They sell And 1 in Wal Mart now; Skip 2 My Lou is rolling over in his grave at such a falloff

i remember downloading this video on kazaa and showing all friends whenever theyd come over. ish took lik 3 days to download lol

The shoe I was talking about b4 was called THE CROSSOVER MID to me it was THE BEST AND1 shoe even better than tha tai chis

http://bbs.hupu.com/112207.html

Not tha best colourway but any of you remember these? 99 lockout shortened season Webber,Larry Hughes and spree rocked them heavily

Peace

Scottie

And to think that And 1 had the original performance Crocs.

I think that the And1 guys who went out on their own proved why the higher ups in the company were so profitable and deserved what they made. Their marketing and the negotiation for the distribution was incredible. They knew that the streetball culture as it was portrayed during that time wouldn't last, so they hit it as hard as they could while the iron was hot. Plus when you consider how many guys they were touring, it's easily a couple million in salaries, plus the travel, booking arenas, room & board and you're eating pretty well into the profits of the tour.

When you consider that most minor league players travel almost as long as those guys did and make about half as much, I don't think they made out too bad for only 3-4 months of work.
They toured year round bruh. Once the US was done they went overseas, not to mention there was always something they were pushing through cross marketing like Mountain Dew, Gatorade, in addition to the And 1 brand and their products. The main guys should have made way more than they did, now the off again on again kats like Bone Collector or something, yea throw them a few hundred a game, during the era when they were selling out NBA arenas anyways.
Tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't they start touring worldwide only after the first couple seasons they were on ESPN? I could have sworn during season 2 I heard some of the guys say they were glad it was summer so they would start touring again.

I remember wanting those tees and shorts in middle school..

Still on the look out for them Tai Chi's.. I know they're around, just looking for the right price..

The And1 guys played my school's (Hunter NYC) intramurals champs. It was basically my boys getting manhandled by AO, Circus, and some new cats. Baby Shaq was there too but he did not give a (%@#^
laugh.gif
. I think dude played with a straw in his mouth the entire time, and every chance he got to dunk he just layed it up real soft.
laugh.gif

Tell me if I'm wrong, but didn't they start touring worldwide only after the first couple seasons they were on ESPN? I could have sworn during season 2 I heard some of the guys say they were glad it was summer so they would start touring again.
ESPN got into it well after it had hit its peak, in fact many argue the commercialization of it is what killed the "realness."

Is there any archive to see all and 1 shoes? I have been trying to figure out the name of a pair I had back in the day. They were off court shoes that were low tops.

:x The only thing good about And 1 was the shorts and the mixtapes

Everything else was buns :smh:

I used to always hear that the And 1 squad would get beaten by the Oakland locals.. can anyone confirm this?

Tha OG shorts heavy mesh with tha simple 2/3 colour block design n faceless guy were crack even for a nike only guy like me and as mentioned tha trash talk ts but again they got weak tha longer they ran with them

I remember borrowing them from a friend for weights back in high school and I never game em back. Those were my Thursday practice shorts for the longest. Matter fact I wanna say And 1 with those shorts were the first examples of 'really' baggy shorts.

Haha I tried to pull a Hot Sauce on someone once in practice and my Coach straight threw me out of practice. :lol: Great memories though.

I remember by homeboy tried to make up his own AND1 team, smh, dude was pushing it at school hardbody,smh. Fool made a website and all,lol

Too bad I was the only 1 on it with talent, dude himself sucked.smh. Swore UP AND DOWN he was hotsause. He was more like cold slaw.lol

I was the high flyer. 

(I played Varsity basketball 9-11 grade) 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom