Timberland quality?

Has their quality been the same throughout the years? I just realized I have a pair from around 96-97?

timberland quality is down the toilet. however, the abington collection from their timberland boot company line is straight fire. check out 6pm.com right now they have some great deals (60% off) but limited size selection

Timberland's quality has remained consistent. It's their designs that have taken a turn for the worse. The Abington collection is a perfect example. A whole line for hipsters. Then come the sneakers and "urban" themed boots. The brand would be better off focusing on their original concept instead of catering to outsiders.

Originally Posted by truniversal

Timberland's quality has remained consistent. It's their designs that have taken a turn for the worse. The Abington collection is a perfect example. A whole line for hipsters. Then come the sneakers and "urban" themed boots. The brand would be better off focusing on their original concept instead of catering to outsiders.

I remember when those first came out. Cheesy and terrible. I do like some of the shoes in the Abington collection though.

Please don't tell me those baby blue, monogram patterned, or plaid construction boots were legitimate Timberland products...

whats going on with their boxes? is everyones idea of 'going green' giving consumers unstackable, paper-thin boxes?

I have had a pair for 3 years. Gone through 3 tough winters and dont show any signs of wear. Great quality i think

i coped a timberland bag once and it ripped like 2 weeks into school every since then i just shyed away plus the whole urban myth bout the tree symbol

Originally Posted by bpt1986

i guess i don't see how the abington collection is for hipsters.
i dont think so they are a more quality ,comfort , and high price alternative ... i still rock butter tims all season including the summer and i love my abingtons im no hipster

Meh, they're Timbs... They'll last you. But don't expect your Timbs to stay pretty forever. They're made to be rugged and beat on. So wear them and they'll still be as good as they always have been just like you know them to be.

Hit the outlet. I copped a pair a few weeks ago for $65. They cost $180-190 at footlocker :smh:

Last edited:
A Timberland 10061 "Made In U.S.A" question:

I brought my Wheat Timbs to get resoled at the Timberland store. The assistant said it would take a week. Picked them up yesterday. The assistant says that she thinks my pair are fake because she's never seen such a manufacture stamp inside my Timbs before, i.e. never seen a "Made In U.S.A." pair. She told me (and I sort of know this) that Timbs 10061 are now manufactured in China, Vietnam, Turkey or Dominican Republic.

The stamps in my 10061s (both left and right boot) are:
--------------
Made In U.S.A. of Imported Components

95 M 298111

85 10061 60 (the number "60" is circled)
--------------
Any Timberland experts in here? I sense my pair are in fact legit, but can anyone shed more light on the history/origin of my pair? Year of manufacture, factory, maybe limited edition/production?? Google search yields nothing helpful.

Peace

A Timberland 10061 "Made In U.S.A" question:

I brought my Wheat Timbs to get resoled at the Timberland store. The assistant said it would take a week. Picked them up yesterday. The assistant says that she thinks my pair are fake because she's never seen such a manufacture stamp inside my Timbs before, i.e. never seen a "Made In U.S.A." pair. She told me (and I sort of know this) that Timbs 10061 are now manufactured in China, Vietnam, Turkey or Dominican Republic.

The stamps in my 10061s (both left and right boot) are:
Made In U.S.A. of Imported Components

95 M 298111

85 10061 60 (the number "60" is circled)
Any Timberland experts in here? I sense my pair are in fact legit, but can anyone shed more light on the history/origin of my pair? Year of manufacture, factory, maybe limited edition/production?? Google search yields nothing helpful.

Peace
i doubt anyone is gonna fake a "made in da usa" pair of timbs..how long ago did you purchase em?

I bought them in a vintage shop in Brick Lane in London.

My girlfriend's brother also has a pair of Timbs 6" Made in USA (not Wheat, some tan, smooth leather pair). He bought his from the Timberland store here in Munich, Germany about 10+ years ago.

I agree and reckon bootleggers wouldn't manufacture fake "Made in USA" Timbs. Bus is it so far-fetched that they aren't made in the USA any longer?

Peace
-F Sharp005

Back
Top Bottom