To ska, with love...

Originally Posted by IsoldMysole

Chinese people love SPAM too!

BTW, where can I buy this:

200603064.jpg

???
laugh.gif
seriously lol. My boss asked me if I cooked chinese, Itold her yea I did, and she started listing some chinese things that are simple to make. Then she said pan fried spam? I was like WHAT? really thats anasian/chinese thing? I always thought my dad just did that cause he was lazy to cook other stuff (and that he made it up)

thin cut slices of spam, fried=
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

that spam sushi, musubi- had that +$$ in hawaii, abcstores ftw.
socal people L&L hawaiian BBQ got this and it aint that bad.

does anyone put sugar on their spam, to even out the saltyness.
amazing.

I didn't even know Filipinos got down with Spam like that until this past year. My stepmom used to always cook spam, eggs and grits for breakfast. Her eggswere terrible. Her eggs were scrambled yet still tasted like disease. I didn't know it as possible to mess up scrambled eggs that much, the taste usuallydoesn't vary much regardless of who is cooking it. I'm not a big fan of grits (I'm a poor excuse for a black man, I know) so all I basically lookedforward to eating was the Spam. Memories.

Originally Posted by kevin2nd

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

You gotta be Filipino to be down with Spam.

pimp.gif

nope. hawaiians invented spam.
i didnt know you had to be filipino to be down with spam cause i thought it was a hawaiian thing...
Hawaiians do not just like their Spam. They have an all-out love affair with it, an obsession with it that--were it any substance other than processed pork--might rise to the level of addiction.

Where grocery stores on the mainland have a small section devoted to Spam, most Hawaiian stores have shelf upon shelf of it. Even more, it comes in varieties that are not sold in many other places--teriyaki Spam, garlic Spam, barbecue Spam.

Indeed, the people of Hawaii consume some 7 million cans of Spam each year. That means the average man, woman and child eats nearly 7 cans of the gelatinous meat each year. (Although not as much of Spam is sold there because it has fewer people, the meat also is wildly popular in the Pacific territory of Guam, where the average person eats up to 13 cans per year.)

In college, my go-to meal was...

1 bowl of rice
4 slices of super-thin mega-fried Spam lite
2 fried eggs
Super-fermented kimchi

Cheap and EFFECTIVE.

Kimchi-spam fried rice...drool.
Kimchi jjigae (stew) with spam...drool.

But the spam-burger? Blech.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

In college, my go-to meal was...

1 bowl of rice
4 slices of super-thin mega-fried Spam lite
2 fried eggs
Super-fermented kimchi

Cheap and EFFECTIVE.

Kimchi-spam fried rice...drool.
Kimchi jjigae (stew) with spam...drool.

Minus the kimchi, that's how I eat. Nothing against kimchi, because it's delicious. It's hard for me to get past the smell
grin.gif

Originally Posted by kingcrux31

You gotta be Filipino to be down with Spam.

pimp.gif

my pops makes this for me on saturday morning but with sunny side up eggs and sometimes switches it up with vienna sausage instead of spam
pimp.gif

Just to let you know, crux, I hate you.

I don't know why I expected this, but this is what I expected the thread to be: a collection of Jennifer Walcott pictures. I thought maybe... I have noidea what I thought, but that's what I thought. I read the title, saw who made it, and for some reason, that's what I thought; that you were gracing mewith a plethora of Walcott pics.

But no.

It was Spam.

In a matter of seconds, I went from expectations of Walcott pics... to disgusting Spam pics.

smh.gif

Disgusting

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Dripping with sodium and artificial flavoring, made from ground up pig parts ftmFREAKINGL

^ Finally, someone with some freaking sense (and I see you, too, FIRST B0RN).

OMgosh.

It's one thing to HAVE to eat spam cause it's inexpensive, but it's another thing to eat it as a preference over normal human food.

Meat from a can? I'd rather eat that 12 year old McD's hamburger from that other post floating around the GF.

Back
Top Bottom