The Wire Turns 10 ...

I'm not trying to put down Breaking Bad at all, in fact its the only show I feel holds any candle to the Wire
To quote Walt
"Its grade school tee ball vs. the New York Yankees"
ohwell.gif
Really, what about The Shield?  Southland is dope to

Classic show, no other word to describe it. The setting, the actors, the dialogue.. everything was perfect.

GOAT Series!!

i really wish David Simon wouldve gotten a deal for season 6. From what i've read it wouldve been about the hispanic community in Baltimore. damn, what couldve been :smh:

great show still watch it when its on demand. best seasons to me were 1&3 worst s5

the wire 2002-2008 :smokin

the shield 2002-2008 :smokin

the sopranos 1999-2007 :smokin

the only 3 tv's shoes i have watched in the past 13 years

and i saw them all on dvd on non of them regular cable

the best way to really enjoy any of these programs

Last edited:
STILL haven't seen one episode. :smh:

I've been waiting for a good deal on the box set, but haven't seen one in a looooong minute.

wire fans gona tell me the first 5/6 episodes of season 2 were good... i started the show in april.. got thru the 1st season fine, i understood the direction the show was headed. season 1 ends then all of a sudden im watching an hours worth of that case about those dead broads, like 26 seconds worth of barksdale stuff.

i told everyone to **** and not to tell me anything about the show so i can watch it as if the show started the day i started watching. i was assuming that the show would be about the barksdale investigation, and having to watch the uninteresting and unrelated port of baltimore case was like wtf to me. 

its like if breaking bad in season 2 suddenly switched from walt and jesse to badger and that other dirty fiend being investigated for selling dirt weed or something. i feel like skipping season 2 of the wire in its entirety because it just put me to sleep. 

i know i know, i "just dont get it":rolleyes

It's not about "getting it". Season 2 is the backbone of the entire series. And the port is "unrelated"? How do you think the drugs were getting into Baltimore? It's ALL related lol.

The GOAT.
pimp.gif

And
mean.gif
@ myself for being pissed at the change in direction of Season 2 during my initial watching. I, like a lot of people were pissed that Simon shifted the focus from the Barksdale crew to Sobtka and the Port.

After I watched the entire series i realized how integral Season 2 was for shaping the framework for the rest of the series and really grew to appreciate it.

It's a goddamn travesty that  The Wire never won a single Emmy.
mean.gif

GOAT Series!!

i really wish David Simon wouldve gotten a deal for season 6. From what i've read it wouldve been about the hispanic community in Baltimore. damn, what couldve been :smh:

Would be crappy with McNulty out of the mix though.

GOAT Series!!
:wow: :wow:

the head butting and constant struggle between minorities...

the insight of the mexican family structure...

the wire is already the greatest piece of media of all time...

that 6th season would have literally been too much epicness.

Last edited:
It's not about "getting it". Season 2 is the backbone of the entire series. And the port is "unrelated"? How allo you think the drugs were getting into Baltimore? It's ALL related lol.
all of this..

i thought the same thing... season 2 was BUNS...

on my second go around, i realized how awesome it was...

it tore me up lowkey when the boy Ziggy did what he did...

smh...

Back
Top Bottom