US Health Care

the whole system is corrupt & corny

but

it will continue to go on in this country ..shouts to places like canada with the free healthcare system

At this point you can't just tear things down and build it. The system is too big and important to the economy (it does provide a lot of good middle class jobs) to go do that. And even then you're gonna have to debate/decide what comes next because many countries have better healthcare systems but not all do it the same.

There are great ideas out there for making the system much better. It is just that half the folk in government don't even want to try to make things better. In fact many want to make it worst.

I know there's no way of tearing it down. Was just speaking on what I feel should happen

As far as making the system better, I just don't see it being possible to benefit the masses. It seems like change only comes when they can no longer suppress it. Like with Marijuana being legal. It's taken overwhelming support for it to get to the point to where it's at now and it's still now fully legal. Until the overwhelming support for universal healthcare is a reality, all I see is a bunch of patches and alterations of how things are currently done. Essentially not much being done at all.

I know there's no way of tearing it down. Was just speaking on what I feel should happen

As far as making the system better, I just don't see it being possible to benefit the masses. It seems like change only comes when they can no longer suppress it. Like with Marijuana being legal. It's taken overwhelming support for it to get to the point to where it's at now and it's still now fully legal. Until the overwhelming support for universal healthcare is a reality, all I see is a bunch of patches and alterations of how things are currently done. Essentially not much being done at all.
There is overwhelming support for universal coverage. The Republicans literally have to lie about their position on healthcare during election time to avoid backlash. The Medicaid expansion and pre-existing condition protections are extremely popular.

The ACA was a big change. And there were things like the public option, 55-year-old buy-in for Medicare, and bigger subsidies that got removed during the debate.

We aren't not getting socialized medicine or even everyone on single payer, but there is a wide range of support for major fixes that will help the masses.

Support from citizens is there to improve the system. The problem is that too many people prioritize other issues like immigration, and guns at the ballot box. You got folk outchea voting for dudes that want to take their healthcare away because they are scared of black folk, Muslims, transgender people and Mexicans. And a party that is committed to keeping these folk scared enough that they will never truly demand better even though they want it.

Was just having a conversation with my family about this...I was saying that back when we were growing up, a lot of these allergies weren't nearly as prevalent. Nuts, gluten, etc. Now, it's the norm. Makes you think about what's going into the foods we eat, amongst other things. What changed? Insurance/health care don't want to see healthy people. They need you sick to keep their industry afloat. Preying on folks with price gouging when marking up the price of things that are essential like epi-pens and other medications. It's crazy stuff if you really think about it...

There is overwhelming support for universal coverage. The Republicans literally have to lie about their position on healthcare during election time to avoid backlash. The Medicaid expansion and pre-existing condition protections are extremely popular.

The ACA was a big change. And there were things like the public option, 55-year-old buy-in for Medicare, and bigger subsidies that got removed during the debate.

We aren't not getting socialized medicine or even everyone on single payer, but there is a wide range of support for major fixes that will help the masses.

Support from citizens is there to improve the system. The problem is that too many people prioritize other issues like immigration, and guns at the ballot box. You got folk outchea voting for dudes that want to take their healthcare away because they are scared of black folk, Muslims, transgender people and Mexicans. And a party that is committed to keeping these folk scared enough that they will never truly demand better even though they want it.

No doubt folks support it but how it will be funded is ultimately what rile people up. Even for the ACA, I read all the time on how people complain about their premiums going up. So while there is support for universal health Care , the support is for the idea. The implementation is what people bicker over and refuse to come together for.

And scare tactics will forever be a tool used on their behalf. Its amazing on how it still works. The same issues and talking points but it works.

Again, we need to not think of the the insurance industry and healthcare industry and one singular unit. Besides a few excepts they are different entities that look to maximize profits in different ways

I believe about 5% of the population accounts for like 50% of healthcare spending. Between old people, super users, and folk that have issues but don't go to the doctor that much because it is too expensive, there is enough to keep the healthcare industry supplied with patients.

Secondly, health insurance companies don't want sick people, it hurts their margins. That is like saying Geico wants car accidents. What they want is actually health people, who hardly get medical care, paying premiums.

The healthcare industry mainly manipulates cost on the supply side, not the demand side. So they buy up private practices to consolidate market power and put up barriers to entry for competition.

Last edited:
There is no “health care” in America. It’s all a for profit enterprise. The only real backlash is on pain pills but that hasn’t stopped anything

Health is a pay to play deal in the US

Was just having a conversation with my family about this...I was saying that back when we were growing up, a lot of these allergies weren't nearly as prevalent. Nuts, gluten, etc. Now, it's the norm. Makes you think about what's going into the foods we eat, amongst other things. What changed?

Exactly.. and what changed over the years? Overpopulation!

More humans = more pollution, more hunger causing malnutrition, more mass produced foods such as GMOs, and factory made livestock/poultry, then you add the filthy living conditions, more homeless and poor communities. Add all that and humans are becoming more sick, and more infectious diseases spreading among us. Obviously health care can't keep up with the population growth especially here in the US. I mean it's just a matter of time before we build camps/communities to keep the sick away from the healthy.

Was just having a conversation with my family about this...I was saying that back when we were growing up, a lot of these allergies weren't nearly as prevalent. Nuts, gluten, etc. Now, it's the norm. Makes you think about what's going into the foods we eat, amongst other things. What changed? Insurance/health care don't want to see healthy people. They need you sick to keep their industry afloat. Preying on folks with price gouging when marking up the price of things that are essential like epi-pens and other medications. It's crazy stuff if you really think about it...
In all fairness, if you're healthy you really don't need to be seen other than regular check-ups.

As far as the allergies/sensitivities go, it's more about increased awareness than an actual new onset. There's also a huge debate about the legitimacy of a lot of these "intolerances" (gluten, in particular). Celiac's is an actual condition, but a lot of people are really just milking their intolerances (sometimes perceived) as an actual medical condition.

Same can be said about Autism. It's not that rates are increasing because of some change in our diet/environment/what we put into our system, it's more that the "weird kid in class" of yesteryear is now being diagnosed/classified.

I won't even speak on insurance/payment issues because we're still ****** in that realm. I'll just say that a lot of our society's health issues are self-inflicted and an inevitable outcome of our culture.

You'll find no disagreement here that there needs to be more emphasis on primary (preventative) care. I just understand that a lot of that is left up to free will. You can educate until you're blue in the face, but at the end of the day a huge chunk of Americans simply don't want to change or put the work in to better themselves, and our culture is partially to blame for that. It's hard to focus on your wellbeing when you're over-worked, underpaid, and you see the cost of living rising while your wages stagnate.

I would assume they're more prevalent because we have better means of identifying these things as well as an increase in population.

Exactly.. and what changed over the years? Overpopulation!

More humans = more pollution, more hunger causing malnutrition, more mass produced foods such as GMOs, and factory made livestock/poultry, then you add the filthy living conditions, more homeless and poor communities. Add all that and humans are becoming more sick, and more infectious diseases spreading among us. Obviously health care can't keep up with the population growth especially here in the US. I mean it's just a matter of time before we build camps/communities to keep the sick away from the healthy.
The general consensus points to the fact that GMOs are safe for human consumption and have actually helped saved millions (if not billions) of lives.

If you believe in climate change, evolution, and the efficacy of vaccines because of overwhelming consensus among scientists, you can't start cherry-picking here because it doesn't adhere to your deeply held beliefs.

many countries have better healthcare systems but not all do it the same
What those countries do have in common is the guiding principle of their systems: taking care of people before drug manufacturers, insurance companies, and hospital conglomerates.

As long as that principle is not incorporated In whatever system the US chooses to adopt, whatever we end up with will always be corrupted to serve the few at the expense of the many.

It's a plan for all poor people to die over time. Especially minorities. They can deal with the LeBrons and will Smiths though.

Boosie said he was signing up for his first chemo treatment and they said they'd see him in 6 months. He told them that he had 90k cash, they told him they'r see him in 6 days.

America's has made money God. Period.

It's a plan for all poor people to die over time. Especially minorities. They can deal with the LeBrons and will Smiths though.

Boosie said he was signing up for his first chemo treatment and they said they'd see him in 6 months. He told them that he had 90k cash, they told him they'r see him in 6 days.

America's has made money God. Period.

Money talks. It's probably better to go overseas for health services. I watched some documentary where some folks did exactly that and paid a big fraction of what it would've cost here.

Back
Top Bottom