True or False: Derek Jeter can catch Pete Rose....

I say true. (I'm also a Yankees fan)

What do you think NT Sports?

Pete Rose 4,256
Derek Jeter 2,873

Derek is 36 years old.

I hope he does, but realistically he would have to play until he's at the least 42 and I don't see him wanting to play that long.

Originally Posted by RoOk

Tralse.

laugh.gif

Jeter's career as a whole will still outshine Rose having 4,000+ hits.

^ i understand that. IMO it goes w/o saying.

However, the numbers are there. If he plays he needs 1,300 more hits.

If he maintains at least a .300 he can do it. He's a career .315 hitter folks. I think it could happen.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I hope he does, but realistically he would have to play until he's at the least 42 and I don't see him wanting to play that long.

How many years left do you think he has? He'd be lucky to reach 3,500+ let alone 4k.

He's 36 now, and still needs 1383 hits. He's been playing since '95. 2873/15 (the years he's been playing) averages about 191.33 a year (still needs the rest of this season). If he keeps hitting like that he'll still need about 7 more seasons, he'll be 43 when he reaches that mark.

False

Not even close..... He ends up with 3600 if he's lucky...(And I'm a Yankee fan..His contract is up soon and he needs to play 6-7 years of 200 hit baseball.. No way Yankees keep him around that long as a starter.. He is also starting to decline in hitting..)

It looks like no one currently in the Major leagues will even threaten it.. If Ichiro came in at age 20-21 he would definitely pass it...

It's an almost impossible record to break... You have to come into the majors between 18-20 years old and hit an average of 202.7 hits for 21 seasons straight...

Back
Top Bottom