Trip to LA, but friends in Torrance. Should I book in LA? Please advise.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

We're gonna be hammered more often than not, and won't be driving, so we wanna keep spots around the same area.

Can a cab or rail hurt our wallet too much if we hang around santa monica, hollywood, downtown, k-town, wilshire?

We're just trying to find some interesting things to do. For the most part, I just wanna booze, eat, and relax.
short answer.

YES.

i dont take cabs much myself...  usually only if i am drinking locally and am gonna get too s-faced to drive home.  my usual cab trip consists of me going from the bars down in Washington Square/Venice Beach area back to my house (which is about a 3-4 mile drive).  With tip its easily a $15-20 fare and maybe a 10 minute drive.

regarding your questions about weed dispensaries, I dont know the legality of it if you are an out of state resident.  Since I was born and raised in CA, it never crossed my mind to find out whether out of towners can get weed rec's or not.  You might be able to find that info on google.  Or if you are in the area, maybe we can go grab a beer at a bar that happens to be next to the dispensary that I go to.  You buy the beer.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

We're gonna be hammered more often than not, and won't be driving, so we wanna keep spots around the same area.

Can a cab or rail hurt our wallet too much if we hang around santa monica, hollywood, downtown, k-town, wilshire?

We're just trying to find some interesting things to do. For the most part, I just wanna booze, eat, and relax.
short answer.

YES.

i dont take cabs much myself...  usually only if i am drinking locally and am gonna get too s-faced to drive home.  my usual cab trip consists of me going from the bars down in Washington Square/Venice Beach area back to my house (which is about a 3-4 mile drive).  With tip its easily a $15-20 fare and maybe a 10 minute drive.

regarding your questions about weed dispensaries, I dont know the legality of it if you are an out of state resident.  Since I was born and raised in CA, it never crossed my mind to find out whether out of towners can get weed rec's or not.  You might be able to find that info on google.  Or if you are in the area, maybe we can go grab a beer at a bar that happens to be next to the dispensary that I go to.  You buy the beer.

HAHAHAHA..
If you are serious, let me know.  Yeah, i figured I'll be buzzed for most of the trip, HAHA.. 
What area are you at?  We can come by your area so it's easier for u.  

If you're looking to go out every night, I would book in LA. If you're there to hang with your homie, book in Torrance. There are some nice bars in hermosa. If you're trying to sightsee, then decide. You will need to drive, there is the metro, but that's only good for LA.Have you discussed anything with your homie?

im in the boringest part of town (just the way i like it, cause i am old and boring)

playa vista which is right near marina del rey.

^ hahahaha how you gonna go from microbrew to 40's?

if youre talkin bout a regular 40 like a Mickeys, OE, or King Cobra, or something like that, most any liquor store will carry them.

if you are into beer there are countless bars and restaurants all over LA that have pretty legit selections of beer on tap. Just let me know where you will be an I will try to point you in the right direction.

theres this sportsbar right by house in Marina Del Rey that has a decent selection on tap including Dogfishhead 90min IPA and its not that expensive (I think its like $10 for a 22oz mug). Word to the wise, do NOT attempt to drink 4 of these within the span of 1 NFL game on an empty stomach, and then yell out in a drunken stupor in front of all of your wife's coworkers that you're going to punch your wife in the face because youre so upset that your team lost.

not that i know from experience or anything.

WE HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE RIGHT? HAHAHAHA

as for the dispensaries. u need a medical card for that homie.

its kinda far away, i used to live right next to torrance.

(the freeways bruh, smh..that traffic)

im in the boringest part of town (just the way i like it, cause i am old and boring)

if u can help w/ dispense. i can. either way i still can..
booked in march. now just working on the hotel. -.-

would a 5 star hotel be worth the money?

pm me before you head out here.

regarding the hotel situation, 5 star is not worth it unless your money is long.  why burn that kinda cash for a room if its going to leave you broke to do activities?

Originally Posted by KanyeWestJayZ4life

Planning on flying out to Cali to visit my friend in Santa Clara. Any ideas on what to do? He's a law school student, and hes very knowledgeable about the area and how to show me a good time, but i just want to get some ideas before I get there to kind of excite me. Short trip(only going to be there two to three days) so I want to cram some greatness in. Bar thing one day maybe hiking same day or another day, and some other stuff.

Not trying to thread jack, but im also not trying to start a new thread.
Santa Clara/San Jose (I put a / because the two cities are right next to each other and even within each other. People from that area will know what I mean ), and all the cities you're gonna be around are basically the suburbs of SF. They're nice places to live but a little boring in terms of nightlife. And since you have to drive everywhere (public transportation sucks in the South Bay) it's hard to get the motivation to go clubbing and @#$% when you know you have to drive back. However, there are good spots nearby in Santana Row,SJ. Its like a more expensive version of downtown, but the women
30t6p3b.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
So many fine Persian girls and white girls. Rosie Mcann's is the best bar/club there, but just getting dinner there is fun too. Check out Thea; it's a Mediterranean  Restaurant with hookah and a bar. It's expensive, but like I said, I always see fine Greek/Persian/Indian girls there so it's worth it sort of
laugh.gif

There are beaches in the Bay Area, but the most fun you'll have at a beach is in Santa Cruz (25-30 min drive from Santa Clara).

If you want to go Hiking, there's Mission Peak in Fremont (15 minute drive). Gotta warn you though, Fremont is boring as @#$%
laugh.gif

Go to SF since you're already close. Drive up to Millbrae, park for free, buy a $10 Bart Pass and hit up the Union Square area in SF.

pm me before you head out here.

regarding the hotel situation, 5 star is not worth it unless your money is long.  why burn that kinda cash for a room if its going to leave you broke to do activities?

I understand, but had thought, higher end hotels to be more safe, and have more things in the vicinity.  I udnerstand what you mean though.

I'll definitely PM you.and retell me the story of your friend gorilla hugging, and getting slapped but not retaliating. i bet the story is gonna be fun when blazed. loolz

What area would be more centralized? Santa Monica?

There's been a change of plan. Basically beginning of trip, we wanna be somewhere centralized, then head to Hollywood side.

There's been a change of plan. Basically beginning of trip, we wanna be somewhere centralized, then head to Hollywood side.

look at a map of LA
centralized would be maybe Mid-Wilshire..... everything is pretty spread from Downtown LA/Staples Center. (within 20 miles radius)

you could get a bus pass but its best to rent a car or something. 

Originally Posted by MrBrown

look at a map of LA
centralized would be maybe Mid-Wilshire..... everything is pretty spread from Downtown LA/Staples Center. (within 20 miles radius)

you could get a bus pass but its best to rent a car or something. 

Sorry to confuse.

I had planned to get hotels in 2 spots, maybe in Santa Monica, then moved into Hollywood side.  So I guess my question is, what other spot would be good, seeing as I'll end up in Hollywood/Downtown LA afterwards?  The LA/Downtown one is set for, but we might not go to torrance first, which is why I'm wondering about other places.

I guess Santa Monica is ok cause its on the West near the beach. So you can check out all the offerings of Venice, Malibu, Culver City... Drive through Laurel Canyon into the Valley then drive back into LA through Hollywood so you can get a feel of how the city is set up. Driving from the valley through Ventura on the street is always chill and you end up in Hollywood Highland.

If you have enough loot for it then a Hotel near Santa Monica then move to Hollywood would be ok but the drive is not that bad. Traffic is known to be horrible in LA but thats during rush hour from 3pm-7:45pm after that traffic flow is good. I would stick to Santa Monica Hotel and the LA Downtown hotel because your gonna have to drive anyway. But those two spots give you a sweet spot from east to west of LA.

the main attractions seem spread out but LA is continuous so just driving you would bump into different little spots like Fairfax then theres Korea Town, China Town, Little Ethiopia, Mid-City (semi ghetto) East LA and different districts. If you like historical landmarks then you might have a field day just driving..... but if you wanna party/club stick to Hollywood area.

Watch movies like Collateral and Heat to check out some city views lol.

if your moving west to east.... anything worth seeing is 36 miles or less from the beach.

Thanks for your post.. If you have any other suggestion in terms of what you'd suggest I do, please post. Or PM me.

I can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom