They sell And 1 in Wal Mart now; Skip 2 My Lou is rolling over in his grave at such a falloff

AO played high school ball with Aaron McKie and Rasheed Wallace so yea those dudes are old.

I remember getting those purple starburys back in 97/98 and my basketball uniform was black red and white :lol:
I got those and some shirts back in the day from a footlocker outlet, the shoes were 40 and the tees were under $10 I was sad when that place closed down over a decade ago. I also had them slip on joints and rocked them all summer.

i remember every single damn kid who played basketball had these in middle school, it was ridiculous
roll.gif

img55729089.jpg

glad even as a youngin i still still a nike for life type dude, i thought of And1 as trash back then too
laugh.gif
I had the carolina blue one's. They were comfortable to hoop in. As a kid, I didn't give a freak what hoopin' shoe I had on. As long as I could play in them, I was good.

AO played high school ball with Aaron McKie and Rasheed Wallace so yea those dudes are old.
WTF A.O is 38? Damn son almost old as MJ,lol

I was trippin when I was younger I thought those dudes were in their 20's they all pushing 40. Im almost 23, smh. They dressed, talked and acted like young cats. Lemme guess professor is 46.

I remember AND1 in SLAM mag in tha mid to late 90s

Tha first guy to push AND1 wasnt Marbury or Rafer it was actually Larry Johnson

Tha OG shorts heavy mesh with tha simple 2/3 colour block design n faceless guy were crack even for a nike only guy like me and as mentioned tha trash talk ts but again they got weak tha longer they ran with them

Tha first 6 shirts were dope them and a company called Get Paid were really tha first to do trash talk or slogan ts hood style in the mid 90s

Tha one shoe nobody has mentioned was tha 99 playoff shoe heavily rocked by Webber and of course Spree it laced on the inside diagonaly was 2 tone similar to tha tai chis and the inside of the sole was cut out like tha Reebok pump furys I have no idea of the name though can anybody name them?

And to chime in on these guys not getting paid alot I ran into and talked to Future at West 4th in NY last summer Im from England he was shocked I knew who he was hes literaly scrapeing by he was wearing gear from rucker and had a 2way pager completely beat up.He told me Alimoe can hardly play now due to his diabetes and him Shane an Main travel around putting on shows.

These guys had all that exposure but are still dead broke n in tha hood n Future had Nike money for a minute probably blew it all

Peace
Scottie

Is it that out of control? Unless he has no access to health insurance I mean doesn't he have some sort of diabetic regimen? Exercise is definitely part of it.

Iverson and Hotsauce were my idols back in middleschool :lol: On the way to the rec me and my boy would watch my And 1 mixtape vol.3 tape in my Dads van. Hype as fk lol. But then when we traded in the van i forgot to take the tape out the deck :smh:

ventilation was
smokin.gif

Chosen+Mid1.jpg
And to think that And 1 had the original performance Crocs.
To add on to what DatzNasty said, these guys weren't caking at all considering how much they were on the road. Besides Skip who was a part timer that had a pro ball to fall back on, a lot of these guys had regular gigs or hustled on the street. 1/2 Man 1/2 Amazing and Headache were substitute and gym teachers respectively. The guys that owned And 1 did a lot of these guys dirty in terms of finances considering how much revenue the tour generated outside of apparel and the deal with ESPN among others. Its the reason a lot of the OGs defected.
I think that the And1 guys who went out on their own proved why the higher ups in the company were so profitable and deserved what they made. Their marketing and the negotiation for the distribution was incredible. They knew that the streetball culture as it was portrayed during that time wouldn't last, so they hit it as hard as they could while the iron was hot. Plus when you consider how many guys they were touring, it's easily a couple million in salaries, plus the travel, booking arenas, room & board and you're eating pretty well into the profits of the tour.

When you consider that most minor league players travel almost as long as those guys did and make about half as much, I don't think they made out too bad for only 3-4 months of work.

Last edited:
watching that video now I realize how stupid that was.
Back in the day I remember downloading like a 7 minute mixtape clip on 56.k for like 2 days.
Word, and AOL timing out and disconnecting during peak hours and you gotta start over and turn the monitor off when you go to bed and hope it was done when you wake up.
damn. memoriesssss
laugh.gif

I tried to find pics of all the Marbury models and you cant find them ANYWHERE on the internet.  Made me sad.

Last edited:
I loved And 1 :pimp:

Have a Spain and 1 jersey somewhere...I'll get a pic tomorrow.

And to think that And 1 had the original performance Crocs.

I think that the And1 guys who went out on their own proved why the higher ups in the company were so profitable and deserved what they made. Their marketing and the negotiation for the distribution was incredible. They knew that the streetball culture as it was portrayed during that time wouldn't last, so they hit it as hard as they could while the iron was hot. Plus when you consider how many guys they were touring, it's easily a couple million in salaries, plus the travel, booking arenas, room & board and you're eating pretty well into the profits of the tour.

When you consider that most minor league players travel almost as long as those guys did and make about half as much, I don't think they made out too bad for only 3-4 months of work.
They toured year round bruh. Once the US was done they went overseas, not to mention there was always something they were pushing through cross marketing like Mountain Dew, Gatorade, in addition to the And 1 brand and their products. The main guys should have made way more than they did, now the off again on again kats like Bone Collector or something, yea throw them a few hundred a game, during the era when they were selling out NBA arenas anyways.

Didn't they complain all the time about how little they made? For a while a bunch of them refused to tour because of money.

I still have the NYC edition sprees that Garnett wore as well. Can't remember the name though. Lol

marshmallows on the feet. :pimp: i beat the **** out of those things, the strap was literally hanging off by the end. someone find me a white/blue pair in 11. :lol:

Like stated many times, them dudes were like gods at the time. young dudes were beasting to wanna pull off some of these moves.. The baggy era went hand in hand with And1. Ain't no way you can pull off the ball spin around in your shirt with the shmedium tee style.. I actually asked for a pair of Tai Chi for Xmas back in like 00'. I remember when they came to the Garden in like 05, I was able to go see them play (my mom took me). Got to meet most of them after the game and I still got my And1 sign with their autographs.

(Xmas gift)

Back
Top Bottom