**THEEE Official Washington ******** Offseason Thread** Throwbacks unveiled pg. 21...DreC. approves

I'm kinda torn on what I'd like them to do. There is a dire need for a QB, but I'm not sure how much I'd give up if I was them to move up in that #2 - #4 range. That's what the regime did in the past and it really messed the team up by having a lack of picks. I'm more towards keeping the #6 and either taking Blackmon (assuming RG3 isn't there) or trading down to take the BPA and taking a QB in round 2.

I'm with you on Davis and Landry...as far as Fletcher, I'd LOVE to keep him around. Weird thing is, he WANTS to be here... *shrugs* One of the best ILBs in the NFL and stays underrated.

*I'm a bit skeptical of Flynn...how do we know he's not going to be another Kevin Kolb?  Kolb could turn it around in year 2 in ARI, but he wasn't too good even before the injury.  Could be a cautionary tale of why you don't break the bank for unproven QBs...but Flynn is gonna get paid (by someone) regardless.

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

Originally Posted by retro330

Were gonna win at the minimun 8 games.
I agree. Looking at the schedule there are a lot of winnable games. And out of the 6 divisional games we will win at least 3...

ohwell.gif

At that age how can you be sure Fletch can keep it up at his great level? He's a great person of course, but at his position, it's a gamble to invest major $ at his age.
As for Flynn, you have the right to think that...I see someone who gave the Pats a good fight and torched a Lions team who was really trying to win. Regardless QB is a must and if Shanahan doesn't wanna get canned, he'll take a QB in either scenario...enough F'ing around, get the QB and worry about the rest later. That's what he's getting those big bucks for.

Screw Snyderrato for putting this franchise in a deep hole but Shanahan signed and well, I want to see Success soon...sick of the Skins flirting with mediocrity.

Offensive Line

Switch back to 4-3 defense (You see how Andre Carter is a pro bowler now one yr removed from Skins 3-4)

Upgrade at QB, draft a #1 receiver, and change the name so we can break the ******** curse

Originally Posted by TheGift23

At that age how can you be sure Fletch can keep it up at his great level? He's a great person of course, but at his position, it's a gamble to invest major $ at his age.
As for Flynn, you have the right to think that...I see someone who gave the Pats a good fight and torched a Lions team who was really trying to win. Regardless QB is a must and if Shanahan doesn't wanna get canned, he'll take a QB in either scenario...enough F'ing around, get the QB and worry about the rest later. That's what he's getting those big bucks for.
Oh, no doubt about fletcher....i'd offer a deal w. an EASY out after 2 years max....Dude will be 37 to start next season.  Can't keep it up forever, but he's so damn good and arguably top-3 at his position.

skins have a good roster and a great coach, shanahan hasnt had a QB he can win with since Elway........with the colts firing polian that must have pissed off manning, i dont even think he will allow the colts to trade him....he will tell the owner pay me and keep me or cut me(he is owed 23 mil this year).....he is going to want to be a FA......if they could get him and blackmon they would be super bowl contenders but i dont think peyton would want to play in nfc east because he can't dominate the division.....only way i can see it happening is double what any other team is offering......would you be willing to give peyton manning $100 mil for 5 years? i would take that risk......most likely they will sign flynn and then should draft blackmon......petyon will want to go to 49ers or seahawks

Nah Peyton's injury is to risky for me and he would get hit alot in our div especially because our oline is inconsistent...Another thing is I doubt Peyton would take Shanahan Jr. seriously... I don't agree that he wouldn't be able to dominate our Div tho...I mean even Eli has his big moments in div games.

Nah Peyton's injury is to risky for me and he would get hit alot in our div especially because our oline is inconsistent...Another thing is I doubt Peyton would take Shanahan Jr. seriously... I don't agree that he wouldn't be able to dominate our Div tho...I mean even Eli has his big moments in div games.
RGIII needs to come to DC!!!  I'm no guru so I cant help but look at the Panthers.  Cam, along with a capable offense and some cupcake opponents, got that team 6 wins and a few close ones with an atrocious defense.  Now comes along a comparable QB prospect when our QB problem has been glaring for years.  Solid defense, good RB situation, competent receivers, and an o-line that wont get you killed like it did back in our Campbell days...  Plus Griffin has the legs to escape and create.  Not to mention there are a slew of quality free agent WRs out there if we want to get him some more help.        

