"To (All) the Colleges That Rejected Me" - A Message from Taylor Allderdice High School

For undergrad, accepted into University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, Christian Brothers University, Memphis, UALR, and University of Central Arkansas. Rejected from UGA. Ended up going to CBU.

For grad school, only applied and accepted to UALR, because it's close to home and I needed more experience and learning for my career.

10 years from now I'll start applying to and getting my MBA from Fayetteville, and possibly move there too.

Last edited:
i thought this thread would have been about some of the examples she gave...

went to a CC, then went to a no name university. got a decent job, job is payin for "classes toward your masters..."

+shrugs+

UGA. I got in to Duke but not UGA?! And my dad went there. Screw them. smh (This is for Grad School).

Last edited:
I dropped out of HS, got my GED, then went to community college and only applied to the one school I wanted to go to and got in (University of Washington-Seattle).

Got rejected by UCLA and Berkeley.

Ended up going to CC, then to State and graduated Debt Free :pimp:

Now I work with people that graduated from UCLA and Berkeley. Doesn't matter where you're from, but what you did with you time at school.

Cant stress this enough. Its easy to get caught up in bragging and comparing school by their perceived prestige but if you dont do **** while you're there it means nothing.

Applied to Georgia, Auburn, Alabama and Georgia State.

Knew I wanted to go to Georgia so only applied to other schools that had easy applications :smokin

A Babam sighting!? Havent seen you in the football/soccer thread in a bit. Hope all has been well for ya my man.

Got rejected by UCLA and Berkeley.

Ended up going to CC, then to State and graduated Debt Free
pimp.gif

Now I work with people that graduated from UCLA and Berkeley. Doesn't matter where you're from, but what you did with you time at school.
Cant stress this enough. Its easy to get caught up in bragging and comparing school by their perceived prestige but if you dont do **** while you're there it means nothing.
which is pointless because it honestly does not matter where you went to undergrad.

GOT INTO:

UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
DUKE
MARQUETTE
TENNESSEE
UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS

REJECTED FROM:

MICHIGAN
OLE MISS
NYU

ENDED UP GOING TO UNIVERISTY OF PITTSBURGH THEN TRANSFERRED TO UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS.

GOT INTO:

UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
DUKE
MARQUETTE
TENNESSEE
UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS

REJECTED FROM:

MICHIGAN
OLE MISS
NYU

ENDED UP GOING TO UNIVERISTY OF PITTSBURGH THEN TRANSFERRED TO UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS.

Why didn't you go to Duke?

Went 8 for 8 on acceptances lol, but I kind of already knew which school I wanted to go to from the start but I still applied anyways lol *shrugs*

Did anyone here go to of get into St. John's university in New York? They call me all the time, and now I'm considering going there...

I lived right up the street, 2 min walk from Allderdice. #SquirellHilL

Nice neighborhood.. I drive past there on my way to the waterfront all the time. She definitely sounds bitter and privileged. Didnt do anything extra but expected to get into an Ivy League school? :lol: Just go to a state school like the rest of us... Pitt graduate here lol

Pitt Alum here as well. :lol:

I only applied to Pitt bc they waived my application fee. I was set on going to Penn State but the hoops they made me jump through (extra math classes and a summer program) made me chalk that. Pitt let a brotha in.

GOT INTO:

UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH
DUKE
MARQUETTE
TENNESSEE
UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS

REJECTED FROM:

MICHIGAN
OLE MISS
NYU

Why didn't you go to Duke?

Because Pittsburgh is the most livable city in America :smokin

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2006/10/10/91724/705/travel/Sienna+Miller+Hates+Pittsburgh

pittsburgh? more like *****-burgh! am i rite?

She sounds like a baby. You weren't as qualified as your fellow students, get over it. That's how the real world works.

I was a terrible student in high school and got into all the state colleges I applied to. Went through community college instead and transferred to UCLA.

Back
Top Bottom