Thoughts On Dating Someone With Excessive Social Media Content From Past Relationship(s)

Asking for someone.

So you meet a girl...start to vibe...exchange social media info w/e...and most of her content is pictures/captions of the last relationship. Obviously everyone has a past, but its an excessive amount. Looking through her pics makes you slightly uncomfortable. Not a big deal?

Out of respect to you...she would delete all that. If she don't, then...there you have it.

Most people I know would end up removing the major pics i.e. facebook profile pics of them and said person. Tagged photos of them together I couldn't care less about (unless its some ratchet ****, but then I wouldn't be talking to her).

On the other hand, I'm not really into chicks that always want to take pics of them and the guy they're with.

went to a museum (anyone ever gone to COSI in columbus? it's cool) awhile ago and this couple couldn't move more than a few feet without taking a picture together with something new in the background.

While I'm not criticizing them for doing that and that I could be judging their relationship out of context (maybe they haven't seen each other in weeks and needed to affirm their relationship with those pictures), excess social media fringes on the bad side nowadays. It's nice to have a lot of social media content but it cannot replace the physical and more intimate one-on-one connection you have going on in any relationship.

went to a museum (anyone ever gone to COSI in columbus? it's cool) awhile ago and this couple couldn't move more than a few feet without taking a picture together with something new in the background.

While I'm not criticizing them for doing that and that I could be judging their relationship out of context (maybe they haven't seen each other in weeks and needed to affirm their relationship with those pictures), excess social media fringes on the bad side nowadays. It's nice to have a lot of social media content but it cannot replace the physical and more intimate one-on-one connection you have going on in any relationship.
Ahhhhhhhh that is so sickning to me man. Like what are you trying to prove people? Enjoy the moment. You don't have to snap snap snap snap. Damn I hate that.

But back to OP: Ok now this is a problem for me. I can't have a public picture hore as someone that represents me. Big issue wit that.

No need to jump the gun so early on anything. Feelings should be kept in check anyways at this point. Now if ya'll get serious down the line...

I really don't think it's a big deal. Everyone has a past
Having a past isn't the issue. Dating someone that still has a plethora of photographs with their ex still up for public view is the issue.

OP - how long ya'll been dating?

Last edited:

Though annoying, that's not really a big deal to me. They just want to document the trip. Like going on a vacation I'd except a couple to take pictures everywhere as well.

My issue is the basic **** that they take pictures of and feel the need to post on twitter/fb/instagram:
--A pic of me inside the car driving -- "in the whip with my bay"
--A picture of me sleeping --"caught him slipping"

The world doesn't need to see ya boy snoring.

no ones officially dating..yet. interesting responses, i dont think I've seen this topic brought up before (im sure it has been)

So if she has them but everyone can't see it's ok?
Yes that is OK. It is in the privacy of your own home.

Not on display.broadcast for the world to see.

How are you going to be MY girl and you still have pictures up of you and other dudes?

And don't hit me with the insecure card please.....

So if she has them but everyone can't see it's ok?
Yes that is OK. It is in the privacy of your own home.

Not on display.broadcast for the world to see.

How are you going to be MY girl and you still have pictures up of you and other dudes?

And don't hit me with the insecure card please.....

She's not HIS girl though.

And with OP being concerned with something like this early on is a sign of insecurity. Bet he hasn't even smashed :lol: :smh:

Girls without social media >>>>
Makes life so much easier avoids so much drama 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom