*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

[quote name="Super Producer J"][quote name="DarthSka"]Serbia 'bout to get curbstomped, methinks.[/quote]:nerd:[/quote]I meant... nah, see what had happened was...

:lol:

[quote name="Super Producer J"][quote name="DarthSka"]Serbia 'bout to get curbstomped, methinks.[/quote]:nerd:[/quote]Sunday.

I was talking about Sunday.

:nerd:

:lol:

The mighty Spanish and Australian teams didn't eem make the final :lol:

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to the finals. USA team are favorites, but also our team shouldn't be underestimated.

Our coach is natural born winner, our players grew up watching him win so many important games, and now our players share the same mentality.

Really like that Coach K put DJ in the starting lineup. At least get some rim protection right away and not have to worry about Boogie's aggressive play messing with the flow early on.

Also, what isn't being discussed much about Boogie's foul trouble is that FIBA is the opposite of the NBA, in terms of physicality. In the NBA, post play is very physical, while perimeter play isn't. FIBA flips that around, allowing hand checking on the perimeter and such, while post play is called very tight. That's the main reason Boogie is having problems. Although, it didn't seem to affect him as much in 2014, so maybe it comes down to inconsistencies in FIBA officiating (of which there are many).

Fiba officiating is horrible. The worse part about it, is the inconsistency from one crew to the next. That why I always say it's the great equalizer. Levels off two teams right away. I mean 4 Ts in the 3rd quarter was ridiculous in this game.

Fiba officiating is horrible. The worse part about it, is the inconsistency from one crew to the next. That why I always say it's the great equalizer. Levels off two teams right away. I mean 4 Ts in the 3rd quarter was ridiculous in this game.

Saw Marc Stein tweet that the refs brought the coaches and captains on the court for a meeting before the second half started. That wouldn't need to happen if they didn't call the game the way they did. 41 fouls (including 5 techs) in a 40-minute game. Just absurd.

Edit: just for fun, I looked up Bill Simmons' recap of the 2008 gold medal game. There were 55 (yes, fifty-five) fouls called lol. Also, this passage will never stop being funny:

Ricky Rubio started for Calderón and was solid, if not great. But the feat itself? Do I need to remind you he's the same age as Jamie Lynn Spears? Imagine Team USA picking Chris Paul and a high school kid as its point guards, then Paul missing the gold-medal game and the teenager holding his own? How many commercials would he be filming right now? Twenty? The nonstop Pistol Pete comparisons are beneath Rubio; his defensive instincts, playmaking and athleticism bring him closer to a hybrid of Scottie Pippen and a young Magic—if they happened to look like one of the Jonas Brothers. I love Ricky to the point that I might move to whatever NBA city gets him. You think I'm kidding.

BRUH

Last edited:
The level of this tournament has been pretty underwhelming so far. 3 blowouts out of 4 quarter finals and both semis were ugly. Hopefully that Spain - USA game was tight because it was pretty awful. No ball movements, no real leaders, other than DJ the US have no inside players and Spain seemed to be scared. Now I liked that WC 2014 team way more than this one and I really hope Australia get bronze.

For the record, I like Bill Simmons, and think he knows a lot of good things about the NBA. That was an egregious foul on his part.

Back
Top Bottom