Tom Brady is the Greatest Athlete of All-Time

Brady played well no doubt, but the story of last night's game was the Bucs' defense.

Absolutely dominated one of the most prolific offenses in NFL history.

Mahomes who is on a trajectory to be an all time great had the worst game of his career and didn't have a TD.

Brady is widely regarded as the GOAT football player, but he had that distinction coming into the game.

Him adding another Super Bowl win is just cherry on top.

Conversely...I hear people saying the Chiefs O-Line is why Mahomes didn't play well. But if they did play well and the Chiefs win...that LT isn't getting a SB MVP :smh:

The OP definitely is a bat signal for Brady haters, but when you coin it as "greatest athlete," I get the resistance.

That said, theohot take culture grips 90% of sports fans, it seems, but Brady is one of the most accomplished athletes ever and any practice used to diminish how good he is, is laughable at this point. MFers can't just recognize and appreciate greatness no more.
One of the most accomplished athletes without a doubt. Just wouldn’t classify him as the “greatest”.

Tom Brady being "athletic"

tenor.gif

Calling Tom an athlete is like calling Tiger an athlete as well. Both are great but far from athletic imo.

Tom Brady is certainly an athlete but I agree with your premise that being an NFL quarterback is much different than being an NBA player, track and field athlete or runner. It's particularly important when we talk about longevity. In my opinion, it's more impressive that LeBron is still the best player in the NBA in year 18 then Tom Brady winning a Super Bowl in year 20. Basketball is a much more fast twitch, hyper athletic sport where guys play offense and defense.

Not to knock Brady but playing QB in your 40s is more akin to an MLB pitcher playing into their 40s. It's uncommon but not completely unheard of.
Conversely...I hear people saying the Chiefs O-Line is why Mahomes didn't play well. But if they did play well and the Chiefs win...that LT isn't getting a SB MVP :smh:

It's a team sport. It's no different than Patriots fans complaining about their lack of pass catchers for years. None of those guys would have won MVP but you can't win a big game without them.

Last edited:
Last two chips his defenses held the other team to 0 touchdowns but you’d think he’s out there by himself :lol: The way the game is marketed has caused people to completely lose the concept of team sports.

Few years ago the Giants got to him over & over again with a 4 man rush and that video game offense was ground to a complete halt just like the Chiefs last night. Was Tom any less great? :lol:

He gets all the respect in the world for staying elite longer but the hyperbole isn’t needed.

Cant Lose In The Finals If You Dont Make It 9 Out Of Your 15 Years.

It's better to not make the Finals, than make the finals and lose. #JordanLogic. Apparently losing in the first three rounds aren't blemishes on your record, only losing in the Finals/Super Bowl.

It's better for Giannis to lose in the Eastern conference playoffs than make the Finals because a final loss is a blemish on his record in losing in the second round isn't.

Last edited:
What about the ones where he won and he played like crap?

Still can’t think of one superstar (including Tom) in a team sport who has played as poorly as LeBron did in 2011 (relative to expectations, obviously).. I don’t think I’ve EVER seen an athlete as big as LeBron is/was choke in a Finals/championship game/series like that. Steph in 2016 might be the only contender for that spot tbh

Still can’t think of one superstar (including Tom) in a team sport who has played as poorly as LeBron did in 2011 (relative to expectations, obviously).. I don’t think I’ve EVER seen an athlete as big as LeBron is/was choke in a Finals/championship game/series like that. Steph in 2016 might be the only contender for that spot tbh

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you're trolling or you're very young.

1. Look at Tom Brady stat line in Super Bowl 53, fortunately for him his defense only came up three points

2. Kobe (my all-time favorite athlete) shot 6 for 24 in game 7 of the 2010 finals. Look at Kobe's entire finals series against the Pistons in 2004, he played awful

3. Magic Johnson choked so badly in the 1984 finals that people called him "Tragic" Johnson for an entire year after that.

4. Peyton Manning won MVP in 2013, through 55 touchdown passes and got blown out by 35 in the Super Bowl against the Seahawks, The broncos only scored eight points that game.

I can do this all day but it's obvious you don't really know that much about sports history, recent or into the past lol

I'm just going to go ahead and assume you're trolling or you're very young.

Look at Tom Brady stat line in Super Bowl 53, fortunately for him his defense only came up three points

Kobe (my all-time favorite athlete) shot 6 for 24 in game 7 of the 2010 finals. Look at Kobe's entire finals series against the Pistons in 2004, he played awful

Magic Johnson choked so badly in the 1984 finals that people called him "Tragic" Johnson for an entire year after that.

I can do this all day but it's obvious you don't really know that much about sports history, recent or into the past lol

I think you misunderstood my point-I’m not arguing Kobe wasn’t good in Game 7 in 2010 (Sidenote: is this a point Kobe stans are trying to make nowadays?).

My point is LeBron’s expectations were sky high in 2011 as he was in his prime with a big 3 and were *HEAVILY* favored to win that series. (Source: https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/31/2198658/nba-finals-2011-odds-miami-heat-dallas-mavericks) Since you know so much about sports and I “don’t really know that much”, can you explain why 2011 prime LeBron’s performance wasn’t as bad as these other examples?

I think you misunderstood my point-I’m not arguing Kobe wasn’t good in Game 7 in 2010 (Sidenote: is this a point Kobe stans are trying to make nowadays?).

My point is LeBron’s expectations were sky high in 2011 as he was in his prime with a big 3 and were *HEAVILY* favored to win that series. (Source: https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/5/31/2198658/nba-finals-2011-odds-miami-heat-dallas-mavericks) Since you know so much about sports and I “don’t really know that much”, can you explain why 2011 prime LeBron’s performance wasn’t as bad as these other examples?

I never said LeBron didn't play up to his own lofty standards. Even he admits he didn't play well in that series but to say "I can't think of another situation" is ridiculous. All of those situations are equally bad. All of those players were in their prime or coming off MVP seasons. I can think of a dozen situations where MVP level superstars didn't play well in their prime. It happens

I never said LeBron didn't play up to his own lofty standards. Even he admits he didn't play well in that series but to say "I can't think of another situation" is ridiculous. All of those situations are equally bad. All of those players were in their prime or coming off MVP seasons.

Source on the odds in those series compared to Miami vs Dallas in 2011? Stats showed Seattle and Denver were near equal odds in the SB IIRC because of how good Seattle’s defense was.

Source on the odds in those series compared to Miami vs Dallas in 2011? Stats showed Seattle and Denver were near equal odds in the SB IIRC because of how good Seattle’s defense was.

So you've shifted the goal post from talking about the poor performance to now talking about odds going into the series 😂. I'm done with this conversation, have a good day.

So you've shifted the goal post from talking about the poor performance to now talking about odds going into the series 😂. I'm done with this conversation, have a good day.

Both things can be true (better team AND player who choked-hence why I pointed out Steph in 2016) but go ahead and stop responding and show us all how you can’t defend your points-no need to further “add” to the discussion here 😂

I have Serena Williams ahead of him, especially since she gave birth, almost died, then won again.

I think someone else posted it in this thread but the gap between Serena and the second best women's tennis player is the largest in any sport between the best and second best players.
Wayne Gretzky also has a huge gap over the second best hockey player.
With Brady, at least there's a debate. There is no debate with Williams and Gretzky

Back
Top Bottom