Trillest Coaches In Sports

Originally Posted by AG 47

I'm still trying to figure out how Castro gets brought up in an interview about baseball...feels almost like a setup.

When you know you're interviewing a guy like Ozzie that will give you a juicy quote it's not surprising at all.

Regarding Guillen's comments about Castro, it's not a serious issue for Americans. It's a problem for Cuban-Americans. How do I know this? He said the same thing in 2008. No one in Chicago ,and thus nationally, cared. And if someone wants to tell Cubans how to feel about their country, go right ahead. But isn't that why some in here are villianizing Amercia?
http://www.suntimes.com/s...-in-chicago-in-2008.html

Originally Posted by Nako XL

^ Castro has had thousands of people shot because they disagree with his politics. Who cares what the U.S.'s stance on communism is.

He killed people simply because they disagreed. Castro went in and seized land. He forced wealthy and middle class business people, landowners, and merchants into poverty to level the playing field. Therefore a whole population of people think he is bad. Cuban expatriates don't need the U.S. to convince them of that.

Your opinion on whose fault it may be that things got as bad as they currently are doesn't matter. If you want to really get into arguing it the embargoes are a result of the executions and land seizures. They came AFTER the fact. You can argue in circles over whether the U.S.'s foreign policy in the early 20th century forced Castro and Che into taking the measures they did in the first place, therefore leading to embargoes and etc.

but how does ANY of that change the fact that as an end result millions of people think the man is a horrible human being and as such a public figure in their community should have been more considerate and careful in choosing his words? Guillen was wrong. I don't understand what you're arguing.
I'm not disagreeing with that...But I'm not a Cuban-American nor do I live in South Florida.  Was it dumb to say? Sure, it would be like David Wright being virulently anti-Israel in New York, prolly not the smartest move if you want to keep your job.
But as a fan that doesn't mean I can't respect Ozzie for speaking honestly cause there are millions of Latin Americans who view Castro as a hero.  He is apoligizing cause he wants to keep his job, not that he really has a change of heart about his feelings.  Businesses don't have to respect first ammendment rights but I can still respect Ozzie for keeping it "trill," cause in my opinion, he didn't say anything wrong.  It's not even like he praised Castro for being a great social figure, just for staying alive when people were gunning for him.

Back
Top Bottom