Toys "R" Us Christmas catalog from 1996...

i didn't realize snes and genesis games reached that price point :wow:
and the cartridge adapter for the sega saturn is still kinda expensive now if you look lol
word. :nerd: and the same goes for the n64. didn't realize the games were 60 bucks. thats today's prices. guess I can't really complain then..

Dang, I'm only 21 and I feel so old
laugh.gif
.  WWF In Your House > any other game in the magazine
pimp.gif

thank you alan greenspan for making my childhood so awesome , but everyone coming after complete trash

60 dollars per game #whatrecession 

For some reason I remember n64 games costing $40.. Lol what do I know tho, my parents were the ones buying the games

Man, super mario 64 was so fun, and Mario kart..

Playstation 1 and n64 had great games

Didn't get the Playstation until my bday in '97 when I turned 5, or maybe 6th birthday, IDR.

I had Crash Bandicoot, Tekken and Need for Speed with the racing wheel.

Anybody remember the demo that came in the playstation box? I didn't find that ish until like 4 years later :lol:

I remember my cousin used to get jampacks that had like 5-6 demos of upcoming games for psx.

we played that twisted metal 2 until we broke the thing. game is :pimp:

used the gameshark to play as darktooth and damn near broke the console

if only that we knew about that buy 2 get 1 free scheme back then....

I remember that cover to this very day..wow Nintendo 64..I remember my sister was going thru her tom boy phase with wanting to play video games..my mom got her one for Christmas that year..:lol:

Like how cats in here are giving shout outs to there folks for spending money back in the day....

Cartridges have always been expensive. Tecmo Bowl was like $55 back in 1988. My parents use to say "The system isn't that bad, it's the games that get ya".

No doubt. I spent 80% of allowance and gift money I had from age 9 - 14 on video games. Had to cut that back for sneaks and gear in HS.

Last edited:
So games would be $102 today if prices stayed with inflation.

Man I can not even begin to think of how good kids today got it.

I love the time we live in :smokin Picking up brand new games for 30-40 dollars

For some reason I remember n64 games costing $40.. Lol what do I know tho, my parents were the ones buying the games
Man, super mario 64 was so fun, and Mario kart..
Playstation 1 and n64 had great games

if you talking about the one where you control a t rex yes!!! lol. i remember playing that thing forever due to not having a game :smh: :smokin

Back
Top Bottom