Travelling Somewhere You've Never Been Only To Be Disappointed

Any of you guys ever been excited to travel somewhere only to be really disappointed?

For me...

Rome

I thought this place would be awesome. A city full of beautiful architecture, art, food, etc. Instead, I find one of the dirtiest cities I've ever been inin all of my travels, terribly mediocre food, overpriced everything, and the architecture isn't even all that. There's garbage littering the streetseverywhere and graffiti indiscriminately scribbled over everything. Tell me how the Italian food I've had back home tastes better than the stuff out here?The Vatican was beautiful though.

Seoul

Cold, barren sprawl with no type of architectural beauty whatsoever. The place just looks/feels so damn depressing even with the neon signs. I don't reallyknow of a single reason to visit this place. Food was on point even though you'd be able to find most of the stuff here at your local KTown.

Post yours.

san francisco
smh.gif

France, Paris

It wasn't bad at all. Great Place, BBUUUUTTTT I feel a little disappointed with the eiffel tower. I feel like it should have been a bit bigger as stated inbooks and pictures. it was still kool in a sense just not as legit as the Cowboys Stadium

pakistan
the major cities are similar to the US but other parts of the country are absolutely disgusting
the filth, poverty etc. made my trip really annoying. Although some architecture and what not were
cool but the filth+backwards social norms+religion being shoved down my throat made me never
want to go back. If you have two earrings you are a homosexual? Really? I'll save my 1200 for a
trip to europe next time I have a vaca..

Originally Posted by JRThumper85

France, Paris

It wasn't bad at all. Great Place, BBUUUUTTTT I feel a little disappointed with the eiffel tower. I feel like it should have been a bit bigger as stated in books and pictures. it was still kool in a sense just not as legit as the Cowboys Stadium
Ironically, Paris was another city I went to during this trip (the other being Zurich) and I thought it was really great. It was my second timegoing (the first time being when I was 12) and I really enjoyed it this time around. The architecture of the city is absolutely beautiful, I found the peopleto be pretty laid back for such a big city, the touristy places were actually interesting to visit (Louvre, Eiffel Tower at night, Chateau de Versailles),amazing food, great shopping... it's become one of the few cities I could see myself living in if I got my financial situation right
laugh.gif

Rio de Janeiro

All the beautiful woman that you can't even touch with a 10 foot pole because of the HIV rate .. so damn depressing ... not to mention every woman you meetat the end of the night ask you for money .. smh

Originally Posted by Nash

berkeley
laugh.gif

One of my Cal friends, who happens to be from Malaysia, described it the best to me... She was fed all these tales of how great a university Cal is andeveryone seemed to think that Berkeley was some kind of a grand college town. Then she showed up and all she saw were homeless people everywhere she looked.Needless to say the beautiful college town she had pictured was quickly torn to shreds.
laugh.gif

Rome's alright, but it seemed more catered to tourists than any other part of Italy. The worst food I had on my trip there was definitely in Rome, but atpretty much every other city it was great.

Originally Posted by miamin2

Rome's alright, but it seemed more catered to tourists than any other part of Italy. The worst food I had on my trip there was definitely in Rome, but at pretty much every other city it was great.
I should have went to Milan or Florence...
smh.gif

I don't know why I wanted to see the Colosseum so badly. After forking over 12 euros to get in and walking around for 30 minutes... one of the mostunderwhelming tourist landmarks I've ever been to.

Boys Noize, you really enjoyed Paris that much? The people were real @#$ holes with helping us out with directions since we didn't know french, and itseemed like the ENTIRE CITY was covered in cigarette butts. Still, I really like the metro system and Champs de Elysees (forgive my spelling)

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

berkeley
laugh.gif

One of my Cal friends, who happens to be from Malaysia, described it the best to me... She was fed all these tales of how great a university Cal is and everyone seemed to think that Berkeley was some kind of a grand college town. Then she showed up and all she saw were homeless people everywhere she looked. Needless to say the beautiful college town she had pictured was quickly torn to shreds.
laugh.gif
I wasn't expecting a grand college town...I was expecting a town that didn't suck booty

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

berkeley
laugh.gif

One of my Cal friends, who happens to be from Malaysia, described it the best to me... She was fed all these tales of how great a university Cal is and everyone seemed to think that Berkeley was some kind of a grand college town. Then she showed up and all she saw were homeless people everywhere she looked. Needless to say the beautiful college town she had pictured was quickly torn to shreds.
laugh.gif

Been like that for years. I work down the street from Cal and it's filled with homeless bums
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom