Tyrone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Tyrone
indifferent.gif

so when it involves a black girl instead of a white girl do people say
chase is smashing her

Ms Badu should be making residuals cause of how often that's been used as of late.

And like son said up top, I'm sure most people dont know that was her song.

As already mentioned, "Tyrone" is synonymous with a certain "negative" kind of "black guy."

This, in conjunction with the fact that the name is brought up almost exclusively in matters concerning, supposedly, unfaithful white-women, acts to reinforce certain long-standing stereotypes about black men.

Superficially, it's all jokes; but look deeper and you'll see that "Tyrone" , meme or otherwise, is just another way through which racism is perpetuated.

Last edited:
Y'all took it way further than ops question. The usual though, just like damb. Someone said it and it just took off.

If a white person said his name was tyrone that would be like the world record for fastest broken ice.

I thought everyone at least knew the name Tyrone came from the Erykah song. I just saw someone use the Tyrone joke and add in a line from the song but yeah Tyrone was also a generic name for any black man out there.
It's a stereotypical name for a black guy

I find it offensive to be honest

Just like when people refer to white girls as beckys, indians as habibis, hispanic men as papis etc

Lol at Indians as habibis. Thats not even Indian, it's Arab
And papis isn't a name for hispanic men, it's literally what some females call them. Outside of that no one calls hispanic men that. It's a running joke from that one hispanic dude on cops calling the officer papi over and over again. So if that's offensive blame the hispanic dude who got caught on cops.

Wow some of yall NTers don't even know where these running gags are even originating from and forcing it to claim it's offensive.

Last edited:
Oh and as far as I'm concerned Tyrone is smashing more than just unfaithful white women. Yall need to get with the times.

it's basically the male equivalent of the stereotypical use of "Shaniqua"

it's corny, and has been run into the ground on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom