This Footy Thread is Now Closed, New Thread Link on Last page

Status
Not open for further replies.
40 mill ain't getting you Auba, especially with both Madrid's and City in contention trying to have an all black trident.

C4E6n21WQAI2d2q.jpg:large

Modric's mane is so luxurious

Last edited:
Appreciate the love.

Now that the NFL season is over, footy is all I got. Just happy Meth let me back in here.

Last edited:
Goal line tech+review*

Like the NFL on scoring plays. Crazy thing is goals stop matches anyways so it wouldn't really disrupt the flow of the game that much to the point it isn't worth getting the call right if they take a page out of the NBA with the review center.

Please God NO!

Unless the review can cake literally 2 seconds.

No.

We've all seen more than one goal scored from the keeper distributing the ball quickly up field and someone scoring because defence was still sleepy for a minute there.

The flow and momentum of the game is important.

Yup, easy, just have a replay/review center like the NBA has in NJ. It takes about 2 or 3 angles to at the most to determine if the player was on or off. You could already see that Griezmann was on in the first or second replay of the call. Would delay the game 30 seconds to a minute at most, usually the amount of time a player takes to celebrate and have the ball at midfield already.
If the New Jersey replay center for the NBA is any indication, it most definitely wouldn't delay the game only 30 seconds. That NBA replay system is FAIL. How come the vast majority of the time they have one of those situations in the NBA where they review the call, I, as a mere mortal at home, can see CLEARLY what the call should be when they show the replay, like without a shadow of a doubt, yet that "replay center" takes another minute or so to review it? Sometimes it's ridiculous how clear the call is, yet they still take another minute to make the call. As soon as a person at home can see what the call should be before it is actually called by the refs themselves, that's a FAIL. As if there aren't enough stops already in the NBA.

If they're going to implement any video reffing in football, it should be of a more live and immediate variety. Like have two refs watching huge 4K displays of the game from different angles, and if they see what the call should be, they report it right away to the earpiece of the main ref on the pitch. Also, I really hope that they one day make an offside technology so that the refs on the sidelines can focus on fouls and the "grey-area" calls that require human judgement instead of offside, which is a black-and-white call that could be determined via technology. 

Yup, easy, just have a replay/review center like the NBA has in NJ. It takes about 2 or 3 angles to at the most to determine if the player was on or off. You could already see that Griezmann was on in the first or second replay of the call. Would delay the game 30 seconds to a minute at most, usually the amount of time a player takes to celebrate and have the ball at midfield already.

If the New Jersey replay center for the NBA is any indication, it most definitely wouldn't delay the game only 30 seconds. That NBA replay system is FAIL. How come the vast majority of the time they have one of those situations in the NBA where they review the call, I, as a mere mortal at home, can see CLEARLY what the call should be when they show the replay, like without a shadow of a doubt, yet that "replay center" takes another minute or so to review it? Sometimes it's ridiculous how clear the call is, yet they still take another minute to make the call. As soon as a person at home can see what the call should be before it is actually called by the refs themselves, that's a FAIL. As if there aren't enough stops already in the NBA.

If they're going to implement any video reffing in football, it should be of a more live and immediate variety. Like have two refs watching huge 4K displays of the game from different angles, and if they see what the call should be, they report it right away to the earpiece of the main ref on the pitch. Also, I really hope that they one day make an offside technology so that the refs on the sidelines can focus on fouls and the "grey-area" calls that require human judgement instead of offside, which is a black-and-white call that could be determined via technology. 

That is a MUCH more better idea.

laugh.gif

i wonder if griez would still want to go to united if they are in the europa league next year. 

martial should just leave now. lmao

he definitely wont be playing if united get griez. 

mou was never good at managing and growing young talent. 

Last edited:
Damn didn't even realize champions league footy is Next week.
We are officially in the business end of the season [emoji]128064[/emoji]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom