This is why Mac users think they are so special huh?

Ehh, Macs have their share of problems. The right fan on my MBP just blew, $110 to fix it!

Ehh, Macs have their share of problems. The right fan on my MBP just blew, $110 to fix it!

Originally Posted by reigndrop

man... my mpb 15.4 always blasting the fan. 

Originally Posted by reigndrop

man... my mpb 15.4 always blasting the fan. 

Originally Posted by likethematrix

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by ABC

I've had a Mac in my life since I was born. I love them... wouldn't do it any other way.
I don't like PCs simply because I'm not used to them... I just get confused and frustrated trying to navigate around Windows. IMO Apples got too complicated once they jumped to OS X though... OS 9 is 
pimp.gif

I also really really really like how every Apple product is horizontally integrated... iTunes/iPod/Mac/iPhoto all sync with no problems. 

BTW I'm currently running a summer 2009 21.5" iMac, 3.06 gHz with 320 GB HD I think? Can't really imagine my experience getting much better. Only $1200, too.

PC users are so bitter
laugh.gif
 to each their own.

bro im sure you wasnt making colorful stars on an AppleII with the black and green monitors so you not special.
you wasnt watching that giraffe giving birth on that 9in. macintosh screen son.
apple computers are for people not that good at computers bro.
my dude thinkin he know somethin cause his first computer was a blue imac.

why is every supercomputer essentially a PC?

/thread

roll.gif
 how bout i /you with your ignorance?

so you say... not that good at computers you say? i used to think macs were garbage, stupid, waste of money, every word in the book. i was actually on my way to going to college for some computer stuff (i could easily fix a computer within minutes. i built gaming computers for friends, etc). 

my cousin ended up getting a mac, and i bought one shortly after. canceled my application to school and went to school for something else.

i bet you that i can do everything you do on your PC in half the time and without my computer crashing or getting the BSOD
maybe you stopped cause PCs were too much for you.
and lol@ half the time. bro im sure your mac doesnt even have enough ram to run DC universe online.
mine doesnt, but to get 2 more gigs of ram to make it 5 costs me about...75 bucks.
how much would 2 gigs of ram cost for a mac?
assuming  that the extra ram would fit?

i didn't stop because it was too much for me, Mac's are better IN MY OPINION. and it's that simple. your opinion is otherwise.

are you mad that you can't afford a mac so you go around saying stupid %!%@? lol. you're funny. ever since Apple moved to Intel, the price of upgrading components for the Mac is the same price as a PC now. 

it was $70 for 4GB of (DDR3, which is the newer and faster) RAM on my MacBook from 2008. it's probably cheaper now. 

i also upgraded my harddrive to 500GB a while back for $100. i could get a TB, but i don't need the space

you really don't know what you're talking about.

screenshot20101203at103.png

shut up

Originally Posted by ABC

I've had a Mac in my life since I was born. I love them... wouldn't do it any other way.
I don't like PCs simply because I'm not used to them... I just get confused and frustrated trying to navigate around Windows. IMO Apples got too complicated once they jumped to OS X though... OS 9 is 
pimp.gif

I also really really really like how every Apple product is horizontally integrated... iTunes/iPod/Mac/iPhoto all sync with no problems. 

BTW I'm currently running a summer 2009 21.5" iMac, 3.06 gHz with 320 GB HD I think? Can't really imagine my experience getting much better. Only $1200, too.

PC users are so bitter
laugh.gif
 to each their own.

bro im sure you wasnt making colorful stars on an AppleII with the black and green monitors so you not special.

/thread

roll.gif

so you say... not that good at computers you say? i used to think macs were garbage, stupid, waste of money, every word in the book. i was actually on my way to going to college for some computer stuff (i could easily fix a computer within minutes. i built gaming computers for friends, etc). 

my cousin ended up getting a mac, and i bought one shortly after. canceled my application to school and went to school for something else.

i bet you that i can do everything you do on your PC in half the time and without my computer crashing or getting the BSOD
and lol@ half the time. bro im sure your mac doesnt even have enough ram to run DC universe online.
mine doesnt, but to get 2 more gigs of ram to make it 5 costs me about...75 bucks.

i didn't stop because it was too much for me, Mac's are better IN MY OPINION. and it's that simple. your opinion is otherwise.

are you mad that you can't afford a mac so you go around saying stupid %!%@? lol. you're funny. ever since Apple moved to Intel, the price of upgrading components for the Mac is the same price as a PC now. 

it was $70 for 4GB of (DDR3, which is the newer and faster) RAM on my MacBook from 2008. it's probably cheaper now. 

i also upgraded my harddrive to 500GB a while back for $100. i could get a TB, but i don't need the space

shut up

Planning on getting a mac next month with some of my finacial aid money. Comes with a free 16 GB Ipod touch when you buy it on campus

Planning on getting a mac next month with some of my finacial aid money. Comes with a free 16 GB Ipod touch when you buy it on campus

I can't stand how mac users bring up the affordability issue when it comes to defending their beloved MBP or iMacs.