Lets stop %%*%!!$ around and do whatever it takes to get to that 2 spot.  Yes, we'd be scouring the barrel for the next couple drafts but I'd rather bet our future on a very promising long-term solution to our worst problem.  I'm tired of being a mediocre team with untapped potential and relying on other teams to put the paper champ Cowboys in their place..

I want NOTHING to do w. Peyton Manning via trade. Picks are just too valuable to give up for a 35 year old QB, who may never regain his old form due to his neck injury. Too risky and has the potential to backfire.

One FA that I'd love to bring in is Stevie Johnson. Dwayne Bowe is a pipe-dream and he'll most likely be franchised.

Originally Posted by DrJDoc26

So if we don't go with a quarterback with the first pick...will it be Blackmon?
Hard to say...I honestly think they'll trade down and get more picks hoping one of the 2nd round QB prospects hits and they fill the rest of the offense...They are so screwed if they can't land RG3 though.
ohwell.gif

Liking the Raheem Morris hire as DBs coach. I hope they get rid of LaRon and find a competant replacement.

Liking the Raheem Morris hire as DBs coach. I hope they get rid of LaRon and find a competant replacement.

I love this move.  He seems like an outstanding human, as dumb as that sounds.  But we better get RG3.  But if we don't i am going to say i trust shanahan. (kinda).  Basically for us to land RG3 its going to take either next years first round pick or this years second and third round pick just to move up 3 spots.  If shanahan doesn't think he is worth that id be fine with Dre Kirkpatrick or even though i don't see him falling Justin Blackmon. 

I really do enjoy watching LaRon play.  But dude can't cover, and only plays about 3 games a year.  So id rather have a consistent replacement.

So scared they may actually go after Peyton from reading ES and Twitter...it's like there trying to put messages out there trying to persuade the fanbase that it would be a good move to sign him and draft a QB in the 2nd. :/ SMH. So pissed they won at SEA and at NY...we lose those and surely RG would be ours. $#$%$#$%% if they go through with that scenario. March can't get here soon enough...gotta stay off these damn sites.
laugh.gif

Washington ******** president of operations Dennis Greene was overheard telling people at a Washington Economic Club luncheon today that a new quarterback has been chosen, “and fans will be elated.

I think the Shanahan's are developing a mancrush on Brandon Weeden

Who do they take at 6 then...

*EDIT*

Now we have some proof of my hunch

According to SI.com's Don Banks, ******** coach Mike Shanahan "loves" Oklahoma State QB Brandon Weeden after coaching him on the Senior Bowl's South roster.

Banks says he heard a "theory recently" that the ******** might trade down into the 20s or back into the 20s to snag Weeden at the tail end of the draft's first round. Weeden is considered pro-ready at the age of 28, and could give Rex Grossman or another veteran stopgap a serious run for the starting job in training camp. The ******** have a defense ready to contend in 2012.

roll.gif
at LaRon hiding his hand injury/surgury...poor guy is done and poor suckers too whoever gives him that last contract.

Like I said before, Fletch is awesome but if he thinks he should get a lot of $ at his age, let him walk.

*Prays RG3 lands in our hand* PLEASE!

PS- How do y'all feel about Vincent Jackson?
We need him.  He's a very good reciever and would be an INSTANT upgrade over what we currently have.  Now...he's 29.  What type of contract are we talking about here? 

I think i would be completely content with trading down into the 20s for Weeden.  I know he is older but lets be honest.  We are probably going to suck this year.  End up with a top 10 pick again next year.  And if weeden doesn't pan out for us we can worry about it next year trying to nap a top tier qb.  But it seems like the dude is low risk really. 
We need WR help bad.  I would love V. Jax.  

RG-III.jpg

We have successfully traded up to the #2 spot. I don't give a damn that they are giving what they gave up....we have been fiddling around way to long with mediocre QBs that we had to take a big gamble like this. Kudos to Shanallen for rolling the dice!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom