The Weeknd Thread ( "The Dawn FM" OUT NOW)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
I went to target to buy the album but they were sold out..

I went to bestbuy and they only have one copy and they want $15.99 + tax for the copy.. I can't justify buying a CD for that high price so I left..
Yeah man that's why I haven't copped the physical yet. I ain't having that Best Buy full price noise. I haven't checked Target yet, but is it on sale there or the same high price? I hate when they release CDs after the digital, it's always a hunt trying to find the physical and then not everywhere is on sale.

I went to target to buy the album but they were sold out..

I went to bestbuy and they only have one copy and they want $15.99 + tax for the copy.. I can't justify buying a CD for that high price so I left..

Yeah man that's why I haven't copped the physical yet. I ain't having that Best Buy full price noise. I haven't checked Target yet, but is it on sale there or the same high price? I hate when they release CDs after the digital, it's always a hunt trying to find the physical and then not everywhere is on sale.

It's $13.99+ tax at target..

Last edited:

:rofl:

Seems like Starboy is receiving mediocre reviews. Interesting to see if that'll affect him in his future releases

KL reviews were bad. BBTM reviews were average. I'm sure he wasn't expecting much review wise this time.

Seeing as Kiss Land wasn't received well and he hasn't sung one song from the album since his tour :lol: I'd think he might. Probably only care about the mula at this point though

I advise you all to go listen to the tapes again. Now after having some time to digest the new sounds, although not fully.

What I can say right now is that the music sounded so effortless and genuine. And maybe his new music is genuine too, but it doesn't have that umph. I'm on Thursday right now, and :smh: :smh:

The Zone on some good-great speakers with bass is unearthly. 2011 will go down as the best year musically in my lifetime. Idc idc idc. And I'm ok with that.

Starboy may be decent, some might even say good, but it's not timeless. It must suck having set the bar so damn high. In retrospect, he woulda been better off releasing each tape in 3 consecutive years.

You can tell he was really going for radio when you look at the length of the songs

Last edited:
Wonder why the Starboy performance have been so mild manner. I feel like that was going to be good on TV but haven't like a performance yet. It's just more him showing off the vocal skills.

:smh: Safe to say The Hills was not only the best song on BBTM but it's even better than everything on StarBoy too?
Illangelo worked on that and we got that dark sound on there. And I'm still shocked that it was supposed to be a Soundcloud track...

Ordinary Life is antoniobanderas.gif tho

Hope he puts that out as a single, it has no cursing on it

Last edited:
Ordinary life would be a contender for goat weeknd song if he let the beat fade out on some Gone steeze and sang about what it's like dying/going to hell as a result of the life.

[emoji]128532[/emoji] Just made myself sad thinking about what could've been.

Them VS models cute in the face and all but that anorexia does nothing for me 
eyes.gif

Some of these gym girls you see though 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom