have filed mine online. Dad did it on paper and mailed them in

Be back in in like 6 weeks! :lol:

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this. I feel like I should have had mine today with everyone else considering I filed mine as early as possible.

Still, I SHOLD have it within 2 weeks.... RIGHT?!!?

I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this. I feel like I should have had mine today with everyone else considering I filed mine as early as possible.

Still, I SHOLD have it within 2 weeks.... RIGHT?!!?
What did wheresmyrefund say? when did you file and with who?

Right now it look slike it is completly random. Some people who got accepted on 02/02 are getting refunds before people who got accepted 01/31

Since my return SHOULD be more than I initially thought, I plan on visiting Suit Supply NYC & saving the rest. Paid off my CCs at the end of last year :D.

What did wheresmyrefund say? when did you file and with who?

Right now it look slike it is completly random. Some people who got accepted on 02/02 are getting refunds before people who got accepted 01/31

It says it's still processing. I filed on 26th, was accepted the 29th, and I filed through taxact.com which is what I've done the past several years and have never had any issues.

It says it's still processing. I filed on 26th, was accepted the 29th, and I filed through taxact.com which is what I've done the past several years and have never had any issues.
Can you order your transcripts? Type in google order irs transcripts and do it by mail and select 2013 return and see what it says

There is people who got accepted 25th that is still waiting and some people who got accepted 02/02 got their money . The first batch was random to test the system

Back
Top Bottom