THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubles at the best guys. Slow footed bigs galore. The defensive schemes were just basic. They’re so much more advanced today
I think NO doubles on the stars is a stretch, but I'm sure you didn't mean that literally so there's no point in arguing the semantics there. I can totally see the other 2 points.

So what if the contention was that it was less schematic but far more physical?

Had dudes that weren't particularly known for being high level defenders straight up on an island against guys like MJ.

This isn't a knock against MJ at all either, as I for sure think he would've been just as dominant now by adapting his game. Would be Kawhi-ish as others have said.

MJ dropped 30 ppg in 3 consecutive decades. Yet people still talking about todays defenses. His scoring would be exactly the same if not more today with emphasis on the 3 ball and shorter shot clock

90% of the league still plays garbage defense.

Caught the first two episodes of the doc on Netflix this morning:

-As a GM, I understand wanting to reshape the roster and not hold on to a team that while having championship pedigree had an aging core that were on their last legs; but to tell the coach that won you 5 of those thangs that he could go undefeated and wouldn't be brought back while also knowing that would alienate your best player and essentially ship him out the door as well is crazy.

- Krause did a great job constructing those Bulls' team but his ego really got the best of him. Reinsdorf was a whole *** for enabling Krause like that too

- "Innocent" MJ and the cocaine room. :lol:

- Pippen was really disrespected. :smh: He did himself no favors by signing that deal though.

- MJ and Scottie constantly going at Krause's neck.
1587394952497.png

- Bill Wennington looking like Big Show

- I forgot how fire those late 90s shooting shirts were. I had that same Bulls one. The Kicks too, the 13s and the Pippens. :pimp:

- That Bulls intro is legendary man.

This isn't a knock against MJ at all either, as I for sure think he would've been just as dominant now by adapting his game. Would be Kawhi-ish as others have said.

The way you positively highlight the skills and accomplishments of players not named LeBron yet severely downplay them at the same damn time all while using the teflon veil of "as others have said" is truly masterful. "MJ would still be dominant and he would be Kawhi-ish as others have said"...."Steve is the best Robin and a great underdog as others have said."

It's a talent. I can't knock it.

The way you positively highlight the skills and accomplishments of players not named LeBron yet severely downplay them at the same damn time all while using the teflon veil of "as others have said" is truly masterful. "MJ would still be dominant and he would be Kawhi-ish as others have said"...."Steve is the best Robin and a great underdog as others have said."

All factuals!

BronSox

No doubles at the best guys. Slow footed bigs galore. The defensive schemes were just basic. They’re so much more advanced today
As we touched on last night, conversely it’s also more difficult to defend in today’s game

Give Jordan today’s spacing, driving lanes, more chances to get fouled and the fact that defenses scheme to let midrange fly and I think Jordan would still put up huge scoring numbers

What does any of this have to do with LeBron?

Your obsession with him is weird.

You're my dude by bro.....

TP getting 2 crazy buckets in the last 2 min of this Game 5 :wow:
San Antonio losing this game is CRAZY.
Kinda forgot about Bron hitting that 3 there after throwing up a brick just before that.
Shuttlesworth :pimp:
Bosh defense was SERIOUS in this game.
Year 2 Kawhi was a dog.
Spurs defense on Bron was so bad in this Game 7. Just giving him wide open jumpers to a fault all game.
Yeah I assume you aren't watching this game right now then. They were sagging off him all game and he was hitting shots all game. Going into the 4th. Daring him to shoot, he was making shots, and there was no adjustment.

To be fair though, Bron is an unstoppable player if he's hitting jumpers.
Year 2 Kawhi with 19 and 16 in Game 7. DOG.

You were in here all night talking about the Heatles/Bron related events while everyone else was talking MJ/Pip. I even have half a mind to think you were slick enough to big up Kawhi yesterday so you could point back to that today when you compared MJ to him.

wavycrocket wavycrocket and most of us didn't bring Bron into this. You did.

You're my dude by bro.....

You were in here all night talking about the Heatles/Bron related events while everyone else was talking MJ/Pip. I even have half a mind to think you were slick enough to big up Kawhi yesterday so you could point back to that today when you compared MJ to him.

wavycrocket wavycrocket and most of us didn't bring Bron into this. You did.
You do realize that they were playing the Spurs/Heat games 6 and 7 on NBATV last night after the MJ doc correct? I wasn't just talking about the games for no reason at all. Someone else, I think P C H P C H or Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat made the Kawhi comparison last night. I was simply referring to that.

Please do better. You are sounding foolish.

As we touched on last night, conversely it’s also more difficult to defend in today’s game

Give Jordan today’s spacing, driving lanes, more chances to get fouled and the fact that defenses scheme to let midrange fly and I think Jordan would still put up huge scoring numbers
Yea, I’m not speaking on what MJ would do in this era at all. Of course he would still put up huge scoring numbers. Just talking about how bad the schemes were.

So what if the contention was that it was less schematic but far more physical?
Sure. But handchecking isn’t allowed today. And much of the “physical” play that was lauded then isn’t looked at as favorably now. We don’t want to watch the best guys getting hacked like the Pistons would do Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom