The Wire....sucks. (The Shield is wayyy better)

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by TheRav4

The Wire is the greatest series of all time. And I have a bad habit thinking that anyone that doesn't agree with me is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on.
eyes.gif

Interesting post, seeing as though I think the inverse.

So you think that anyone who thinks the Wire is the greatest series of all time is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on?

You think that all the critics and objectively intelligent reviewers who proclaim it as such are simply not smart enough to understand?

I can understand not liking the show, kind of, not really, but saying something like that is just ignorant. And I mean ignorant in the correct way, not like lots of NTers use it.
Exactly, just as ignorant as the post I quoted. Which was my point.

I apologize for having my own opinion- but several people agree with me, just nobody on NT.

Originally Posted by The Yes Guy

Originally Posted by TheRav4

The Wire is the greatest series of all time. And I have a bad habit thinking that anyone that doesn't agree with me is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on.
eyes.gif

Interesting post, seeing as though I think the inverse.

So you think that anyone who thinks the Wire is the greatest series of all time is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on?

You think that all the critics and objectively intelligent reviewers who proclaim it as such are simply not smart enough to understand?

I can understand not liking the show, kind of, not really, but saying something like that is just ignorant. And I mean ignorant in the correct way, not like lots of NTers use it.
Exactly, just as ignorant as the post I quoted. Which was my point.

I apologize for having my own opinion- but several people agree with me, just nobody on NT.

I read your post Cake the day you posted it, and I thought it was a good way to end this thread. I pretty much already agreed to everything you said in your third paragraph.

I don't know what kind of rebuttal you're looking for. I've already said The Wire beats The Shield in terms of realism. And for the little Easter eggs on the Wire, it doesn't really add much to the show for me. But that's because I'm not from Bmore.

*EDIT*

Actually, I do have something to say. Vic Mackey's acting was BY FAR better than anyone on the Wire. Claudette's and Dutch's acting was also better than anyone on the Wire. In terms of acting, I don't know how people can say The Wire is better than the Shield in that category.

I read your post Cake the day you posted it, and I thought it was a good way to end this thread. I pretty much already agreed to everything you said in your third paragraph.

I don't know what kind of rebuttal you're looking for. I've already said The Wire beats The Shield in terms of realism. And for the little Easter eggs on the Wire, it doesn't really add much to the show for me. But that's because I'm not from Bmore.

*EDIT*

Actually, I do have something to say. Vic Mackey's acting was BY FAR better than anyone on the Wire. Claudette's and Dutch's acting was also better than anyone on the Wire. In terms of acting, I don't know how people can say The Wire is better than the Shield in that category.

You...are...I'm not even gonna start.

I just recently watched both series and there is no way in hell that The Shield is better than The Wire. By the 6th season of The Shield, I was pretty much forcing myself to finish the rest of the series because I was so far in already. The Wire kept me interested until the series finale.

The Sopranos/The Wire > *

You...are...I'm not even gonna start.

I just recently watched both series and there is no way in hell that The Shield is better than The Wire. By the 6th season of The Shield, I was pretty much forcing myself to finish the rest of the series because I was so far in already. The Wire kept me interested until the series finale.

The Sopranos/The Wire > *

laugh.gif

by the second season of the Wire, I was forcing myself to watch the rest of it to see whow people can say that The Wire is better than the Shield.

But really? After the EPIC Season 5 Finale, you didn't want to to find out what was gonna happen next? you're straight up lying.

laugh.gif

by the second season of the Wire, I was forcing myself to watch the rest of it to see whow people can say that The Wire is better than the Shield.

But really? After the EPIC Season 5 Finale, you didn't want to to find out what was gonna happen next? you're straight up lying.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

laugh.gif

The series finale sucked. Any "true" wire fan should be able to admit that.

I have never seen the shield, but I would think a wire fan would have more to say than wire > ______ as an argument for their cause.

laugh.gif

I have never seen the shield, but I would think a wire fan would have more to say than wire > ______ as an argument for their cause.

You come into Wire related threads always arguing how bad the show is. We get it. You don't like it.

You come into Wire related threads always arguing how bad the show is. We get it. You don't like it.

Smooth.

simpsons_handshake.jpg

Smooth.

simpsons_handshake.jpg

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Funniest scene of the series was when McNulty went to pick Bunk up from ol girls crib and foolie had burned his clothes to remove trace evidence

"You give me that ({}) then gone take my shoes?!?!?! .... *nodding off* THAT AINT RIGHT"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
yea thats what most people on here say
but im goin to have to go with when marlo seen white dude(forget his name) in levy's office and said somethin like "you ever find that camera" and then chuckled.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Funniest scene of the series was when McNulty went to pick Bunk up from ol girls crib and foolie had burned his clothes to remove trace evidence

"You give me that ({}) then gone take my shoes?!?!?! .... *nodding off* THAT AINT RIGHT"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
yea thats what most people on here say
but im goin to have to go with when marlo seen white dude(forget his name) in levy's office and said somethin like "you ever find that camera" and then chuckled.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom