The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.5%

• Total voters
Does Weeknd have a better back to back than Professional-> The Town? Maybe What You Need -> House of Balloons/GTG

Pretty / Tears in the Rain

Next / Echoes of Silence

Prisoner / Angel

DD / Montreal

Heaven or Las Vegas / Valerie

Thursday / The Zone

Gone / Rolling Stone

Now that's a hard choice but it'd hafta be XO/The Host & Initation

Last edited:
Does anyone else think Party Monster has so much potential? The beat and melody are great. Lyrics are atrocious. IMO, could have been "The Hills" of Starboy.

I kinda wish Abel did a double LP format

One LP old Weeknd one LP Pop Weeknd

I hate Future for ruining 6ft Under and All I Know

Last edited:
Dudes just going to forget The Morning transitions into Wicked Games, huh? :smh:

I'll be at the summit waiting for all y'all.

gif-12.gif

I've been trying to give SB a few more listens. I can't get passed "this is ight" for most songs.

Playing KL now, and The Town is art man, just pure art.

Adaptation, lyrically, could be his best song.

Perfect album for this rainy day lol.

Last edited:
Adaptation into Love in the Sky tops everything..

Birds PT2 into Gone is up there too

I kinda wish Abel did a double LP format

One LP old Weeknd one LP Pop Weeknd

I hate Future for ruining 6ft Under and All I Know
Real talk! I'll never know what the appeal of Future is. He ruins one of the potential best songs on the album in "All I Know". I have to hit fast forward every time he comes in on the song.

Sidewalks is one of my favs. Granted the auto tune is not needed but still good.

How many of y'all that don't like Sidewalks liked Wonderful with Travis tho? Seems like the whole thread was on that back then

Inserts jaguar fan gif

6ft under is that track you go into the club dolo with your super flyest gear with your chains dangling all in slow motion while doing that walk you know that slow walk biting your lips picking up your slightly sagging pants looking at one that specific yamb out of the hundreds. And then whatever is the next track just destroys your boner like wtf

Sidewalks is one of my favs. Granted the auto tune is not needed but still good.

How many of y'all that don't like Sidewalks liked Wonderful with Travis tho? Seems like the whole thread was on that back then

Inserts jaguar fan gif

It's because when wonderful dropped his style was still kinda new and you're curious to see how he meshes in a rap song. But now it's starting to get real stale. His rap songs are very predictable now. Feature, Tempo, subject of matter, all that

Back
Top Bottom