*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

Make the right basketball play......

Right basketball play would be to not telegraph your pass. Its not like it was successful :lol: They still closed out and I honestly don't think Melo was expecting him to pass it up.

Anyways, thanks USA for making me money. I hope awwsome put a little on this spread too :nerd:

Last edited:
Finally made it home to catch the end of this game. Damn was this a struggle game for us or AUS really decent?

Had no idea Patty Mills or Delly were Aussies

Idk how you can know who Delly and Patty Mills are...and NOT know they are Aussies :lol:

Australia has been the 2nd best team in the Olympics though. Shouldn't have been this close...but not surprising. These dudes been playing together for a long time.

Well tbh the field of talent around the world is not anywhere close to the level of ours, but the level of teamwork/coaching/hardwork is definitely not as far off as some people think.

In team sports you always have a chance to at least keep it close if you work hard and smart.
In 92, 96, and 2000, the field definitely had no shot at gold, and they knew that the best that their hard work and talent could reasonably get them... was silver.

Now if you say "I meant TODAY. IN TODAY'S world of team sports, you always have a chance with working hard and smart," I will say 2 things:

- For the most part, yes.

- Definitely not in women's basketball. The field is fighting for silver, at best, and that's not changing anytime soon.

I'm just glad Marc didn't make the trip to make up for old *** Spain. This team might have been in trouble this year.

Back
Top Bottom