Maybe some people just don't see the value in spending that  much money for a computer with mediocre components?

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

mac hardware (casing/screen) is better designed than almost all PC's

mac and PC internals (processor/drives) are equal in terms of performance and quality.

PC internals (processor/drives) cost less than mac ie. more power for less money.

OS X is equal in terms of functionality with windows 7.

-windows 7 has slightly superior file browsing interface

-OS X runs into significantly less viruses/spyware

-Compatibilty with printers/routers/peripherals is about equal. Windows 7 seemlessly intergrates and recognizes most as does OS X.

For a laptop I would choose a Macbook Pro.

-You can get a faster PC laptop for the price of a Macbook

-The hardware (touchpad/screen/battery life/weight/reliability) makes the price difference worth it.

-Most PC laptops feel plasticky and cheap compared to the Macbook.

-Gaming laptops look like %$#% and the battery life is just as ugly.

-The HP Envy line approaches the hardware quality of the Macbook but fails to match the Macbooks battery life/touchpad quality/firewire capability.

-All functions on the Macbook work very well.... close lid (macbook sleeps).. open lid (macbook wakes up).. battery dies COMPLETELY mid-session (plug charger in and, returns to same session) PC's tend to fail in these areas (usually buggy)

For a desktop I would choose a Windows 7 based PC

-Higher end components for cheaper price.

-Aesthetics don't really matter (you aren't going to carry tower around)

-Easier and cheaper to upgrade and maintain.

-You can get a faster computer + bigger screen than a relatively priced Mac.

The desktop difference is really just the operating system.(MAC has no significant mechanical superiority)

OS X lost its edge when Windows 7 dropped.

If you:

-Have no idea what to do if you get a virus/spyware = GET A MAC

-Want to play the latest games on your computer = GET A PC

-Want a laptop to do things other than gaming = GET A MAC (trust)

^nonfiction

This is the most unbiased opinion in this thread, and equally as accurate.

I can't stand how mac users bring up the affordability issue when it comes to defending their beloved MBP or iMacs.

Maybe some people just don't see the value in spending that  much money for a computer with mediocre components?

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

mac hardware (casing/screen) is better designed than almost all PC's

mac and PC internals (processor/drives) are equal in terms of performance and quality.

PC internals (processor/drives) cost less than mac ie. more power for less money.

OS X is equal in terms of functionality with windows 7.

-windows 7 has slightly superior file browsing interface

-OS X runs into significantly less viruses/spyware

-Compatibilty with printers/routers/peripherals is about equal. Windows 7 seemlessly intergrates and recognizes most as does OS X.

For a laptop I would choose a Macbook Pro.

-You can get a faster PC laptop for the price of a Macbook

-The hardware (touchpad/screen/battery life/weight/reliability) makes the price difference worth it.

-Most PC laptops feel plasticky and cheap compared to the Macbook.

-Gaming laptops look like %$#% and the battery life is just as ugly.

-The HP Envy line approaches the hardware quality of the Macbook but fails to match the Macbooks battery life/touchpad quality/firewire capability.

-All functions on the Macbook work very well.... close lid (macbook sleeps).. open lid (macbook wakes up).. battery dies COMPLETELY mid-session (plug charger in and, returns to same session) PC's tend to fail in these areas (usually buggy)

For a desktop I would choose a Windows 7 based PC

-Higher end components for cheaper price.

-Aesthetics don't really matter (you aren't going to carry tower around)

-Easier and cheaper to upgrade and maintain.

-You can get a faster computer + bigger screen than a relatively priced Mac.

The desktop difference is really just the operating system.(MAC has no significant mechanical superiority)

OS X lost its edge when Windows 7 dropped.

If you:

-Have no idea what to do if you get a virus/spyware = GET A MAC

-Want to play the latest games on your computer = GET A PC

-Want a laptop to do things other than gaming = GET A MAC (trust)

^nonfiction

This is the most unbiased opinion in this thread, and equally as accurate.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

windows>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I remember being forced to use macs in middle school/high school, felt like stabbing my urethra with a thin pencil

I remember this too.  I hated them with a passion and it was a reason why I didn't buy into the iphone hype until the second year.  Now I'm a big fan of theirs.

Here's how I look at it:
-1,5000 for a 15'' MBP
-750 for my Thinkpad w/ better specs: if this breaks within 1.5 years, it's is all good because I have 750 in the bank and can get a new computer

My point is that I do not get why everyone thinks PC are horrible.  Do some research and you should find something comparable to apple.

That said, whenever I start having repeated PC problems, I'm making the switch ASAP.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

windows>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I remember being forced to use macs in middle school/high school, felt like stabbing my urethra with a thin pencil

I remember this too.  I hated them with a passion and it was a reason why I didn't buy into the iphone hype until the second year.  Now I'm a big fan of theirs.

Here's how I look at it:
-1,5000 for a 15'' MBP
-750 for my Thinkpad w/ better specs: if this breaks within 1.5 years, it's is all good because I have 750 in the bank and can get a new computer

My point is that I do not get why everyone thinks PC are horrible.  Do some research and you should find something comparable to apple.

That said, whenever I start having repeated PC problems, I'm making the switch ASAP.

I never understood why this was so serious to everyone. Like you dudes get legitimately mad about this topic.

It's just a $*#+%!# computer.

I never understood why this was so serious to everyone. Like you dudes get legitimately mad about this topic.

It's just a $*#+%!# computer.

Originally Posted by ABC

pimp.gif

PC users are so bitter
laugh.gif
 to each their own.

/thread

roll.gif

shut up

lol my boy you on a core 2 duo.

get that piece of crap outta here. you bought used ram homie. dont make get to quoting 2010 prices.

of course your old $*% computer got cheap parts.

get a phenom II x4 then say something.

your computer even with that 4 gigs of ram couldnt even run pokemon red.

macs suck.

thats why no serious computer professionals use them.
only namby pamby artists.

i dont really care tho.
if it makes you happy using slow $*% over priced computers its all good.

i dont need customer service cause my computer has never messed up.
and if it did, it would cost me about 450 to get a brand new up to date computer within the hour thats killing any mac.

Originally Posted by ABC

pimp.gif

PC users are so bitter
laugh.gif
 to each their own.

/thread

roll.gif

shut up

lol my boy you on a core 2 duo.

get that piece of crap outta here. you bought used ram homie. dont make get to quoting 2010 prices.

of course your old $*% computer got cheap parts.

get a phenom II x4 then say something.

your computer even with that 4 gigs of ram couldnt even run pokemon red.

macs suck.

thats why no serious computer professionals use them.
only namby pamby artists.

i dont really care tho.
if it makes you happy using slow $*% over priced computers its all good.

i dont need customer service cause my computer has never messed up.
and if it did, it would cost me about 450 to get a brand new up to date computer within the hour thats killing any mac.

Dudes on here hype Apple like they get paid from the company.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

they just wanna be part of the club.

go to a starbucks. look at the people who are in there typing away.
what kinda people are they?
guys reading manga or watching anime
girls who would cream their pants for a copy to twilight signed by Ke$ha
guys writing screenplays or doing "homework" in a loud, busy enviroment.
basically all posers and or hipsters and or nerds

basically people buy macs for the same reason they buy any apple product.
its idiot proof and it makes you part of a club.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

they just wanna be part of the club.

go to a starbucks. look at the people who are in there typing away.
what kinda people are they?
guys reading manga or watching anime
girls who would cream their pants for a copy to twilight signed by Ke$ha
guys writing screenplays or doing "homework" in a loud, busy enviroment.
basically all posers and or hipsters and or nerds

basically people buy macs for the same reason they buy any apple product.
its idiot proof and it makes you part of a club.

Mac is the way to go. I was a pc guy at first, but I bought a MAC and never looked back. I just bought my wife a MBP for black friday, shes loving it.
Here are some reasons why I love MAC.

-I dont have to buy a program to protect my computer

-Start up takes less than a minute (PC Takes about 3 min)

-Updates download very fast.

-No lag in anything and programs dont stop running in the middle of things. 

Back
Top Bottom