The Wire....sucks. (The Shield is wayyy better)

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I take it my response was adequate enough to quell this discussion huh
laugh.gif

.......yeah right, it'll come up again. give it 3-6 months
eyes.gif

- plus, lets be honest, i dont even think any of 'them' even read what you wrote. i mean, if they cant even sit still long enough to watch the wire i doubt they'll take the time out to read and fully comprehend what you said. ive written similar responses in Wire threads before going into detail of each season, i even made it short and attempted to dumb it down and they still didnt read it
ohwell.gif

I'm actually looking forward to thier response, I tried to be as concise and to the point as possible without going into great depth, because like you stated you can write entire thesis on a single season alone.  I just answered the questions he stated noone had prior and waited patiently for the next set/rebuttal which has yet to come.

Whitaker and Lithgow in Dexter are probably top ten my favorite characters of all time.

No particular order

Whitaker in the Shield
Lithgow in Dexter
Hurley in Lost
Jonesy from Carnivale
Sutherland in 24
Sawyer in Lost
Tobias on Arrested Development
Al Bundy in Married with Children
Cartman on South Park
Scofield in Prison Break Season 1

Whitaker and Lithgow in Dexter are probably top ten my favorite characters of all time.

No particular order

Whitaker in the Shield
Lithgow in Dexter
Hurley in Lost
Jonesy from Carnivale
Sutherland in 24
Sawyer in Lost
Cartman on South Park

No particular order

Whitaker in the Shield
Lithgow in Dexter
Hurley in Lost
Jonesy from Carnivale
Sutherland in 24
Sawyer in Lost
Cartman on South Park

No particular order

Whitaker in the Shield
Lithgow in Dexter
Hurley in Lost
Jonesy from Carnivale
Sutherland in 24
Sawyer in Lost
Cartman on South Park

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

- plus, lets be honest, i dont even think any of 'them' even read what you wrote. i mean, if they cant even sit still long enough to watch the wire i doubt they'll take the time out to read and fully comprehend what you said. ive written similar responses in Wire threads before going into detail of each season, i even made it short and attempted to dumb it down and they still didnt read it
ohwell.gif

I'm actually looking forward to thier response, I tried to be as concise and to the point as possible without going into great depth, because like you stated you can write entire thesis on a single season alone.  I just answered the questions he stated noone had prior and waited patiently for the next set/rebuttal which has yet to come.

-
nerd.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif

ohwell.gif

-
nerd.gif
grin.gif

ive never watched the shield but ive never seen a scene on tv that was as powerful as when poot and bodie were about to off wallace and he was cryin for his life. the wire took you from the street, politics, police department, to the city newspaper.
the wire is far from garbage imo
Avon Barksdale was based off Melvin Williams who played the Deacon who got Cutty his gym & who Bunny Colvin went to in season 3.
yea i read his story in an old diva mag. that actually made me want to get into the wire

ive never watched the shield but ive never seen a scene on tv that was as powerful as when poot and bodie were about to off wallace and he was cryin for his life. the wire took you from the street, politics, police department, to the city newspaper.
Avon Barksdale was based off Melvin Williams who played the Deacon who got Cutty his gym & who Bunny Colvin went to in season 3.
yea i read his story in an old diva mag. that actually made me want to get into the wire

Pmighty wrote:

Exactly we've never seen a show present such an accurate portrayal of our society, yet it doesn't have enough "action" to keep some interested... Real life isn't all action bro, and thats what this series was.  It was a depiction of real life, heroin uncut. Whaddown to my Bmore Brethren
pimp.gif

Pmighty wrote:

Exactly we've never seen a show present such an accurate portrayal of our society, yet it doesn't have enough "action" to keep some interested... Real life isn't all action bro, and thats what this series was.  It was a depiction of real life, heroin uncut. Whaddown to my Bmore Brethren
pimp.gif

Agreed Pmighty.
smh.gif
I can't even accurately convey in words how I felt when I saw that scene.It was just too raw.

Agreed Pmighty.
smh.gif
I can't even accurately convey in words how I felt when I saw that scene.It was just too raw.

who remembers that scene where mcnulty and bunk were investigating an old crime (girl got shot through her window) and were dropping F bombs the whole time?
laugh.gif
.......classic.

who remembers that scene where mcnulty and bunk were investigating an old crime (girl got shot through her window) and were dropping F bombs the whole time?
laugh.gif
.......classic.

^ anybody who watched the series remembers that scene...

Funniest scene of the series was when McNulty went to pick Bunk up from ol girls crib and foolie had burned his clothes to remove trace evidence

"You give me that ({}) then gone take my shoes?!?!?! .... *nodding off* THAT AINT RIGHT"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

^ anybody who watched the series remembers that scene...

Funniest scene of the series was when McNulty went to pick Bunk up from ol girls crib and foolie had burned his clothes to remove trace evidence

"You give me that ({}) then gone take my shoes?!?!?! .... *nodding off* THAT AINT RIGHT"

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by TheRav4

The Wire is the greatest series of all time. And I have a bad habit thinking that anyone that doesn't agree with me is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on.
eyes.gif

Interesting post, seeing as though I think the inverse.

So you think that anyone who thinks the Wire is the greatest series of all time is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on?

You think that all the critics and objectively intelligent reviewers who proclaim it as such are simply not smart enough to understand?

I can understand not liking the show, kind of, not really, but saying something like that is just ignorant. And I mean ignorant in the correct way, not like lots of NTers use it.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by TheRav4

The Wire is the greatest series of all time. And I have a bad habit thinking that anyone that doesn't agree with me is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on.
eyes.gif

Interesting post, seeing as though I think the inverse.

So you think that anyone who thinks the Wire is the greatest series of all time is simply not smart enough to understand what is going on?

You think that all the critics and objectively intelligent reviewers who proclaim it as such are simply not smart enough to understand?

I can understand not liking the show, kind of, not really, but saying something like that is just ignorant. And I mean ignorant in the correct way, not like lots of NTers use it.

Back
Top Bottom