V.2014 ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

With the form you may have gotten back more but you can always file a amend later. if you paid for school you would have gotten back more,more then likely
Thanks! I got back about everything I paid to the school :nthat:

Man. I only got about half back of what I paid in federal taxes :rolleyes

And like a fifth of what I paid in state.... state always is worthless.

Last edited:
Thanks! I got back about everything I paid to the school
nthat.gif
Yea but your suppose to get back more..

Question for anyone who knows.

I got a letter a few weeks ago that I owed from a form I miss on last year about 250, instead of paying it I just assumed they would take the amount I owed out of my return. Was I right in assuming this? Hopefully it doesn't delay my return.

I got a letter a few weeks ago that I owed from a form I miss on last year about 250, instead of paying it I just assumed they would take the amount I owed out of my return. Was I right in assuming this? Hopefully it doesn't delay my return.
they will take it out and send you the difference

That's what I figured. Hopefully that doesn't delay it at all. As long as I get it before the 20th I should be good. My return was accepted on the 29th, so hopefully I have it soon.

That's what I figured. Hopefully that doesn't delay it at all. As long as I get it before the 20th I should be good. My return was accepted on the 29th, so hopefully I have it soon.
what do wheres my refund  say? o and they will be updating tonight

Last edited:
Fed accepted 2/1/14, still says being processed..... supposed to take this long?

"I got a letter"... can you be more specific? What type of letter (check the piece of paper's corners for a form type or designation)? What did it say?
Are you saying you got an audit letter indicating that the irs has information that may result in you owing them "additional" money? (if you had a zero balance previously, or received a refund for that year, an audit would normally cause you to "owe" additional taxes).

if that's the case, then you'll want to pay close attention to the dates on that letter. The IRS is not allowed to "audit" you and have you immediately owe them... they have to allow you time to respond to the audit notice, during which you don't "technically" owe them the money on the notice... you only "actually" owe it to them once that amount of time has elapsed. that means that it is possible that you might "get your refund" before the dates on that notice, and they would not deduct it, and you would have a separate bill (with additional interest) coming to you after your "audit" goes "final".

if your "audit" has already gone final and is billable, then yes, the irs would "pay itself first" for the money that you owe by taking it out of your refund. that also means that they likely wound NOT be able to direct deposit what's left of your refund. the line on your tax return forms about how much money you would like to be direct deposited into a bank account is very specific, so if you deviate from that amount (say, because the IRS paid itself using some of your refund money) then the amount available for direct deposit would be different than the specific information on your forms, and they would send you a paper check.

let us know how it goes!

I made close to 10k at one job since around April and maybe 1500-2k at another since October.. getting $833 back

21, single, no kids or anything

This sound good? My dad did it and im pretty sure he knows what hes doing. check below though, this is why im not sure...

Heres how I get paid at work

- delivery driver
- $1 per delivery. total amount at the end of the week is added to my check, then taxed
- Hourly + tips
- Credit card tips are reported, and i assume taxed
- Cash tips arent recorded
- At the end of the night after the credit card tips are counted, they report a "total amount of tips" which is the credit card tips + a guesstimate of the cash

I report and get taxed on a few things so im just curious on if its seems correct..

Last edited:
A couple days ago, I started filing on 1040.com. Tonight, I got my 1098 from school & even though I wasn't enrolled in classes last year, I still made payments to them. My federal & state refund jumped tremendously.

I mean, since I got the form, everything is copastetic, right? RIGHT?

i'm not sure what you mean by "everything is copastetic."

Follow the line item instructions (or answer the turbotax type of questions) regarding the 1098 form that you received. If the 1098 was incorrect, the school will provide you with a corrected one. maybe call them to make sure that it's correct? once you have the correct information confirmed, just enter the information from the 1098 into the tax program, or put the info on the correct line of your tax return and continue until you've completed everything.
hold onto the 1098 as proof, just in case the IRS would like to ask you about the details.

if you meant something else, let me know.

I made close to 10k at one job since around April and maybe 1500-2k at another since October.. getting 833 back

This sound good? My dad did it and im pretty sure he knows what hes doingg

21, single, no kids or anything

too many variables to know for sure. have you attempted to complete a tax return on your own using any online software? that was suggested earlier in the thread, and i really agree that it's a great way to find out if what somebody else filled out for you is correct. if you answer the questions honestly and look up terms you don't know, or google a phrase or two, it should be pretty simple.

type in google order irs transcripts. select order by mail. lets us know

said this

"We have accepted your request for a 2013 Return Transcript . Please allow 5-10 days to receive it. The transcript will be sent to the address we have on file for you.

If you need more than one copy of your transcript you are allowed to make copies for your personal records"

Back
Top Bottom