THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually doesn't "even out" but I feel you. The NBA has to make money and they will make more money by saving the marquee Bron games for later in the season. Just accept it.

It's a pointless gripe to have. Every year the marquee match ups are skewed towards post Christmas. It's better for everyone.

I mean in December there's 9 road games and 5 home games, basically every single game against a playoff team. With back to back road games in Denver and Utah. In March there's 9 roadies and 6 home games, every home game vs playoff teams and a 6 game east coast road trip consisting of 10 straight days on the road. It's pretty even

I find it hilarious how the NBA gave the Lakers a schedule where for the entire first month they don’t travel anywhere outside of the West other than Chicago. They literally don’t have to travel anywhere close to the East other than Chicago and Memphis til December 11th when they finally go on a road trip. Which I’m sure the NBA made sure each of those teams will be playing the Lakers on the second night of a back to back.

Spoken like a man who was gassed by his team being in the East, & then watched them lose there entire western road trip sans one game

You realize it always evens out right?

What's even funnier about this narrative is that playing a rougher schedule early on is probably easier in the long run, they're acting like by the time we see all upper echelon teams later in the season they wouldn't have worked out all the kinks & gained chemistry.

Fact of the matter is your average team is usually better 2-3 months into the season than they would be the first month... but somehow it's some kind of "unfair" advantage

So I did some research. Dating back to 1947, it has only happened one other time.
Screenshot (3).png

Iceman was putting 'em up that game, 49 shots.

I mean in December there's 9 road games and 5 home games, basically every single game against a playoff team. With back to back road games in Denver and Utah. In March there's 9 roadies and 6 home games, every home game vs playoff teams and a 6 game east coast road trip consisting of 10 straight days on the road. It's pretty even

That’s great. The Sixers just had to travel out West for 4 straight road games further than the Lakers have to go for the first two months of the season. It’s a little bit harder to win those at the beginning of the year when your team is still trying to build chemistry.

Spoken like a man who was gassed by his team being in the East, & then watched them lose there entire western road trip sans one game

Lost two one score games in a row to two top 5 teams in the West at full strength and a 5 point loss to the Suns who are 5-3 with their only losses being to the Heat and 1 point losses to the Jazz and Nuggets. None of these 4 games we had Embiid and Ben both in the lineup together outside of the first few minutes against the Jazz.

Your only wins so far vs teams that will be even close to top 5 in their conference have came at home against the Jazz with no Bojan and at home vs the Heat while they were traveling LA on the second night of a back to back with no Winslow.

It actually doesn't "even out" but I feel you. The NBA has to make money and they will make more money by saving the marquee Bron games for later in the season. Just accept it.

It's a pointless gripe to have. Every year the marquee match ups are skewed towards post Christmas. It's better for everyone.
Somewhat, but on a related note it's interesting how the early schedule impacts season long narratives and also the All-Star game

Precisely.

That’s great. The Sixers just had to travel out West for 4 straight road games further than the Lakers have to go for the first two months of the season. It’s a little bit harder to win those at the beginning of the year when your team is still trying to build chemistry.

Lost two one score games in a row to two top 5 teams in the West at full strength and a 5 point loss to the Suns who are 5-3 with their only losses being to the Heat and 1 point losses to the Jazz and Nuggets. None of these 4 games we had Embiid and Ben both in the lineup together outside of the first few minutes against the Jazz.

aite what you want an extra .5 in the win column for that?

So that means yall will have an easy stretch or two or three later in the year when you're in midseason form. Yall get the Lakers at home at the end of a 5 game road trip. Stop the bumbaclot crying

Somewhat, but on a related note it's interesting how the early schedule impacts season long narratives and also the All-Star game

If your team isn't good all season long it really doesn't matter how well you start. It's about how you finish. I could give AF about a narrative tbh

Your only wins so far vs teams that will be even close to top 5 in their conference have came at home against the Jazz with no Bojan and at home vs the Heat while they were traveling LA on the second night of a back to back with no Winslow.

Man sitcho... :lol:

Acting like the 6ers done ran through some super rough schedule. It's still early for all teams.

JD617 JD617

Larry Bird played in an era where dudes stayed on the same teams together for a decade, nobody sat out for load management and players that were 260+ pounds with 40 inch verticals didn’t exist. I think it was a wee bit different back then.

It's insane how good Luka and Trae are already. Like Trae Young at 21 is putting up 24/4/8 making 41% of his 3's while taking 7 game, his defense has taken a leap, BPM has went from -1.1 to 6.2, like anyone who traded for this kind of a prospect would be to the moon,

And the Hawks STILL lost the trade (at least right now) because Luka Doncic is even better than that! That's wild.

JD617 JD617

Larry Bird played in an era where dudes stayed on the same teams together for a decade, nobody sat out for load management and players that were 260+ pounds with 40 inch verticals didn’t exist. I think it was a wee bit different back then.

Right. I'm sure if bird played today he'd be complaining about the schedule on social media in between memes and crying like a baby when he got eliminated from the playoffs

And the Hawks STILL lost the trade (at least right now) because Luka Doncic is even better than that! That's wild.
There were factions of Mavs fans PISSED we traded a couple of picks to make the leap to get Luka. :lol: Dummies.

Son can’t buy White Claws and is already an All-NBA guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom