Toys "R" Us Christmas catalog from 1996...

I kinda regret not owning a Nintendo 64.
how did you live!???!
eek.gif
I wanted a Nintendo 64 when it came out but when my birthday came around, I changed my mind and wanted a PlayStation instead.

I don't regret that decision.

I kinda regret not owning a Nintendo 64.

how did you live!???! :wow:

I wanted a Nintendo 64 when it came out but when my birthday came around, I changed my mind and wanted a PlayStation instead.

I don't regret that decision.

Eh

You didn't miss out on much, playstation had way more better games than n64.. I only played like 3 games on my n64, on my playstation I was buying so many games

N64 was def the better overall party system to play with friends and fam :smokin

PS was for more solo playing although they had some good games too that could be enjoyed with others

games are actually cheap today compared to before :x

I remember that cover :lol:

:wow: at those game prices. $69 for a game in 96?

Edit: Makes me appreciate how my dad without fail, always loaded me up with video games and etc. and no, we were not rich when I was growing up :wow: . Never realized video games were even that expensive back in those days. Just asinine that a Super Nintendo game went up to $70 :smh:

*Parent Appreciation Thread in Disguise :nerd:

Last edited:
I remember I got a n64 for Christmas that year and they were hard to come across initially.

I ended up getting suspended from school the week before Christmas break so I didn't get any games for the n64 until the week after I came back to school and didn't get in trouble that week then finally got Mario 64

I spent so much time in 97 playing Mario 64, Mario kart, star fox and goldeneye

64 was crack. Turok, killer instinct, goldeneye, wcw, blitz, Mario 64, cruisin USA, Snowboard game SFX, jetski game.....

Last edited:
:smokin thanks for posting this OP. took it all the way back. I remember having the 64 and getting that damn Kobe Bryant's courtside game . then our house got robbed and they took my 64 along with my boys Zelda 64 I borrowed. Worst day ever. Took the insurance money and copped a PS1.

Side note: anybody remember going to the video game section at super wal-mart and them havin the super NES setup where you could play the new game out? Bros when Mortal Kombat 2 came out there was a line of kids 10 deep to play that game. Lol.

N64 had the "party" games tho. Games were youd have a house full of people just passing the sticks for countless hours.
Goldeneye, WCW/NWO Revenge and No Mercy, Perfect Dark, Blitz, Mario Kart and lets not forget SUPER SMASH BROS.
Till this day we still hook up the 64 every once in a while and get it crackin

I remember my dad suprized me with a SNES for my birthday that i didnt even ask for. Was my first game console. BEST GIFT EVER

:lol: my family was telling me my Mortal Combat 1 game was too violent

ps1 was trash for multi games. I remember the ultimate struggle finding and AFFORDING a ******g multitap back in the day. 
mean.gif

You'd end up having to invite that one friend you didnt want to chill with just so you could play 4 player wwf smackdown

Last edited:
system link was where it was at with the ps1 wipeout XL using system link and negcon controllers

GOOD LORD:x :x :x :x :x :x

I remember that cover VIVIDLY

Mannnn I used to put OD work on my xmas list. Draft after draft after draft.

There was one year where Id grab extras catalogs and cut and paste/staple them next to the item on my wish list. MAN

Got the N64 2 years after it dropped I think so the games were like 40 at funcoland.

this dude said funcoland...its been many a yr since i've heard that...

$70 a video game in 96?:x

No wonder sega does not make consoles anymore.

IM SAYING THO! and im :smh: at the current $60 prices of games.

i wouldn't be surprised if the next gen xbox and playstation start at 400 or more. watch that ps4 resell at over a grand lol

1996 is my favorite year ever.

I circled half of this catalogue when it came out and left it on the mantle for Santa
pimp.gif

Those prices :smh:

I think games went on sale faster back then.

I remember going to KB Toys in the mall and buying games on sale
out of those big bins in the front of the store.

Vectorman :pimp:

Last edited:
I remember going to my homeboy house to play kobe bryant nba courtside, Mario kart and golden eye...he was the only person round my way that had an N64, everybody had the PlayStation or Sega...we used to try to call "first" or "all time first" so u wouldn't have to wait anytime it was a new game put in :lol:

And when my cuz got the CD burner n started burning games we went ham..go up blockbuster, rent that joint, copy n have a couple new games every month :pimp:

GOOD LORD:x :x :x :x :x :x

I remember that cover VIVIDLY

Mannnn I used to put OD work on my xmas list. Draft after draft after draft.

There was one year where Id grab extras catalogs and cut and paste/staple them next to the item on my wish list. MAN

Got the N64 2 years after it dropped I think so the games were like 40 at funcoland.

funcoland :pimp:

Funcoland was ill man, being able to try out the games before you bought it was definitely on point

Got playstation for Christmas, Mortal Kombat Triglogy and Madden 97 along with the demo disc did me justice.  My cousins had all the of the other systems(n64,sega ect), definitely spent a lot of time over their house.

Back
Top Bottom