THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was going to be a more polished Jaylen Brown.

I take the L on THAT, but I still have some stock though.
Same, the pick made sense on paper.

Josh looked decent in the minutes he got this season. Less reckless and more under control in a minimized role.

I thought then...that Fox was the obvious pick at 4.

There's no way I'm drafting on position based on a player of Eric Bledsoe's caliber. no way.

Never was a Jackson guy. Had no basketball moves and couldn't shoot. The whole "next t-mac" thing had me baffled. He just had the build and athleticism.
Don't really agree.

He sucked from the foul line (which could've been telling), but he was a pretty good shooter otherwise. 38% from 3 on 3 attempts per game and shot 51% from the floor. Gave Miles Bridges that work in the tourney. Displayed solid NBA moves.

Definitely the most personality I've seen from JT on All The Smoke.

Said him, PG, and Fred Van FLEET got the top 3 harilines.

Don't really agree.

He sucked from the foul line, but he was a pretty good shooter otherwise. 38% from 3 on 3 attempts per game and shot 51% from the floor. Gave Miles Bridges that work in the tourney. Displayed solid NBA moves.

I honestly couldn't tell you any moves he had. I remember a lot of settling for mid range when he couldn't dribble to the basket or his high level of athleticism bailing him out. He definitely was great in college production wise, just nothing really made think he'd be a good NBA player when I saw him.
I have a bias too because he went to high school i went to so I'd go catch the games whenever they'd have a good team in town and I didn't see anything then. Ayton's team had him in tears and he would throw a fit/get hot headed and lose his composure when thinks weren't going his way in a lot of games against the better talent.

Josh was an old prospect for his class too. Another red flag.

Josh, Shabazz Muhmmad and OJ Mayo ( :frown: ) probably the faces of older freshman. Not sure if there have been old one and done lotto picks that developed into good players.

Definitely the most personality I've seen from JT on All The Smoke.

Said him, PG, and Fred Van FLEET got the top 3 harilines.
JC snubbed
k7obtlclne841.jpg

Loved episode 7 and 8! The whole documentary so far has been amazing! Nothing better than true competition. Pulled these 2 out from my vault, bought both at O’Hare Jordan/ Bulls store in 98, my first time in the US and I was broke already while switching flights. Teenage sizes, the reversible practice top barely fits. Anybody else still got practice gear from the last dance season?
I'd damn near kill for the reversible practice jersey. When it was announced the Nike would be getting the NBA contract back, that was the first thing that popped into my head.

Of course Nike let me down big time :smh:

I kept hearing that Bill Self holds players back. From Wiggins to Josh Jackson. Maybe his system really doesnt and they're just not as good as we think?

I had plenty of stock in Josh. Versatile wing defenders were just starting to catch on full time, his stupidity really held him back.

Always players like him with sky high potential. Anthony Randolph being another one.

James Worthy’s performance in Game 7 of the 1988 NBA Finals is criminally under appreciated. 36 point trip-dub against an elite defensive team.

Just finished re-watching this entire series the other day and what he did that entire series is disgustingly underappreciated.

James Worthy’s performance in Game 7 of the 1988 NBA Finals is criminally under appreciated. 36 point trip-dub against an elite defensive team.

Did you say under appreciated? You know that game single handedly won him the Finals MVP, right? Even though Magic had a clearly better series overall:

1988 finals.png

So much like Magic robbed Kareem of his Finals MVP based on one game of a 7-game series in 1980, Worthy did the same thing to Magic 8 years later. In the end, everything balances out perfectly. Except for Kareem, of course.

Still have some Josh Jackson stock, mainly enough to claim he may be a good rotational player someday, but I sold off most of the stash when I found out that boy might only have half a mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom