Trip to LA, but friends in Torrance. Should I book in LA? Please advise.

lol first time a tourist came to la to check out ktown unless ur korean too. feel free to pm me if u want korean restaurants , etc but torrance isnt too far. i got friends in torrance that come out to ktown to drink, chill all the time. save money and crash at ur friends, and spend that $ on parking fees. No matter where u stay in la, ull be driving around anyways.

Originally Posted by ArmenExchange

lol first time a tourist came to la to check out ktown unless ur korean too. feel free to pm me if u want korean restaurants , etc but torrance isnt too far. i got friends in torrance that come out to ktown to drink, chill all the time. save money and crash at ur friends, and spend that $ on parking fees. No matter where u stay in la, ull be driving around anyways.
dude hit the nail on the head.

in all honestly, if you want a place that is remotely walkable in terms of bars/restaurants/shops, i would recommend you stay in Santa Monica, and get something close to the beach.  Depending on what your money situation is like, there are some really nice hotels in the area with walkable access (Viceroy, Shangri-la, Shutters, etc...) but be prepared to drop bucks.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

what about public transportation? LOL

Don't even think about it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

laugh.gif

roll.gif

damn i was born and raised in socal, been here all 31+ years of my life, and i have no idea how our public transportation system works.  i took the bus for the first (and only) time like 3 yrs ago, and i did it more for the novelty of it than out of necessity.

lol mojo-im the same way. i rode the bus once from santa monica to la just to see what it was like. op if ur from sf or ny, we aren't like your subways or bart to say the least.

op pmed me, so i suggested booking if he wanted to check that scene out, definitely an experience. those spots are getting shut down and reopening over and over with different names all the time.

ps. op check out mondrian skybar if u want to experience that boughie hollywood feel-dope view, fancy, and stupid priced drinks!

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

laugh.gif

roll.gif

damn i was born and raised in socal, been here all 31+ years of my life, and i have no idea how our public transportation system works.  i took the bus for the first (and only) time like 3 yrs ago, and i did it more for the novelty of it than out of necessity.

LOL I just wanna be w/ yuhjahs, but only good ones..  

We'll only have our ride at the beginning of the trip, the latter part is where we need some planning..

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Originally Posted by SupremeP21

I wouldn't book in Downtown LA, it's definitely not the same as other major cities' downtowns.
THIS.

Downtown LA is as boring as bat****. There are no bars, no nightclubs, no shopping centers / malls, anything of that sort. It's mainly a massive business district and on the weekend, because all of the businesses are closed, it's like a ghost town around there. Not a human being in sight.

I don't know how much this has changed now that there is all that junk at Staples with the LA Live stuff, but Downtown LA is definitely one of the most boring places I've ever been. I stayed at the Grand on Wilshire Blvd on my first trip to the US, definitely was not what I was expecting
laugh.gif
I guess I am a bit confused, could you narrow down a location that makes most sense? Thanks.
lol 

downtown is cracking now.

bars and clubs.

and l.a. is not boring. you probably came here wth out knowing anybody. lol.

only bad thing about l.a. is that the bars/ clubs start closing at 2 am.

7-10 days is awhile. maybe move hotels?

u can always move to santa monica and stay there if you dont have a car to get around.

u can always move to santa monica and stay there if you dont have a car to get around.

Your the guy that emailed me about gorilla hug in korea. LOLZ

We'll have a ride for the first few days, the ending part is where we'll end up at a hotel somewhere.  The hotel part is what I'm working on.

Also, wher can I buy some 40 oz malt liquor.

We'll have a ride for the first few days, the ending part is where we'll end up at a hotel somewhere.  The hotel part is what I'm working on.

food 4 less has an awesome collection of 40's

the got king cobra, mickey's, mad dog, colt 45, steel reserve, olde e

^ hahahaha how you gonna go from microbrew to 40's?

if youre talkin bout a regular 40 like a Mickeys, OE, or King Cobra, or something like that, most any liquor store will carry them.

if you are into beer there are countless bars and restaurants all over LA that have pretty legit selections of beer on tap. Just let me know where you will be an I will try to point you in the right direction.

theres this sportsbar right by house in Marina Del Rey that has a decent selection on tap including Dogfishhead 90min IPA and its not that expensive (I think its like $10 for a 22oz mug). Word to the wise, do NOT attempt to drink 4 of these within the span of 1 NFL game on an empty stomach, and then yell out in a drunken stupor in front of all of your wife's coworkers that you're going to punch your wife in the face because youre so upset that your team lost.

not that i know from experience or anything.

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

food 4 less has an awesome collection of 40's

the got king cobra, mickey's, mad dog, colt 45, steel reserve, olde e

Could ya be more specific? I wanna try crazy horse, shultz.

^ hahahaha how you gonna go from microbrew to 40's?

if youre talkin bout a regular 40 like a Mickeys, OE, or King Cobra, or something like that, most any liquor store will carry them.

if you are into beer there are countless bars and restaurants all over LA that have pretty legit selections of beer on tap. Just let me know where you will be an I will try to point you in the right direction.

theres this sportsbar right by house in Marina Del Rey that has a decent selection on tap including Dogfishhead 90min IPA and its not that expensive (I think its like $10 for a 22oz mug). Word to the wise, do NOT attempt to drink 4 of these within the span of 1 NFL game on an empty stomach, and then yell out in a drunken stupor in front of all of your wife's coworkers that you're going to punch your wife in the face because youre so upset that your team lost.

not that i know from experience or anything.

I'm pressing on where to lock down the hotel.  The 2nd part of the trip in LA is more like a cruise thing, and relax.  I haven't figured it out.  I just wanna be around ELITE ASIAN WOMEN, not bad n skanky kinds. LOLz.  I'm a big fan of 40 oz and beer, I wanted to try rare shet.

The only public transportation that I recommend is the Metro Rail. It's really easy to use and could get you to Downtown LA, Hollywood, and Pasadena. PM me if you're in Pasadena since I live there.

Would like to know some 'good' and legit' ramen shop.. Doesn't need to be rowdy or hyped.

Italian spots too.

Would like to know some 'good' and legit' ramen shop.. Doesn't need to be rowdy or hyped.

Italian spots too.

Orochon in little Tokyo/downtown LA

if youre in torrance theres a few ramen shops there too...cant remember which ones but your homies should know

THIS.

Downtown LA is as boring as bat****. There are no bars, no nightclubs, no shopping centers / malls, anything of that sort. It's mainly a massive business district and on the weekend, because all of the businesses are closed, it's like a ghost town around there. Not a human being in sight.

I don't know how much this has changed now that there is all that junk at Staples with the LA Live stuff, but Downtown LA is definitely one of the most boring places I've ever been. I stayed at the Grand on Wilshire Blvd on my first trip to the US, definitely was not what I was expecting
laugh.gif

I guess I am a bit confused, could you narrow down a location that makes most sense? Thanks.
I'm not from there, so I'm honestly not too sure.

If you want nightclubs, bars, shopping stuff like that, you'd be best to stay around the Sunset/Hollywood/Beverly Hills areas. Try posting in the regional forums as well. You usually get a better response in them.

This dude has no idea what he is talking about
there is a ton of things to do in Downtown LA. There are a lot of bars and cafes opening up in every corner now. Some art exhibits here and there and a bunch of fly chicks walking around. There is the art walk which is basically a bunch of chicks walking around drunk and @%%%....fun. There are also good spots to eat like Philippes and all those old school sandwhich joints. There is a lot of unique spots but it really depends what your into. If you want clubs then I would suggest going to Hollywood. Everything is pretty spread out though because there is not one single place where you can find everything. Cheap weed in downtown too from dispensaries. Its really poppin now and days.... cant wait til summer

You can even stay in Torrance and just drive to wherever you want to go. Its really not that far from all the spot.

again this dudeMitchellicious  has no idea.. and honestly sounds like a square. LA 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Planning on flying out to Cali to visit my friend in Santa Clara. Any ideas on what to do? He's a law school student, and hes very knowledgeable about the area and how to show me a good time, but i just want to get some ideas before I get there to kind of excite me. Short trip(only going to be there two to three days) so I want to cram some greatness in. Bar thing one day maybe hiking same day or another day, and some other stuff.

Not trying to thread jack, but im also not trying to start a new thread.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Italian spots too.

Orochon in little Tokyo/downtown LA
There's also Ramen Jinya on Wilshire and La Brea. It's pretty new and good, but gets packed quickly. 

Originally Posted by MrBrown

I'm not from there, so I'm honestly not too sure.

If you want nightclubs, bars, shopping stuff like that, you'd be best to stay around the Sunset/Hollywood/Beverly Hills areas. Try posting in the regional forums as well. You usually get a better response in them.

This dude has no idea what he is talking about
there is a ton of things to do in Downtown LA. There are a lot of bars and cafes opening up in every corner now. Some art exhibits here and there and a bunch of fly chicks walking around. There is the art walk which is basically a bunch of chicks walking around drunk and @%%%....fun. There are also good spots to eat like Philippes and all those old school sandwhich joints. There is a lot of unique spots but it really depends what your into. If you want clubs then I would suggest going to Hollywood. Everything is pretty spread out though because there is not one single place where you can find everything. Cheap weed in downtown too from dispensaries. Its really poppin now and days.... cant wait til summer

You can even stay in Torrance and just drive to wherever you want to go. Its really not that far from all the spot.

again this dudeMitchellicious  has no idea.. and honestly sounds like a square. LA 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
So I should book a hotel between hollywood and downtown LA?

Weed in dispensaries? are u serious? where?

We're gonna be hammered more often than not, and won't be driving, so we wanna keep spots around the same area.

Can a cab or rail hurt our wallet too much if we hang around santa monica, hollywood, downtown, k-town, wilshire?

We're just trying to find some interesting things to do. For the most part, I just wanna booze, eat, and relax.

Back
Top Bottom