THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as all-time SFs go though, I'm really, really interested in seeing what the next 5 or so years of Kawhi's career looks like. He'll never have the regular season accolades, but playoff performance and accomplishments could be at an all-time level.

As far as all-time SFs go though, I'm really, really interested in seeing what the next 5 or so years of Kawhi's career looks like. He'll never have the regular season accolades, but playoff performance and accomplishments could be at an all-time level.
I doubt if he ever sniffs his performance from last year's playoffs. All downhill from there

antidope antidope

Can you explain how knowing about his gambling issues would put a black eye on basketball and not just on Jordan?
Really dude? The most famous and iconic team sport athlete who also owns a basketball team being outed as someone who gambled on the game would be terrible.

I'm not very in tune with baseball but the Pete Rose thing was a huge deal, now imagine if that was Micheal Jordan. PLUS Stern sweeping it under the rug? The NBA would take a financial and marketability hit.

Really dude? The most famous and iconic team sport athlete who also owns a basketball team being outed as someone who gambled on the game would be terrible.

I'm not very in tune with baseball but the Pete Rose thing was a huge deal, now imagine if that was Micheal Jordan. PLUS Stern sweeping it under the rug? The NBA would take a financial and marketability hit.
The NBA would never financially recover from that

Yes, REALLY "dude."

Jordan has been retired for almost 20 years now.

Unless info leaked that Jordan was fixing games, I can't see how the CURRENT NBA product would take a hit for something that happened in the Mid 90s.

But simply HIM doing his own thing, nah.

Magic, Bird, Scottie and Mike all hated Isiah's guts. That's enough to get you kicked off any team.
Dumars was being considered as well and didn't make it. Being a Bad Boy had consequences.

BINGO!

Are Joe Dumars & Isiah Thomas still close in present day?

I felt like Joe Dumars was taking shots at Zeke in this podcast interview he did with BJ Armstrong. He said something to the effect of you can't boast about being called a Bad Boy and then complain about people not liking you years later.

Yes, REALLY "dude."

Jordan has been retired for almost 20 years now.

Unless info leaked that Jordan was fixing games, I can't see how the CURRENT NBA product would take a hit for something that happened in the Mid 90s.

But simply HIM doing his own thing, nah.
Agree to disagree man. I just don't see how this couldn't have a touchpoint with the league itself now especially if the cover-up portion is true.

But I'd rather not be proven right or wrong it should all stay buried

Agree to disagree man. I just don't see how this couldn't have a touchpoint with the league itself now especially if the cover-up portion is true.

So just to be clear, you fully believe Jordan's gambling issues were intertwined with the actual NBA? (I am NOT saying that is a far-fetched idea).

Last edited:

You want the truth to stay buried because a mega corporation worth nearly $100 billion could maybe possibly lose a few dollars?

So just to be clear, you fully believe Jordan's gambling issues were intertwined with the actual NBA? (I am NOT saying that is a far-fetched idea).

Yes. I believe he was gambling on his own games with a fair level of regularity and it was discovered by the league.

You want the truth to stay buried because a mega corporation worth nearly $100 billion could maybe possibly lose a few dollars?
I feel like you're trolling me.

I feel like you're trolling me.
I'm trying to understand what you're actually saying. That seems like the gist of it. You don't want the NBA to lose money or look bad. So you'd rather be lied to and want everyone else to be lied to as well. As much as Jordan is snitching in this doc, you don't think the truth about him should come out because he's 'suffered enough'.

antidope antidope

Man, whatever is done in darkness will eventually come to light. If Jordan was gamling on NBA games and it was covered up, it needs to come out. That messes with the integrity of competition. (Not that I think there has been or will ever be integrity in billion dollar sports leagues).

I am with BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE on this one, what are you hoping is protected here? Corruption? Nah.

Basketball won't be deleted from the Earth.

It's been about a week since I've heard of nba resuming in Disney. I'm guessing that gained no real traction.

They may still be working on it, but the last thing I saw about it was the league realizing how massive a logistical undertaking it would be and wondering if they could have the COVID testing capacity in place to make it work. So I don’t know that the idea is dead, it’s just not going to happen soon.

It's been about a week since I've heard of nba resuming in Disney. I'm guessing that gained no real traction.

Sounds like Italy is going to resume individual work outs for their footballers starting on May 18. We're over a month behind them. That should tell you a lot about how close we are to resuming the season, anywhere. Probably hard to secure a facility for an actual game without any sort of frame of reference for sports resuming.

yeah i get that and i think are mostly deluding themselves with 80's nostalgia.

my point is any fare assessment of the facts says it's totally reasonable to say we are only gunna have 1 nostalgia spot.
I mean Magic didn’t lose that often. When Cap was on the team the list is pretty short. Philly, Hakeem, the Celtics, and.... the Pistons. Zeke’s G6 in ‘88 is one of the most iconic performances in finals history. Pistons lose that series in 7, sweep the Lakers next year. Cap retires, Magic watches Zeke win finals MVP. Of course Magic (and Larry for that matter) would have a great respect for him. Nothing nostalgic about that

I'm trying to understand what you're actually saying. That seems like the gist of it. You don't want the NBA to lose money or look bad. So you'd rather be lied to and want everyone else to be lied to as well. As much as Jordan is snitching in this doc, you don't think the truth about him should come out because he's 'suffered enough'.
It's less about Jordan than it is about the league itself but yes. The point about Jordan was that if people are really looking for him to face consequences or what have you, the death of his father as a result of all of this (Allegedly) covers that.

It's less about Jordan than it is about the league itself but yes. The point about Jordan was that if people are really looking for him to face consequences or what have you, the death of his father as a result of all of this (Allegedly) covers that.
The death of his father was the consequence of his gambling. You want to hide the truth so that he (and the NBA) don't face any consequences for getting his father killed. Allegedly.

The death of his father was the consequence of his gambling. You want to hide the truth so that he (and the NBA) don't face any consequences for getting his father killed. Allegedly.

What consequence would you like for him or the league to face if that is case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom