*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

14034813_10153967085098510_6702590693044942556_n.jpg

Jimmy B sneaky with his finger

YOOOOO!!!! I just saw the replay of them handing out the medals and the little statuettes! Colangelo dropping one and Deandre's "WHOOOA!" was priceless! 
roll.gif

YOOOOO!!!! I just saw the replay of them handing out the medals and the little statuettes! Colangelo dropping one and Deandre's "WHOOOA!" was priceless! :rofl:  

Someone really needs to post a video of this because it was too hilarious when I saw this live.

HB just continues the cycle of players riding the bench to get gold.
but because this squad had multiple close games, he couldnt see the court as much as the other bums from '08 & '12 did
Anthony Davis before he played an NBA game, played more in '12 than HB did

HB's off season, 95 Mill & Gold Medal.
the definition of not doing any work & still getting the A+

what year is the next World Cup Qualifiers for Tokyo 2020?
cant wait to see a Coach Pop offense, with all this talent.
itll be like what we saw from Australia when USA played them in Pool play.
:smokin

Nothing set yet for World Cup qualifiers. They will announce sometime in the next year.
Let's see who plays in those qualifiers. I imagine if its during the playoffs. Guys that ended the season will go. If we qualify to the World Cup, the main guys will come, or at least some.

I wonder who commits to POP and US basketball for the next cycle.

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes had one of the goat summers ever

Played like trash in the playoffs, still secured a bag.
Free trip to Rio and a gold medal.

Only thing missing is Ros

Melo. GOAT Olympic basketball player.

To think Melo and Mike Phelps went to high school's that are literally 2mins apart. Towson and Towson Catholic.

#BaltimoreExcellence :pimp:

Melo. GOAT Olympic basketball player.

To think Melo and Mike Phelps went to high school's that are literally 2mins apart. Towson and Towson Catholic.

#BaltimoreExcellence :pimp:

KD is still the best Team USA player in history.

Melo just played the most.

Still #dmvexcellence though.

Last edited:
KD, Bron, Kobe, Wade, Chuck, MJ, and maybe VC just off the top of my head. So guess you're right he's at 7 or 8.

KD, Bron, Kobe, Wade, Chuck, MJ, and maybe VC just off the top of my head. So guess you're right he's at 7 or 8.

Yup, definitely putting all those guys in front of him though.

VC just for the dunk honestly too.

Kyrie will pass him eventually as well.

Last edited:
[quote name="Mamba MVP"]KD, Bron, Kobe, Wade, Chuck, MJ, and maybe VC just off the top of my head. So guess you're right he's at 7 or 8.[/quote]He was highly effective for 2 golds, and still a solid contributor for a 3rd. And a bronze.

KD? Highly effective for 2 golds.
(So no.)

Bron? Same, plus the same bronze Melo also has. (3 + 1) > (2 + 1)
(So no.)

Kobe? I'll put him ahead of Melo, partly because of what he brought to the table in '08 by changing the culture, and partly because of your loyalty and my disdain.
(So yeah.)

Wade? Same as Bron.
(So no.)

Chuck? He was on the 2 most beastmode USA teams ever, and he was more integral than people give him credit for.
(Sure.)

MJ? Just '84 and '92, but damn was he fierce in '92. Ultimately, though, 'iconic' and 'memorable' and 'popular' aren't the same as 'better'. Strictly from a Team USA standpoint, nope.
(So no.)

VC? :lol:

(Wait, you were serious? He almost didn't even make the team.)

Putting KD ahead of him is just another thing to file under 'Prisoner Of The Moment Statements', nothing more.

It's interesting you didn't even mention David Robinson, who, like Bron and Wade, also has 2 golds and a bronze.

Melo has been on Team USA... for... TWELVE... YEARS. And beasted for 2 of those 4 Olympics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom