This Frank Ocean still goes hard.....*Official Thread*

Originally Posted by Noskey

That line pulled on some heart strings when I heard that first for a couple reasons.

Again though, Frank is better imo. Weeknd needs to stray out of the drug/party scene before I can consider him as good or better. Songs like 'American Wedding' and 'Novacane' give F.O. that edge for me. Yeah Novacane is a song about drugs, but he did it better.

Weeknd paints a picture, Frank Ocean writes a movie.
So it is the content?
as for the rest I just don't see it. 
ohwell.gif

That line pulled on some heart strings when I heard that first for a couple reasons.

Again though, Frank is better imo. Weeknd needs to stray out of the drug/party scene before I can consider him as good or better. Songs like 'American Wedding' and 'Novacane' give F.O. that edge for me. Yeah Novacane is a song about drugs, but he did it better.

Weeknd paints a picture, Frank Ocean writes a movie.
So it is the content?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

ps The Lonny Breaux Collection is piff.

pimp.gif
 hope you got the file with 64 tracks..BANGERS! Dude brought me back to RnB alone..then The Weeknd dropped and it was over for everybody else for a while. I had to put Trap or Die in the changer the other day just to try to want to hear some rap 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 hope you got the file with 64 tracks..BANGERS! Dude brought me back to RnB alone..then The Weeknd dropped and it was over for everybody else for a while. I had to put Trap or Die in the changer the other day just to try to want to hear some rap 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theDEEK

Does anyone else feel that being affiliated with Odd Future will ultimately be holding Frank back?

U Got It is
pimp.gif

Not at all. I think he's gonna blow up and stay relevant, even after OFWGKTA hype dies out. U Got It shows us that he can make a radio friendly pop song, while those in the know already KNOW what he's capable of.

Does anyone else feel that being affiliated with Odd Future will ultimately be holding Frank back?

U Got It is
pimp.gif

Not at all. I think he's gonna blow up and stay relevant, even after OFWGKTA hype dies out. U Got It shows us that he can make a radio friendly pop song, while those in the know already KNOW what he's capable of.

Originally Posted by TiDE619

U Got It is
pimp.gif

I gotta agree with Deek here. Frank is a beast but his affiliation with Odd Future definitely affects him. I know it took me mad long to even listen to him since I assumed all them cats were on some horrorcore/weird tip. He's probly opened himself up to a different market than he normally would but he's also scaring off some other people.

U Got It is
pimp.gif

I gotta agree with Deek here. Frank is a beast but his affiliation with Odd Future definitely affects him. I know it took me mad long to even listen to him since I assumed all them cats were on some horrorcore/weird tip. He's probly opened himself up to a different market than he normally would but he's also scaring off some other people.

I actually think the OF hype will help him... With so much attention out there for them it'll bring some noise to his name. From there I think he'll be the most successful member long term...

Plus all these collabs he's got going on will help him as well... Nas, Pharrell, Beyonce, & Celine Dion (rumored).

I actually think the OF hype will help him... With so much attention out there for them it'll bring some noise to his name. From there I think he'll be the most successful member long term...

Plus all these collabs he's got going on will help him as well... Nas, Pharrell, Beyonce, & Celine Dion (rumored).

What's the deal with his current contract? At this point one of the worst things that can happen to him is for him to miss the peak of his buzz due to a label situation.

What's the deal with his current contract? At this point one of the worst things that can happen to him is for him to miss the peak of his buzz due to a label situation.

Originally Posted by mgrand15

U Got It is
pimp.gif

Naw, dude is WELL connected. I'm only halfway through his Lonny Bureaux collection and this guy wrote and did the reference track for John Legend - Quickly off the Evolver album. His stock is definitely gonna keep rising the way Kanye's did once he stopped ghostproducing. 
Lonny Bureaux (Frank Ocean) - Quickly [John Legend reference track]

U Got It is
pimp.gif

Naw, dude is WELL connected. I'm only halfway through his Lonny Bureaux collection and this guy wrote and did the reference track for John Legend - Quickly off the Evolver album. His stock is definitely gonna keep rising the way Kanye's did once he stopped ghostproducing. 

Weeknd needs to stray out of the drug/party scene before I can consider him as good or better.
So it is the content?
ohwell.gif
Lets just focus on the content then. I just see it like this... Weeknd's content isn't bad. It's just not as expansive. Frank Ocean sings about more stuff, I also feel he's more eloquent in his lyrics. This isn't a knock on Weeknd either, you have to factor in how long they've each been in the music business. Frank been around for a while, so he's had more opportunities to perfect his style and work on writing about more than just girls/love. Weeknd should, judging by the quality of 'House of Balloons,' be able to easily increase his lyrical abilities/content over time into something more expansive.

Weeknd needs to stray out of the drug/party scene before I can consider him as good or better.
So it is the content?
ohwell.gif
Lets just focus on the content then. I just see it like this... Weeknd's content isn't bad. It's just not as expansive. Frank Ocean sings about more stuff, I also feel he's more eloquent in his lyrics. This isn't a knock on Weeknd either, you have to factor in how long they've each been in the music business. Frank been around for a while, so he's had more opportunities to perfect his style and work on writing about more than just girls/love. Weeknd should, judging by the quality of 'House of Balloons,' be able to easily increase his lyrical abilities/content over time into something more expansive.

glasses.gif
 I knew he wrote it but never knew there was a track out there with him on it..kinda like this just as much if not more than
the john legend joint..may need a download
nerd.gif

glasses.gif
 I knew he wrote it but never knew there was a track out there with him on it..kinda like this just as much if not more than
the john legend joint..may need a download
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Icecixz

That Hotel California sample, i think its named American Wedding (correct me if im wrong) is AMAZING! Great production, great lyrics, and a very creative expressive artist...i could see him go FAR!
I don't know about that, it wasn't even flipped at all. Frank just sang over the original track. But I get what you're saying though
laugh.gif
. And cosign with everything else.

Originally Posted by Icecixz

That Hotel California sample, i think its named American Wedding (correct me if im wrong) is AMAZING! Great production, great lyrics, and a very creative expressive artist...i could see him go FAR!
I don't know about that, it wasn't even flipped at all. Frank just sang over the original track. But I get what you're saying though
laugh.gif
. And cosign with everything else.

Back
Top Bottom