The Weeknd Thread ( "Hurry Up Tomorrow" Coming Soon)

Favorite Weeknd Project?

• House of Balloons

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Thursday

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Echoes of Silence

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Kiss Land

Votes: 20 21.3%
  • Beauty Behind The Madness

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Starboy

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • My Dear Melancholy

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • After Hours

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Dawn FM

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Might Not is just another example of what the man does to features. So damn nasty

I can't believe that song is getting radio play but that's cool lol

Even though Belly BEEN eating good from the writing, that team been trying to break him as an artist for the longest.

No way it wasn't going to get radio play.

Even though Belly BEEN eating good from the writing, that team been trying to break him as an artist for the longest.

that roc nation management tho... thats all he really needed to get heard to keep it real.

for all we know.. he is the weekend 
nerd.gif

that roc nation management tho... thats all he really needed to get heard to keep it real.

No.

The Weeknd, one of the biggest artists on the radio right now, isn't on the record because of Roc Nation.

for all we know.. he is the weekend :nerd:
Lol at the last statement.

You ever heard Belly speak, b?

Ain't no way in hell he wrote those beautiful ballads of savagery that are HOB to KL.

Belly is a weed carrier, bro.

Son probably got credited in songs for suggesting a few words here & there...

Just a simple case of Abel looking out for his boy.

Last edited:
Lol at the last statement.

You ever heard Belly speak, b?

Ain't no way in hell he wrote those beautiful ballads of savagery that are HOB to KL.

Belly is a weed carrier, bro.

Son probably got credited in songs for suggesting a few words here & there...

Just a simple case of Abel looking out for his boy.

You actually think he writes all of his music?! [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Of course not :lol:

I don't eem know how you came to that conclusion from my post.

I'm not naive.

I'm just saying Belly is probably responsible for next to nothing of the lyrics.

Last edited:
Well damb at The Hills views

Lol at belly. I'm not a fan of him. Reminds of DJ khaled with a more advanced Down syndrome

:pimp: at the views amassed by The Hills. It played on the radio this morning. Still one of my top 10 Weeknd tracks.

Shoutout to Sam Smith. Saw Abel's snapchat and at the Oscars Sam said that he loved Abel as soon as he heard The Morning way back.

Xo_Official is his snap that's mostly someone else recording him at events and studio time

lastnightsparty is "out takes and extras" from XO but it's actually just interviewing and photo shoots with bad females. Well edited. For snapchat at least. Way more active during his last tour

No.

The Weeknd, one of the biggest artists on the radio right now, isn't on the record because of Roc Nation.
It doesn't work like that fam.... Radio and Publishing is mobbed up. DJ's get told what to put in the mix show by a program director 

What are you talking about? What does "mix show" have to do with anything?

You seem to have missed the point of what I said.

But if you want to take it there, the song also isn't on the radio because of Roc Nation.

Its being worked by Republic which had the highest ever share of radio play of any label for one year in 2015. They crush records at radio.

So you're still wrong. If you been around this thread long enough, you know I know what's what with Abel etc.

Roc Nation is helping but the idea that they're the reason for everything happening with Belly is absurd when he already had the connect with one of the biggest artists in the world (They share managers). And the same team that worked Weeknd to radio is working Belly now.

Last edited:
After seeing Abel at the Oscars and the Grammys. He's as mainstream as Adele. After hearing how commercial "Beauty behind the Madness" was, we might be seeing the creativity & authenticity in Abel's music, dwindling....

:\

The Hills' success really makes me wonder from time to time if Kiss Land's "weak" reception was more of a result of poor timing than anything.

Like, what if we didn't get any project in between the Trilogy remaster and Love Me Harder and Earned It; do you guys think that would the wave those two songs created for him would have made Kiss Land do Beauty Behind The Madness numbers?

The Hills' success really makes me wonder from time to time if Kiss Land's "weak" reception was more of a result of poor timing than anything.

Like, what if we didn't get any project in between the Trilogy remaster and Love Me Harder and Earned It; do you guys think that would the wave those two songs created for him would have made Kiss Land do Beauty Behind The Madness numbers?

I think so. KissLand is head and shoulders better than BBTM. If he gets like a chance to perform some of his older stuff on these award shows a lot of people's eyes would be open. With the recent success has KL sales gone up?

We're getting a Low Life video too :smokin

Last edited:
After seeing Abel at the Oscars and the Grammys. He's as mainstream as Adele. After hearing how commercial "Beauty behind the Madness" was, we might be seeing the creativity & authenticity in Abel's music, dwindling....

:\

I heard the party after the party the other day and cringed at how gone dude is from his original style :smh: it's sad really

Back
Top Bottom