Urban outfitters in trouble?

2o6

http://imakeshinythings.t...rban-outfitters-not-cool

My heart sank a little bit. The World/United States of Love line that I created is one of the reasons that I was able to quit my full-time job. They even stole the item name as well as some of my copy.

I’m very disappointed in Urban Outfitters. I know they have stolen designs from plenty of other artists. I understand that they are a business, but it’s not cool to completely rip off an independent designer’s work.

I’ll no longer be shopping at any of their stores [they also own Free People & Anthropologie], and I’m going to do my best from here on out to support independent designers & artists.

Please feel free to pass this link on. I really appreciate all the support & love I’ve received today.

xo,
Stevie

tumblr_lls8mxGIlU1qzy7vt.jpg

http://imakeshinythings.t...rban-outfitters-not-cool

My heart sank a little bit. The World/United States of Love line that I created is one of the reasons that I was able to quit my full-time job. They even stole the item name as well as some of my copy.

I’m very disappointed in Urban Outfitters. I know they have stolen designs from plenty of other artists. I understand that they are a business, but it’s not cool to completely rip off an independent designer’s work.

I’ll no longer be shopping at any of their stores [they also own Free People & Anthropologie], and I’m going to do my best from here on out to support independent designers & artists.

Please feel free to pass this link on. I really appreciate all the support & love I’ve received today.

xo,
Stevie

tumblr_lls8mxGIlU1qzy7vt.jpg

Way overpriced!!! And besides, most of the apparel you find that is considered to be "vintage" can be found at the thrift store for a fraction of uo's price and it actually is vintage.  
eyes.gif

Way overpriced!!! And besides, most of the apparel you find that is considered to be "vintage" can be found at the thrift store for a fraction of uo's price and it actually is vintage.  
eyes.gif

UO always comes through when I go there. But then again, almost all of my purchases from them are another brand and not theirs.

UO always comes through when I go there. But then again, almost all of my purchases from them are another brand and not theirs.

This is terrible, obviously chain stores do this all of the time with big designers but when they do it with independent designers it's just sad.
That could squash any chance the designer has at making it
30t6p3b.gif

That's someone's livelihood, come the *&%@ on.

This is terrible, obviously chain stores do this all of the time with big designers but when they do it with independent designers it's just sad.
That could squash any chance the designer has at making it
30t6p3b.gif

That's someone's livelihood, come the *&%@ on.

decent stuff but waaaaay too many ppl shop there and they are like mirror images walking around the city looking like UO models

sickens me

Back
Top Bottom