Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees Series Thread (6/3 - 6/5)

The decision to move Joba to starter makes NO SENSE!!!

At best, Joba will go 8-5. (I'm being generous.)

Meanwhile, he can be a setup man and and guarantee more wins for the team - much more!

Joba and Mo were the best 8-9 guys; to rid the combination is a MISTAKE!!!

It's all the W count.

TOTAL = 1.32 ERA, 47.2 IP... 28 H... 7 ER... 17 BB... 64 K
47 innings over 3-4 months isn't enough to judge him.

Good relievers dont always = good starters
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

The decision to move Joba to starter makes NO SENSE!!!

At best, Joba will go 8-5. (I'm being generous.)

Meanwhile, he can be a setup man and and guarantee more wins for the team - much more!

Joba and Mo were the best 8-9 guys; to rid the combination is a MISTAKE!!!

It's all the W count.

Okay.. we get it... you don't like the idea & you don't think Joba will be good as a starter.
Get over it fam, he's NOT leaving the SP role and there are MANY people who agree that he SHOULD BE a starter.

SP >>>>>> RP any day of the week
In the history of baseball SP > RP

Take yesterday for example.... our SP blew THREE leads and gave up 5 ER.... if our SP actually throws a good game, the bullpen isn't eventhe situation to blow it like Farnsworth did last night.
Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

TOTAL = 1.32 ERA, 47.2 IP... 28 H... 7 ER... 17 BB... 64 K
47 innings over 3-4 months isn't enough to judge him.

Good relievers dont always = good starters
wink.gif

It's the stuff that matters... his stuff is nasty.

Also he was a SP in the minors, not like he's always been a reliever.

I can't watch the game.
frown.gif

How's Joba looking thus far?

They should have just had Joba in the pen for another game, and stretch him out there. This outing was pretty pointless.

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

^ He's out of the game after 2 1/3 innings.

Damn, was his pitch count limit 40 or something?

That's a typical relief outing for Joba based on how we've been pitching him the last few days.

At least let him go 5 innings, this "start" seems pretty pointless to me.
ohwell.gif

Yankees are handling this pretty idiotic if you ask me.

I could only imagine how many games Joba will lose when he's out after 6 and the new 8th inning guy blows the lead.

Its just dumb to do this in the middle of the season, you make your decision at the start of the season and go from there.

Yea SP > RP any day of the week, but when you have something that is AS AUTOMATIC and GUARANTEED as Job in the 8th and Rivera in the 9th, why even changethat? Joba being a dominant starter is not a complete given.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

They should have just had Joba in the pen for another game, and stretch him out there. This outing was pretty pointless.

yep, or at least send him to the minors for a bit to stretch him out. too many walks will kill your team every time.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

yep, or at least send him to the minors for a bit to stretch him out. too many walks will kill your team every time.

Minors = no
And the 1st inning did NOT help his pitch count

EDIT: HEY OFFENSE! Try scoring a run or 2....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I could only imagine how many games Joba will lose when he's out after 6 and the new 8th inning guy blows the lead.

Its just dumb to do this in the middle of the season, you make your decision at the start of the season and go from there.

Yea SP > RP any day of the week, but when you have something that is AS AUTOMATIC and GUARANTEED as Job in the 8th and Rivera in the 9th, why even change that? Joba being a dominant starter is not a complete given.
Co-sign all of that.

I hate Joba but since I consider some of you Yankee fans cool, I won't rub this loss in your faces.
smile.gif

Well the Yankees suck right now.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

And why not keep him in the 8th?
Because Joba isn't about this year or next year..... Joba is about this year, next year, and the next 5-10 years after that as well.
This is about building for the future. Starting pitching wins in the MLB, not relief pitching. (if that weren't the case the Yankees wouldn't be losingevery year in the playoffs
mad.gif
mad.gif
our SP has been
sick.gif
in the playoffs). We need Joba as a possible dominate starter for our rotation.

AND lets say for some reason he doesn't turn out to be a good starter this year or next year.... you could just move him back to the bullpen anyway!

Yea SP > RP any day of the week, but when you have something that is AS AUTOMATIC and GUARANTEED as Job in the 8th and Rivera in the 9th, why even change that? Joba being a dominant starter is not a complete given.

Co Sign

You can't really call it a failure yet so soon, but all the losses and extra strain you put on your pen for these short starts for Joba are going to endup hurting the Yankees

Those walks killed Joba. I think it's kinda stupid sending him out there knowing that you're a starter and you're suppose to go out and pitch asmany innings as you can but in reality the farthest you will get with a pitching limit like that is 3 or 4 innings.

TRANSITION: I still dont know, look a Papelbon, the RedSox wanted to make him a starter but it didnt work out and why would you take aplayer thats doing his job so well out of it? Same with Joba.

WINNING: We lost our last game against the Twins because Joba wasnt a set up man anymore, now we lost today. Think about it, maybestarting doesnt really helps you win more games.

YANKEES BULLPEN: Our bullpen was looking really strong at the beginning of the season, it was even being considered one of the best inbaseball. Now look at it, Bruney is gone, Hawkins will be the next Farnsworth, and theres no more Joba.

Unless Cashman makes some serious moves and deals by next month we pretty much are.........
frown.gif

Originally Posted by TheWire11

Co Sign

You can't really call it a failure yet so soon, but all the losses and extra strain you put on your pen for these short starts for Joba are going to end up hurting the Yankees
It's a transition year... anyone who can see through what is going on knows that this is a transition year.
Of course everyone is saying its still all about this year... and yes of course it is, everyone wants to win... but really its a transition year. And peopleforget that Hughes & Kennedy are/were a big part of this transition year. Once got hurt & is still hurt while the other just sucked so bad thathe's back in AAA.
I mean hopefully the Yankees start playing better, which they are plenty capable of... but all in all it is what it is.
The Yankees could have Santana right now but don't for a reason.... it's all about building up the young guns while trying to win at the same time; ahard thing to do.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Co Sign

You can't really call it a failure yet so soon, but all the losses and extra strain you put on your pen for these short starts for Joba are going to end up hurting the Yankees
It's a transition year... anyone who can see through what is going on knows that this is a transition year.
Of course everyone is saying its still all about this year... and yes of course it is, everyone wants to win... but really its a transition year. And people forget that Hughes & Kennedy are/were a big part of this transition year. Once got hurt & is still hurt while the other just sucked so bad that he's back in AAA.
I mean hopefully the Yankees start playing better, which they are plenty capable of... but all in all it is what it is.
The Yankees could have Santana right now but don't for a reason.... it's all about building up the young guns while trying to win at the same time; a hard thing to do.

I dunno, its kinda hard to call the season a wash in June

smh.gif

roll.gif

What a great game to be in.

Pics will be up in an hour.

I've been to two Yankee games this year: both were blowouts.

I was supposed to go to the Mets-Yankees but that was rained out.

NOTE TO SELF: BRING A DAMN PAPER BAG TO PUT ON MY HEAD THE NEXT GAME I GO TO.

This team sucks so much when it comes to clutch-hitting. All I can do is laugh.

***As of now*** this team is not going to the post-season. Hank probably has a gun to Cashman's head right now demanding he make some moves before thedeadline.

^
laugh.gif

Giveme your ticket next time. I have a hot winning streak going on, everytime I go to a Yankee game they always win, since summer of 1999.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Co Sign

Of course everyone is saying its still all about this year... and yes of course it is, everyone wants to win... but really its a transition year. And people forget that Hughes & Kennedy are/were a big part of this transition year. Once got hurt & is still hurt while the other just sucked so bad that he's back in AAA.
The Yankees could have Santana right now but don't for a reason.... it's all about building up the young guns while trying to win at the same time; a hard thing to do.

I dunno, its kinda hard to call the season a wash in June

smh.gif

It's not a "wash". We're the New York Yankees & have LOTS of talent... that's not to say that many people aroundthe Yankees don't believe it as a transition year to at least some extent.

I do think the Yankees will eventually play better baseball then the 28-30 they are right now but we'll see.

One pic:

img5891bhe1.jpg

Some others:

n27600029_34050327_4069.jpg

The Stadium's jumbotron/graphics people started to have some fun adding mustaches:

n27600029_34050330_4975.jpg

n27600029_34050331_5271.jpg

n27600029_34050332_5568.jpg

n27600029_34050333_5869.jpg

n27600029_34050341_8277.jpg

Then when the game became out of reach,
roll.gif

n27600029_34050335_6460.jpg

n27600029_34050343_8893.jpg

One of the few highlights of the evening

n27600029_34050346_9815.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Frankie CALentino

I personally blame you Brian. You need to become a cheer leader like something out of Ookiku Furikabutte.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You say that, and I HAVE to link this vid from that anime:

Back
Top Bottom