*USA Basketball* WOMEN EARN GOLD v. ESP (101-72)! MEN EARN GOLD v. SRB (96-66)!

There is no legit comp this summer correct? Can osh confirm

I'm under the impression we can send any combo of the eligible pool and we will win

I think that's right. Canada has talent but is too young. Argentina and Brazil aren't what they used to be. Greece and Serbia have some nice players, but not enough to really contend with us. I think France is probably the biggest threat and, like dmbrhs said, we've pretty much owned them.

Even if all the biggest names drop out, we should be fine. Send Kyrie, Klay, PG13, Boogie, Faried, Draymond, Kiwi, Jimmy Butler and we'll cruise to gold.

Here's the link to the current pool (except Melo and AD are still on there)-

http://www.usab.com/mens/national-team/roster.aspx

Last edited:
Doubtful. Spain has fallen off a bit and very likely won't have Marc Gasol. That was the weakness for Team USA: the Gasols. France will get their one surprise win over somebody but get run out of the gym by Team USA like they always do. Nobody else is of great concern these days.

Spain is down.

France is weak.

Argentina's golden generation is done.

Only teams that worry me are Serbia and Lithuania. Lithuania always seem to give u a run for about 3 quarters.

Only Locks I see on the team are that are going to actually go are,,,, Kyrie, Klay, Derozan, Boogie, Drummond.

Olympic Melo is a beast. Think about that for a second. USA basketball is essentially a joke and this is when he shines :lol:

Melo sucks

Last edited:
I think that's right. Canada has talent but is too young. Argentina and Brazil aren't what they used to be. Greece and Serbia have some nice players, but not enough to really contend with us. I think France is probably the biggest threat and, like dmbrhs said, we've pretty much owned them.

Even if all the biggest names drop out, we should be fine. Send Kyrie, Klay, PG13, Boogie, Faried, Draymond, Kiwi, Jimmy Butler and we'll cruise to gold.

Damm forgot about RUSS.....HE WILL BEAST IN RIO if he goes :smokin

USA is a juggernaut. The FIBA squad stomped the other international teams the last couple tournaments. When you fill out your roster with Chauncey Billups and Lamar Odom past their prime or Faried, Plumlee, and Rudy Gay, you know that USA can still win it all without the A-listers.

Canada isn't even in it yet. They screwed themselves by not making the FIBA Americas final. All they had to do was make the final. They didn't even have to win the damn thing. Now, they have to earn a spot through a play-in tournament where they'll have to get past Turkey and France to qualify.

Canada isn't even in it yet. They screwed themselves by not making the FIBA Americas final. All they had to do was make the final. They didn't even have to win the damn thing. Now, they have to earn a spot through a play-in tournament where they'll have to get past Turkey and France to qualify.
I remember osh sayin he doubted Canada would get through too could be mistaken

I watched Canada in the Americas they looked very poorly coached. Wiggins needs to be pushed hard or else he fades away on offense. Cory Joseph of all people thought he was iverson at times

Olympic Melo is a beast. Think about that for a second. USA basketball is essentially a joke and this is when he shines
laugh.gif

Melo sucks
It's cool, you don't watch the Olympics and USA basketball.

Just say that.

703 is a certified Melo hater. Don't know why, but whatever. :lol:

Melo isn't officially out yet btw:

“That's at the top of the sport, of any sport. I think if you have the opportunity to do it, and enjoy it, and take advantage of it, I think you should do it. [The Olympics are] the throne for sports as a whole,” Anthony told The Vertical. “I'm going to take a little more time to think about it. I'm not in a rush. NBA season is still going on, so I'm going to see how I feel physically. Am I ready to take on – I don't want to say burden, but – that load? If I'm ready, I'll do it. If not, my body won't lie to me.”

:lol: yea I gotta chill out. Most of the time it's unwarranted too.

Also, probably shouldn't have said its a joke. We just seem to run every over except in 04 (I think) when we got our *** handed to us.

^^^^ representing your country is the pinnacle in sports. Ask any Athlete what would would they take? A gold medal or a championship in their respective sport, and 9 out 10 would say a gold medal.

Debatable. I feel like Barkley, Chuck, Stockton would pick a championship, but IDK

Edit: I meant Mailman lol

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that applies to basketball :lol:

Baseball too probably, at least for Americans. I doubt many American baseball players would say they'd take an Olympic gold medal over a World Series win. The baseball players from small countries might feel differently.

I'd guess its more of a toss-up with hockey players as been Olympic gold and the Stanley Cup, but I don't really follow hockey so that's purely speculative on my part.

Tickets are still available for the showcases. Just picked up tickets for Staples on the 24th of Jul.

Wow I'm down for these ticket prices

Hoping for some good participation but I have a feeling guys are gonna stay at home and we gonna send our b or c team

Whats good ....who rolling to Brazil for the Olympics trying to get a head count so we can all link up and turn up in August!

Back
Top Bottom