Tibetan Sky Burial (pics....kinda gross)

Pretty graphic specially when the persons all sliced up.....but the meaning in doing so VERY interesting and i kinda understand it.

I'm going to be deep frozen
pimp.gif

Burr!

This was pretty interesting..so I researched.

VIA Wikipedia,

"Sky burial or ritual dissectionwas once a common funerary practice in Tibet wherein a human corpse is cut in specific locations and placed on a mountaintop, exposing it to the elements or the mahabhuta and animals - especially to birds of prey. In Tibet the practice is known as jhator (Tibetan: བྱ་ག

Originally Posted by Purple Face

Cool burial, bro. Seriously. I wonder what the closed-minded NT'ers are gonna say... "ewww" "gross" "that nastay"
This is how I'd like to be "buried". No sense taking up space in a cemetery. We're allpart of one big whole anyways

Yeah my geography professor was tellin us about this the other day.

He said he actually got to witness one in person and said it was pretty brutal.

why not just burn the bodies?

it seems liek that would make the vultures more aggressive towards humans in the area and they might become more predator than scavenger

maybe not *shrugs*

That is kind of cool, I'd like to go out like that honestly. Chop me up and feed me to the animals who we take so much of anyway. Grind me up and put meinto alpo dog food then feed me to my dog Gina.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Yeah i can't post a rotund booty sans underwear but it's fine to post pics of a damn bodybeing attacked by some damn vultures?[/color]

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

why not just burn the bodies?

Maybe you should read what OP said about burning the body

too much like work.
I look at pics, period
laugh.gif

nah, youre probably right...I just glossed over it and saw something about the ground being to hard to bury the bodies
just read it.....how much fuel does it take to burn a body? a pile of grass, a couple sticks and a match, no?

Originally Posted by Ralf Loran

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

It's 2009 and people, I mean third world savages, do stupid things like this.
[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]i wouldn't say all that....diff beliefs, diff rituals...why bury the dead?[/color]

Originally Posted by Ralf Loran

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

It's 2009 and people, I mean third world savages, do stupid things like this.
It's part of their tradition and beliefs. Who's to say your beliefs are in any way superior to theirs? Like putting a dead body in awooden box under ground makes any sense.

Back
Top Bottom