THEE OFFICIAL 2019-2020 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: VICTORY LAP

Which team is most overrated? (Pick two)

• Clippers

• Celtics

• Seventy Sixers

• Bucks

• Rockets

• Nuggets

• Jazz

• Nets

• Warriors

• Pacers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else have Sling Orange? It comes with ESPN but I haven't been able to find the recording to watch. Fell asleep before 9 last night...

FailingLavishGander-size_restricted.gif

Pop is one of the greatest coaches ever & in a finals, his strategy was to allow prime Bron to take jumpers & it actually worked up until game 7, speaks volumes.

That part still holds true for me. My post is a defense of Krause if anything. He's the en vogue punching bag today but not everything he did was on him being envious
To be fair, he was an en Vogue punching bag back then too. I definitely remember my dad always calling him Crumbs back then too.

It's interesting that people didn't know about Scottie Pippen's crappy contract. I thought it had been pretty well publicized. Phil Jackson wrote about it in his book 11 Rings

This doc should definitely dispel the notion that some sort of incredible defense was played in the 80s and 90s compared to today.
People see what they want.

How has this document supported your narrative that 80s/90s defense is overrated?

Mike iso-ing on one side of the floor while the other defender's are hugging the other Bulls. Reflective of the rules at the time.

People see what they want.

How has this document supported your narrative that 80s/90s defense is overrated?
Combo of rules in place at the time and talent disparity.

A common thing you hear people say (even some of my friends), is that they don't love the NBA because they don't play defense like they did back then. It just isn't true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom