Today is the 10 year anniversary of the Northeast black out Vol. the rucker game that never happened

I'll never forget that day. I was 7 years old, and we didn't have cable in my apartment in the Bronx so I was watching Arthur. Suddenly the TV mutes, and I don't hear anything so I shut off the TV. At that same moment moms came out and said power went out. Word to my mom, I lied out my *** and said my brother turned off the TV since I thought that's what caused it. Although before the black out, my dad got a call from his Precinct Captain talking about a power outage in upstate, so he headed out. That night was so hot, I went out with my two younger bros to Crotona across the street and played until we couldn't play anymore. Music, car lights as street lights, and flashlights galore that day. 

I remember that day was extremely hot. once all the lights went out people from my block just went outside
and opened the fire hydrant, everyone had their cars blasting, no one from my hood got hurt, it was a good day.

Back
Top Bottom