THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can someone explain to me why in the past, there would players who played NAIA, JUCO, D2, & D3 drafted, but now it's not a thing? i kinda get why drafting a JUCO no longer happens since if players don't have grades or whatever, they can just go to prep school to fix that issue. i know there are fewer rounds now, but some of the past players were drafted somewhere in the first 60 picks.

Devean George
Charles Oakley
No Tippin Pippen

I took my son to all 82 games and most of the playoff games that year so I’ll gladly break it down for you. Do you have a zoom account?
That must have been a great experience for you and your son.

Do I need a zoom account for you to break down why Scottie Pippen was the difference for the Bulls success in 1988? And why a 55-win team was barely over .500 the next season.

Kawhi would have a great case but I still gotta give the edge on 'clutch' factor to Ray

of those 4, it’s ray

This was the best shot of that kawhi imagine

1587414855768.jpeg

Jordan’s short they were down 1, but it was game 6, but was for the ‘ship.. and was the perfect ending

score was tied with kawhi, so that alone puts it 4th

gotta be ray allen, they were down 3 and spurs were up 3-2 in the series

Kyrie score was tied and there was like 50 seconds left, still huge.. but I’d put it 4th after ray allen and Jordan

of those 4, it’s ray

This was the best shot of that kawhi imagine

1587414855768.jpeg

Jordan’s short they were down 1, but it was game 6, but was for the ‘ship.. and was the perfect ending

score was tied with kawhi, so that alone puts it 4th

gotta be ray allen, they were down 3 and spurs were up 3-2 in the series

Kyrie score was tied and there was like 50 seconds left, still huge.. but I’d put it 4th after ray allen and Jordan
In terms of in the moment importance Kawhi's might be 4th since it would've gone to OT had he missed but the fact that it eliminated a team in a game 7, something that had never happened before, puts it way up there for me.

MJ's shot was as good a storybook send off than any screenwriter could come up with but it doesn't hold as much weight in terms of importance in the moment imo since the series would've continued if he had missed.

Kyrie's was the coldest aesthetically and it was at the end of a finals game 7 so I wouldn't argue anyone having it ahead or behind Kawhi's shot.

Ray's has to be the GOAT to me for all the reasons you mentioned, legacies were altered off of it and the subsequent events from it. The fact that the seal off ropes were already being set up when he swished it makes it all the more momentous/clutch. The trophy would've been wheeled out within seconds had he missed

can someone explain to me why in the past, there would players who played NAIA, JUCO, D2, & D3 drafted, but now it's not a thing? i kinda get why drafting a JUCO no longer happens since if players don't have grades or whatever, they can just go to prep school to fix that issue. i know there are fewer rounds now, but some of the past players were drafted somewhere in the first 60 picks.

Devean George
Charles Oakley
No Tippin Pippen

Influx of international players. Also, there's usually a reason why some players ended up at those schools.

Example: Shawn Kemp was a McDonald's All-American who was headed to Kentucky. He was a blue chip recruit. Except, he wasn't eligible to play. He enrolled at Kentucky, but he was expelled and ended up at a community college. He decided to enter the draft because college just was never going to work out.

Kawhi would have a great case but I still gotta give the edge on 'clutch' factor to Ray

Here's what was left on the shot clock when those four shots were made:

In other words, it's a stupid question. The one with 53 seconds left is clearly the clutchest shot of the four.

There were 53 minutes played after that Ray Allen shot & the Kawhi shot wasn’t even in the finals so those 2 are the first to go.

Cavs game was tied before the shot so I’m leaning Jordan since the Bulls were trailing without the ball, Jordan ripped their star player then drilled the shot to take the lead. Worst case scenario he misses and they go to G7, so you could go with Kyrie too.

I'd prob eliminate the Kyrie shot too. It was clutch but other things had to happen too at the end of the game for the win to happen i.e. K Love's D on Steph, steph's reckless behind the back pass, the Bron block before.

I'm taking MJ.

Yea you’re right. Totally forget his contributions to those games to get them to that point.

Seriously though, Ray's is easily the clutchest of the four.

Here's what happens if each of the four shots are missed:

Kawhi misses: The game goes to overtime with two Sixers starters having 5 fouls and no Raptors player having more than 4. Anyway, this was only the second round. Why is a shot from the second round being mentioned with 3 finals shots?
Kyrie misses: Game is tied, 53 seconds left. Too many possible scenarios to mention with over two full shot clocks of time left.
Jordan misses: The Bulls can foul and assuming the Jazz make both free throws, the Bulls can still tie it with a 3. They could've also grabbed the offensive rebound with 5 seconds left. But if they lose, they still have game 7.
Ray misses: Their only chance is another offensive rebound and 3 point attempt. They could also foul if the Spurs grab the defensive rebound, but would have to rely on them missing both free throws to have a shot at another three. But basically, if he misses, the Heat lose the championship. Statistically BY FAR the most likely scenario of the team behind those four shots losing the championship if those shots don't go in.

Ray's was also the most aesthetically pleasing. Kawhi's was lucky and Jordan's was an offensive foul.

I bought 2k for the first time since 2k14.

Wow this game is beyond trash.

Game really fell of a cliff man. 2K8-2K16 was IT. 17 was straight and 18 was cool...but they went micro transaction and catering to children crazy.

People don’t even play 5 on 5 anymore :smh: :lol:.

I buy it every year...and always disappointed.

The narratives on Lebron would be completely different without two of some of the clutchest shots in NBA history by his teammates.
Yea you’re right. Totally forget his contributions to those games to get them to that point.
What part of his statement suggests that he ignored lebron's contributions?

See, this is why I normally stay out of these threads, people are so emotional to defend their boyfriends that all reading comprehension goes out the window.

On all sides. ALL of you. Butt Boys for Mike, Lebron, Kobe, etc.

No disrespect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom