THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It gets a lot tougher after that. They said on the TV broadcast last night that they have 15 of 20 games (or something like that) coming up fairly soon.
Just checked, December seems like a brutal month for them. You just never know really until the time comes. Injuries, momentum and random regular season stuff can change things pretty quickly

From what we know now, they are in prime position to only have a 2-3 losses by the time December rolls around, which will be an important cushion for them if they want to scale Lebby and AD down later in the year

Just checked, December seems like a brutal month for them. You just never know really until the time comes. Injuries, timing and what not can change things pretty quickly

From what we know now, they are in prime position to only have a 2-3 losses by the time December rolls around, which will be an important cushion for them if they want to scale Lebby and AD down later in the year

They’ve looked good, no doubt. But their schedule has been fairly soft to begin the season. And they caught a couple breaks getting Utah without Bogdonovic and Miami on the second night of back to backs without Winslow. Gotta see what they do when the games get harder before I’m ready to pencil them in for a chip.

All that sad, they chemistry and vibe with the Lakers seems to be a lot better than it was last year. I don’t think Lebby ever was really all in on the kids. He’s seems much happier with a bunch of vets he knows...

Wow dame dropped 60 but still couldn't get the W. How does Embiid have so many games where he shoots under 50 percent. Biggest dude on the floor just doesnt make sense to me I gotta start watching him more

It's already that time of year... FREE KEVIN LOVE.

Send him to Portland. PLEASE.

This really needs to happen for the benefit of both parties, but who does Portland have to trade that Cleveland would want to make the salaries match? CJ doesn’t fit with a rebuild/tank in Cleveland, so not him.

If I was the Cavs, I’d ask for Collins and Simons, then someone else as salary filler. But who?

This really needs to happen for the benefit of both parties, but who does Portland have to trade that Cleveland would want to make the salaries match? CJ doesn’t fit with a rebuild/tank in Cleveland, so not him.

If I was the Cavs, I’d ask for Collins and Simons, then someone else as salary filler. But who?
Whiteside. Cleveland just needs to not win. Just accept the Tank.

When Nurk comes back they're gonna shop Whiteside anyways

So happy i passed out early in the 3rd qrt last night

just woke up to see that 4th qrt and only 13pts scored total jesus christ..

I can already guess embiid had turnovers/looking gassed with lack of effort with noone taking over to control the game

The Coach’s Challenge in the NBA has been just as ridiculous as the penalty challenges in the NFL. Refs don’t wanna admit that they were wrong even if it’s completely blatant so they’ll never turn a call around. It’s just a waste of everyone’s time at this point. Embiid ripped Milsap on a clear steal with like a minute left when it was a 4 point game. Replayed the **** 20 times, slow mo everything and he hit nothing but ball. They keep the foul on the floor as it stands, Embiid gets his 5th foul and the Nuggets proceed to hit a three that makes it a 1 point game. Completely swung the game right there.

Quite honestly after looking at this team so far & how good we look on defense already, i think barring any major injuries i see us grabbing up a third seed (assuming we Rest Bron/AD) pretty easily.

My biggest concern was how this team was goig to perform on that end & Vogel has everyone on the same page from early, And more importantly he has our 2 stars on board. Bron ain't gonna be shutting nobody down or pressing cats full court but he's making the rotations, he's closing out & i think that's happening more because AD is out there playing like he's on a 10 day contract. That's been my biggest takeaway so far, AD is even better on defense then i imagined.

So even if we see a small dropoff i'm sold that we're gonna be a top defense, Top defense + 90% of the time having the two best players on the court = A lot of wins. It also help A lot that the Clippers will likely have a top 4 finish as well, because a matchup against them in the playoffs is still a homecourt.

I find it hilarious how the NBA gave the Lakers a schedule where for the entire first month they don’t travel anywhere outside of the West other than Chicago. They literally don’t have to travel anywhere close to the East other than Chicago and Memphis til December 11th when they finally go on a road trip. Which I’m sure the NBA made sure each of those teams will be playing the Lakers on the second night of a back to back.

I find it hilarious how the NBA gave the Lakers a schedule where for the entire first month they don’t travel anywhere outside of the West other than Chicago. They literally don’t have to travel anywhere close to the East other than Chicago and Memphis til December 11th when they finally go on a road trip. Which I’m sure the NBA made sure each of those teams will be playing the Lakers on the second night of a back to back.

You realize it always evens out right?

You realize it always evens out right?
It actually doesn't "even out" but I feel you. The NBA has to make money and they will make more money by saving the marquee Bron games for later in the season. Just accept it.

It's a pointless gripe to have. Every year the marquee match ups are skewed towards post Christmas. It's better for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom