Todd McShay's first 2008 NFL Mock Draft - 1st Rd

Originally Posted by kobeskool2009

more proof the nfl is out to help the pats

them cheaters should of got the niners pik taken away but goodwell is so far up belechick...

shut the hell up
roll.gif

the ruling was made within the first two weeks of the year when the season had just started...what if the Pats would have gone 2-14 and the 49'ers14-2...would you have complained then?

taking away the 49'ers pick that early in the year would have basically been like the NFL giving S.F. the middle finger and basically saying they weregoing to suck throughout the rest of the year...plus even if they WERE actually good, i'm pretty sure the NFL can't take away the 49'ers pickbecause it was traded for, not won or given to them like the ones in the drafts...that's like the Patriots had traded for Moss and the NFL tells them as apunishment they have to give back Moss to the Raiders for their 4th round pick....

i swear some of you guys are incredible...bunch of females
laugh.gif

EDIT: btw...like others said, i see them trading this pick down and grabbing a couple more...

sed ellis has made more plays than dorsey. sed benches 500 lbs with ease so i dont see why his size is a factor i mean he is 6'2 300lbs. i am alsosurprised he has keith rivers so high i thought that he would be a late early second rounder. i think lo jack also needs to be in the 1st round.

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

seen Desean around campus before, he's at BEST 5'10 165 lbs, I hope he lasts...

yea i love deseans skills but dude will get eaten up in the nfl because he lacks size. in the sc game all we did was jam him at the los and he wascompletely ineffective. i dont think he can even get that big since dude has a small frame and really cant even pack on much weight.

mesean will probably be a varient steve smith from the panthers w/ a lil more speed but not that much strength to break tackles. any chance FRED DAVIS is thefirst TE taken i think he has had a good senior season.

Originally Posted by Goodfella 19

mesean will probably be a varient steve smith from the panthers w/ a lil more speed but not that much strength to break tackles. any chance FRED DAVIS is the first TE taken i think he has had a good senior season.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Sincewhen does Steve Smith not break tackles??? And steve smith is NOTHING like desean jackson.....Steve like 5'9 190

uh i think he's implying that steve smith can break tackles, and desean can't.
yeah.....prolly, i'm sleepy

I don't care about any other team except the Philadephia Eagles. As I see it, they need a WR badly! Last year's decision to go get a QB in the earlysecond round was an eye opener. If they plan on moving away from the Donovan McNabb era in Philly they need to get a reliable WR to help out whoever theychoose at QB in the future. Westbrook is one of the best, if not the best, running back in terms of versatility in the entire NFL and I don't want to see aplayer the caliber of Brian Westbrook disgruntled and thinking of leaving the Eagles either. We need the best WR in the draft!

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Yea mrMossy, When I saw him have another DE listed for Vikes I was like
eek.gif

Its time to go in a different direction.
The Bills need an impact tight end...any prospects this year?
many ...

Fred Davis
Kellen davis
martellus Bennett

are all SICK
pimp.gif

Kellen Davis will make a team very happy come next season.

I dont really see my Lions taking a QB in the first considering Martz loves Drew Stanton for some god forsaken reason. If the draft unfolds like this (which Idoubt it will) if the Lions pass on the CB from Kansas or whoever is their top DB on the draft board, I'm gonna be heated.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

well well well, what can I say. Mr. McShay ...
why would Ellis not fit in the Jets 3-4 one gap scheme, but he fits in Marvin Lewis's 3-4 one gap scheme ...

laugh.gif
who remembers over the summer when McShay said Andre Woodson's lack of height is a MAJOR CONCERN
laugh.gif

smh.gif

i remember that. seems like de ja vu right here:
Gholston is a bit undersized

Vernon Gholston
# 50

Defensive Lineman - DL

Height: 6' 4" Weight: 264

Junior

smh.gif
ohwell.gif
undersized?

sdg.gif

[h2]23. Sa[/h2]
[h2]n Diego Chargers[/h2]Current record: 7-5
Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: ILB, DL, RB
Projected pick: Rey Maualuga*, ILB, USC
Maualuga is finishing strong as a junior. He publicly stated he plans on returning to Southern California next fall, but Maualuga wouldn't be the first to renege on such a promise. A strong showing at the combine could catapult the 250-pound middle linebacker into the top-half of the first round.

another samoan 1st rounder, from southern Cal? sounds familiar
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by Joe McKnight Is BALLIN

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

seen Desean around campus before, he's at BEST 5'10 165 lbs, I hope he lasts...

yea i love deseans skills but dude will get eaten up in the nfl because he lacks size. in the sc game all we did was jam him at the los and he was completely ineffective. i dont think he can even get that big since dude has a small frame and really cant even pack on much weight
He would be pretty effective off a reverse, or a fake reverse. I'm willing to bet teams know how good he is in the open field so they'llat least give him that much respect. But I agree, it's best to jam DeSean at the line because it would be downright foolish to try and beat him w/o beingphysical. The guy just runs his routes so quick and so crisp that he creates separation in the blink of an eye. Best way to stop him without being physicalis to force him over the middle, and if not, have some safety help because one-on-one just won't work.

Originally Posted by RawSheed

sdg.gif

[h2]23. Sa[/h2]
[h2]n Diego Chargers[/h2]Current record: 7-5
Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: ILB, DL, RB
Projected pick: Rey Maualuga*, ILB, USC
Maualuga is finishing strong as a junior. He publicly stated he plans on returning to Southern California next fall, but Maualuga wouldn't be the first to renege on such a promise. A strong showing at the combine could catapult the 250-pound middle linebacker into the top-half of the first round.
another samoan 1st rounder, from southern Cal? sounds familiar
glasses.gif

ehh it would be tight to have an inside beast, but I don't think we need an ILB at 1st round. We either need another safety in replace of mcree or anO-line.

Back
Top Bottom