THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing though is, you gotta be careful with who you do it too. I've seen situations escalate crazy at the park where cats talk crazy to strangers they don't know and the situation escalates to another level. I hate trash talk, but I know it's part of the game, however, if you cross certain lines and start calling me out of my name, I won't hesitate in punching you.

Yeah, I never started the **** talk to dudes I don't know but if they got me started I was like "aight, that's where we at...."

Kobe was a different type ahole, simply just an ahole. He wasn't wired like Jordan

This doesn't make sense :lol:

Mike making up that LeBradford story reminds me of Shaq and David Robinson :lol: :lol:

Exactly what I thought of and my post below :lol:
I think all three of these scenarios - Mike hating the Bad Boys, Jimmy Butler saying he was the 1, 253rd ranked player and Shaq making up that David Robinson snubbed him of an autograph - are all examples of how athletes, as well as very successful people, often create or modify narratives to motivate them to go the extra mile which is what has allowed them to excel. It sounds ****ed up but self-manipulation can work and in these extreme cases, the more you say it and others run with it, the more you actually begin to believe it even though you know it's not true.

I am by no means saying this makes them off but it is a unique intangible within their DNA that makes them great at what they do.

They won, but not like Michael. In today's PC society, Michaels way doesn't seem effective, but it works and it worked well for him. IMO most men do better when under pressure. Imagine your co-worker pointing every single mistake you have at work. You're gonna make sure you show up and on top. You're gonna want to outdo them. VS Y'all all cool and just trying to do the right and allowing mistakes to pass.

I never said Mike's way wasn't effective though. It definitely did work for him but as his teammates said, they not really rocking with yo, they just gotta put up with it. Fine line between leadership and just disrespect, to which his teammates literally said he crossed the line.

All I'm saying that it's totally capable to win big without crossing the line and disrespecting people.

the reality is if you’re immunocomprimised or you’re simply scared to catch it then you can stay home.
Exactly!

Well, immunocompromised, scared to catch it, or able to transport it.

All of those people should stay home.

????

last i check that adds up to....everybody.
tenor (11).gif

I never said Mike's way wasn't effective though. It definitely did work for him but as his teammates said, they not really rocking with yo, they just gotta put up with it. Fine line between leadership and just disrespect, to which his teammates literally said he crossed the line.

All I'm saying that it's totally capable to win big without crossing the line and disrespecting people.
IT depends on your personnel. If you had a bunch of JR smiths on your team and they all sorts of foolishness and the allure of winning a championship doesn't move them, then you gotta find other means. You mentioned Tim Duncan, but look at the environment. IF they had a player that wasn't serious and wouldn't get with their program, then they would be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom