THEE OFFICIAL 2010-2011 MIAMI HEAT PLAYOFFS THREAD : CONGRATS MAVS FANS

Originally Posted by RavageBX

I think what people fail to realize is that "clutch" players miss shots to win games all the damn time. Way more frequently than you realize. Even MJ owned up to this. Players who excel at hitting clutch shots usually get known for it because it shows up on highlights and in news headlines while the misses usually get swept under the rug. The difference with this Heat team is that the camera and public eye has been on them every minute of every game this season. There's no sweeping anything under the rug. Could they have made a bunch of the shots they missed? Yes, but its really not as big a deal as many of you have made it out to be. Eventually some of those shots will start to fall. Ignoring how players have statistically performed in the clutch is ridiculous.
Good post.

"Kobe has as much/more game winners last year than Lebron has had his whole career."

Buzzer beaters? Sure. But shots that tie the game or put his team ahead? LBJ's got PLENTY. They actually keep track of these things and people blatantly choose to overlook it.

Not this all even matters really. LBJ often has played well before GW shot situations of games where his team wins games without GW shots. That's a factor of GW shots that is often overlooked.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by North Dade Represent

Brand made a great play, I can't really knock Lebron on this one.
Trust a lot people ain't going to see it like that but I agree.

LeBron could've gone up stronger and drew more contact. I think I agree with @RealSkipBayless when he says LBJ isn't fond of being forced to make a couple FTs at the end of the game. He's not exactly Ray Allen at the line.

Aint you dead? I saw the body
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

I think what people fail to realize is that "clutch" players miss shots to win games all the damn time. Way more frequently than you realize. Even MJ owned up to this. Players who excel at hitting clutch shots usually get known for it because it shows up on highlights and in news headlines while the misses usually get swept under the rug. The difference with this Heat team is that the camera and public eye has been on them every minute of every game this season. There's no sweeping anything under the rug. Could they have made a bunch of the shots they missed? Yes, but its really not as big a deal as many of you have made it out to be. Eventually some of those shots will start to fall. Ignoring how players have statistically performed in the clutch is ridiculous.
Good post.

Great game but disappointing results ..... LBJ going to the basket was the right idea but you've got to draw a foul on that as opposed to shying away from the basket as you go up for a layup. Either way, the Sixers were prepared for that clearly. I'd have to say though, this may not bother LeBron as much as people may make it seem. Sure he's disappointed at being inefficient at closing games this season but these are very simple issues to correct. Spo needs to run better sets to close games out for sure but I'll live with Bron going to the Basket any day over a jumper.

Originally Posted by bdis1986

Originally Posted by Fatherless Child

Celtics will murder the heat. Bron will look around and say damn, nothings changed
laugh.gif

only team Celtics is murdering is the Knicks ..
laugh.gif
Unfortunately. Another miss in the clutch but at the end of the day the Heat are still gonna end up in the finals 
ohwell.gif
 As much as I hate the Heat I'm really gonna enjoy laughing at all the people who are going to have to eat crow.

This.

Celtics beating the Heat
roll.gif
...Use your common sense b...

You got your own man Garnett saying Joel Anthony is a problem
laugh.gif

LeBron wants to play the Celtics
smokin.gif

went to go to a funeral today. but seeing bron unclutch and the heat losing makes me feel better #worldisbetterwhenheatlose

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

only team Celtics is murdering is the Knicks ..
laugh.gif
Unfortunately. Another miss in the clutch but at the end of the day the Heat are still gonna end up in the finals 
ohwell.gif
 As much as I hate the Heat I'm really gonna enjoy laughing at all the people who are going to have to eat crow.

This.

Celtics beating the Heat
roll.gif
...Use your common sense b...

You got your own man Garnett saying Joel Anthony is a problem
laugh.gif

LeBron wants to play the Celtics
smokin.gif
celtics heat is a toss up imo.     home court in the series is going to be huge,    not in the since that miami has a great home court advantage or anything because they honestly don't  but not having to play a potential game 7 in boston is huge. 

if miami can't control rondo their losing the series,  but defensively miami is better then people give them credit for and is a million times better then the knicks defense wise.

Are some of you dumb? The celtics beat the heat twice this year without Perkins lol the celtics will run through heat in 6 games - mark my words. The heat have no experience going up against a championship team like the celtics. Laugh up all you want but the Celtics got the east on lock.

Come on knick fans! Your eliminated already! Do something else than troll on the miami heat thread!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EMM23

Come on knick fans! Your eliminated already! Do something else than troll on the miami heat thread!
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yeah right. knicks done. rangers done. all my focus is on hating the heat
laugh.gif
but i hate boston too
ohwell.gif
so if yall win there will be a nice silver lining.

i'm gonna be bi polar watching heat vs celtics

ohwell.gif

Wade should've defended Lou Williams' first 3 better instead of sagging off of him.

And Bron needs to start pulling up just short of the rim instead of driving all the time at clutch moments.

Anyways, let's close this out on Wednesday.
pimp.gif

Nahh...Sixer's got lucky! Next game will be all over.
pimp.gif
...And then next stop the Celtics.
smokin.gif

Are some of you dumb? The celtics beat the heat twice this year without Perkins lol the celtics will run through heat in 6 games - mark my words. The heat have no experience going up against a championship team like the celtics. Laugh up all you want but the Celtics got the east on lock.

The hate in this one is strong ..
laugh.gif

The hate in this one is strong ..
laugh.gif
Look at his sn

at the knicks and cavs fans in here after the loss... yall was ghost when we was up 3-0.... cavs didnt make it to the playoffs and knicks got smashed on... yall didnt even put up a fight, not even slap boxing.... our playoff thread will go on while the cavs never started one and the knicks will talk about hyping up the next big FA they can sign, but will never get...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

at the knicks and cavs fans in here after the loss... yall was ghost when we was up 3-0.... cavs didnt make it to the playoffs and knicks got smashed on... yall didnt even put up a fight, not even slap boxing.... our playoff thread will go on while the cavs never started one and the knicks will talk about hyping up the next big FA they can sign, but will never get...

Trizzo let it go fam and lets stay focused on our squad ... We have no business resorting or stooping to their level so let's not perpetuate what they want our thread to become; senseless trolling and hate against the Heat. Plus many of us have already warned them of said trolling and if continued will be reported. I'm not coming into our thread to see that foolishness
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
yeah i know.. we stayed quiet for a while... i was gone for a couple says and see all this +$@# talking and felt like saying something...
didnt take to many pics of the bday because our camera got messed up.. i bought a chocolate fountain that was a big hit... went through a bottle of patron, henny, henny vsop, belvedere..
anyways, on to the next game... lets close out in miami...

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I was at Games 3 & 4.  I just wanted to post this one...... #ShowYaLuv 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

img1335y.jpg
You mad close to the jumbotron, though. #poor

J.K yall played well in game 4.

Back
Top Bottom